PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Stop Me! LOL I'm spending too much money!!!

XD40SUBBIE
04-24-2012, 1:50 PM
Hi guys et ladies

I am on the 3rd day of 10 for my Smith and Wesson, M&P 15-22. I figure I really like the fun of the AR, but I am not planning to defend civilization any time soon so the .22 would be a good hold up for now.

With that said, an idle mind, trigger finger, etc. is the devil's playground. So I have been working on buying accessories and upgrade. Heck, I even ordered the muzzle brake from internet. What's bought so far?

Without going into details, mainly because I am too scared to look at my orders on Fleabay and Amazon, but:
Muzzle Brake
Tactical Sling
Red/Green Dot Scope
Stock
Handle
Grip
bipod
So Tacticool!

of course, more cleaning gear, as I only own a pistol. Rags, boresnake, S&W cleaning stuff, because it is safe for polymers, so my XD and my 15-22 can share.

I was only interrupted by the scare that this gun can actually blowup in my face. Out of Battery Discharges, seemed to be rampant with this weapon. Concerned, I called Smith and Wesson this morning. They assured me, this was not widespread, but an "acceptable" number compared to the sheer number of rifles they make/sell. They said that they can barely keep up with the demand. The CSR said, there are some people with problems and they took care of those very quickly with the weapon's lifetime warranty. They suggested that I use CCI minimags, which they say is what is used by them in the factory. Anyone know if Wally World in Fairfield stocks this? If so, how much? If not, where's a good place that will be too far to get some ammo? Apparently, my rifle's DWTxxx serial number is the current batch. Thank you in advance for general comments and advice....darn 7 days...go by faster!!!

JackRydden224
04-24-2012, 2:01 PM
You need at least 2 more magazines.

If you have a red dot you might want a magnifier with FTS mount.

Yes, I'm trying to get you to spend more money!

Dannicus
04-24-2012, 2:06 PM
I dunno about walls world in Fairfield, but I'm pretty sure the American canyon one sells mini-mags.

NOTABIKER
04-24-2012, 2:17 PM
march bought a mosberg tactical 22 also tricked it out for about 200 more in toy,s

late march bought a savage mark 2 FV target 22 maybe 150 in toys
april order a savage 64 simi auto 22 on sale with a scope .
also fixed my son in laws marlin 60 it is old. now it ejects perfect ,that also is in the closet. i think i am hooked. that is 4 22s in less than 2 months.

XD40SUBBIE
04-24-2012, 2:19 PM
You need at least 2 more magazines.

If you have a red dot you might want a magnifier with FTS mount.

Yes, I'm trying to get you to spend more money!

I forgot to add that, I bought 2 shorties, since it doesn't make sense to have a banana that only holds 10...flippin' California...I guess, it could be worse, we could be in MA or NJ/NY.

XD40SUBBIE
04-24-2012, 2:21 PM
BTW, I'm looking to do the crayon thing to my etchings...knowing me, I will end up doing it to my XD as well...Somebody stop me!

defcon
04-24-2012, 2:37 PM
whats an Out of Battery Discharges? and how do you safely handle it when you get it?

jemrey81
04-24-2012, 2:49 PM
Looks like a good list of accessories!

I, and my M&P 15-22, really like the Federal 550 packs from walmart.... I have gone through a few thousand without any issues (I did 2 boxes one day with another 250+ of some really crappy stuff, and I didn't have any failures).

XD40SUBBIE
04-24-2012, 3:01 PM
Looks like a good list of accessories!

I, and my M&P 15-22, really like the Federal 550 packs from walmart.... I have gone through a few thousand without any issues (I did 2 boxes one day with another 250+ of some really crappy stuff, and I didn't have any failures).

How much are are Feds from Wally World?

XD40SUBBIE
04-24-2012, 3:03 PM
I forgot to add the blanks(cover) for the rails...

Hilldweller
04-24-2012, 3:12 PM
Damn, I wish my wife would say that !

