PDA

View Full Version : FrogLube Group Buy - SGV (PRICE UPDATE 4/28/12)

elkung2000
04-24-2012, 2:12 PM
I will be purchasing a few tubs of FrogLube soon and wanted to see if anybody wants to have a group buy to save on shipping! I will be placing the order within a week or two.

Pick-up will be in or near Temple City, 91780. Payment can be in Cash or Paypal Discreet.

Below are the prices (Updated as of 4/28/12) based on the amount of current orders.

FrogLube 8oz Paste - $17 $16 each
FrogLube 4oz Paste - $11 $10 each
ForgLube 5ml Tube Paste - $1.50 $1.25 each

FrogLube 8oz Liquid - $23 $22 each
FrogLube 4oz Liquid - $14 $13 each
FrogLube 1oz Liquid - $8 $7 each

elkung2000
04-25-2012, 3:46 PM
BTT

tbc
04-25-2012, 4:07 PM
Just FYI. You can get this stuff from Turners.

Sent from IPhone

AVID HUNTER
04-25-2012, 4:52 PM
or ebay

Solidux
04-25-2012, 4:57 PM
There was a super long thread done by a chemist, and other people who think, about froglube being snake oil for gun enthusiasts. It's basically the Kony2012 of gun oil

jdewolf
04-25-2012, 5:34 PM
There was a super long thread done by a chemist, and other people who think, about froglube being snake oil for gun enthusiasts. It's basically the Kony2012 of gun oil

I'd like a link.

I use it and it works. I'm not saying it's the best stuff ever made. I'm sure you could find a better cleaner, lubricant, or protectant out there. However as a 3-1 CLP product it's my favorite so far.

elkung2000
04-25-2012, 9:24 PM
Just FYI. You can get this stuff from Turners.

Sent from IPhone

Good to know! Any idea on the pricing at Turners? I'll have to stop by and take a look soon.

or ebay

Just checked ebay, the cheapest for an 8oz paste tub was about $27...$10 more than what we can get in the group buy....

I'd be interested in the link as well =)
Seems like everyone has their own opinion about the snake oil. Personally, it works just as well as the other lubricants I've tried (CLP, Rem-Oil, Hoppe's, etc). But I choose it because it's not toxic so no worries about the dogs or kids getting into it. Probably better for my own health as well. It also smells nice, has a clean minty smell. Not quite as awesome as the Hoppe's #9 smell, but not bad.

Anyways, thanks for the info guys, keep letting me know if you're interested in the group buy.

~Eric

Ricky-Ray
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Is there a difference in using the paste vs. the liquid or is it just a matter of personal preference?

jdewolf
04-26-2012, 6:15 PM
Is there a difference in using the paste vs. the liquid or is it just a matter of personal preference?

From my understanding the liquid is used where you would well normally use any normal product. The paste is used where you would typically use grease. Don't quote me on that however.

utvtactical
04-26-2012, 8:01 PM
The Liquid is easier to put on a patch or rails and drizzle into the trigger. The Paste costs less and is easy to use with bare hands to coat most other parts of the gun.

Solidux
04-26-2012, 9:03 PM
---EDIT--- Here it is! http://www.catalog.biopreferred.gov/bioPreferredCatalog/companyDetails?ID=5244 All the same product. all the same snake oil. Two different navy seals came up with the exact same product, exact same time, exact same manufacturer, exact same everything... minus the name. You are paying dozens of dollars for http://uremet.com/carnival.html tracklube, that you can buy by the tub for a FRACTION of the price.

Let me try to explain the Kony2012 comment (since its expensive, it must be good right?):
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=441101

-utvtactical claims froglube is the next coming of jesus
-claims that navy seals and special forces use froglube (nope)
-claims for it to make rounds shoot faster/harder/quicker/longer/faster/etc by testing done... however cannot release testing info because it is "proprietary information"
-utvtactical pretty much admitted froglube is "rebranded tracklube" http://spinoff.nasa.gov/spinoff1997/ch7.html
-more crazy claims from utvtactical saying it increases bullet velocity
-etc etc. lab fights then thread closed.

Pretty much it all boils down to utvtactical being a GREAT snake oil salesman vs SEAL-1 / Tracklube (doing the whole eating it in front of customers jingo that door to door solicitors do)

Found another source claiming froglube as snake oil

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93495

The navy seal who made sn.. frog lube: http://www.linkedin.com/in/larrylasky

Another paste/oil made by a different navy seal at the same time/same ingredients/same company/same claims/same etc http://seal1.net/Seal-1-PRODUCT-PAGE.html#anchor_53

jdewolf
04-27-2012, 8:12 PM
Ok, I don't see how it's snake oil however.

It cleans, lubricates, and protects. No matter what the extra claims may be.

I for one never bought into the crazy claims of utv. I probably would have never tried it if I didn't receive a free sample from one their workers.

Claims as far as increased velocity, I could care less. I never chrono'd any rounds before or after.

Ok so it's re-branded, a lot of products are.

That m4carbine business was ridiculous. I read a few pages of it. Some guy used it in conjunction with another product and didn't like the results? You aren't supposed to mix it to begin with.

Simply put I use it, it works. I could care less about the claims. I haven't used every product out there [nor would I want to]. It cleans well, it lubricates well, and as for the protectant properties... well I can't say for sure as I've never had to "test" out any product I've used.

I've used it on a Marlin 795. The action felt gritty using straight CLP after 100rds or so. With Froglube it still feels nice and slick after 100rds.

I've used it on my Mossberg 590a1. Keeps the action smooth like butter after shooting.

I've used it on my Glock. Well it's a Glock... it runs fine dry. I treated my connector, etc and it made it noticeably smoother.

I've used it on my 7.62x39 AR and it keeps on ticking. After a few hundred rounds I could feel the BCG feeling gritty with CLP. I dumped 100rds downrange the other day and it still felt slick. When I went to clean everything up after everything had cooled down the carbon and fouling just wiped clean. It was actually a bit ridiculous.

Again I have limited products to compare it to. In the past I've used Hoppes Elite, CLP or Rem Oil. Froglube surpasses all those products by far. It smells good and is safe. Again there might be better products out there... but I could really care less. A lot of people use it and love it. I'm not going to make outrageous claims about what it's capable