XD40SUBBIE
04-24-2012, 3:16 PM
Damn, I wish my wife would say that !

Actually, if you guys don't stop me...as soon as the wife sees these packages arrive- I'm a dead man.:D

jemrey81
04-24-2012, 3:43 PM
How much are are Feds from Wally World?

I think they are $18.97

XD40SUBBIE
04-24-2012, 3:44 PM
I think they are $18.97

Thanks! I think i may just have that much left when I get my gun! LOL

walletclan
04-25-2012, 7:45 AM
welcome to calguns!

XD40SUBBIE
04-25-2012, 9:43 AM
welcome to calguns!

LOL!

Lovesick Warrior
04-25-2012, 9:43 AM
FWIW - mine eats the CCI Blazers without problems. They are about $20 for box of 525.

Might as well let your wife know that your M&P will be very inexpensive to feed.

XD40SUBBIE
04-25-2012, 2:47 PM
Yes, much cheaper than the 40SW for my pistol.

wjc
04-25-2012, 6:10 PM
Actually, what you need now is bricks and bricks of ammo!

:43:

pennys dad
04-25-2012, 6:49 PM
Ok just for the sake of saying, I did have an out of battery with the S&W 15-22, well my wife did and I was right next to her and I got the shrapnel up the side of my head. It bleed, funny story.
I had an older model S&W gave me the newer model in 10 days.

Now for serious words, you need 4 brinks of M-22 ammo, 5 mags and change all the furniture :-)

XD40SUBBIE
04-26-2012, 8:35 AM
Ok just for the sake of saying, I did have an out of battery with the S&W 15-22, well my wife did and I was right next to her and I got the shrapnel up the side of my head. It bleed, funny story.
I had an older model S&W gave me the newer model in 10 days.

Now for serious words, you need 4 brinks of M-22 ammo, 5 mags and change all the furniture :-)

I like that, tip for tat. Quid pro quo. Were you standing on the left side?

Demonicspire
04-26-2012, 8:37 AM
I'm willing to place a substantial bounty on whoever it is that keeps whispering in my ear when I'm in the gun store "c'mon, its on sale, get another gun, you know you want to!"

Hopy
04-26-2012, 9:11 AM
Actually, if you guys don't stop me...as soon as the wife sees these packages arrive- I'm a dead man.:D

Thats why I have everything sent to my office:D

mreed
04-26-2012, 9:14 AM
You should invest in a new trigger... My 15-22 trigger group is horrid. Idl if they are better now or not but just a recommendation.

XD40SUBBIE
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
You should invest in a new trigger... My 15-22 trigger group is horrid. Idl if they are better now or not but just a recommendation.

I read that about this gun. But for the time being, I'm going to leave it alone. S&W told me that I can change anything on the outside without voiding the lifetime warranty. Anything internal will void it. If this thing explodes in my face, it would be nice to go after S&W. :)

TacticalTed.com
04-26-2012, 3:54 PM
My trigger seems to have gotten better over time. Now I like it just fine. Heard others say the same.

five.five-six
04-26-2012, 3:58 PM
Somebody Stop Me! LOL I'm spending too much money!!!!!!

I can't help you... get married, that will fix you right up :thumbsup:

orthopod
04-26-2012, 9:57 PM

Ha! I walked in today with my AR15 to see a big box from an order I placed with Mossberg 2 months ago with all the parts to convert my 930 to the 930 SPX...and that's not including the boxes of stuff Amazon has delivered of Otis cleaning gear, Froglube...or the Glock I picked up last week.. and the growing ammo stockpile at home...just talk about how crazy things are going to get as the election nears and how you are happy to be getting squared away now rather than later:)

trob
04-27-2012, 12:47 PM
uggh, you can't stop....that's a fact. that's the thing with rimfires. You are saving so much money on ammo, it "justifies" the never-ending cash drop.

:D its only money. It's not a problem until your couch is a cardboard box, and you sold your shoes for bolt buffers.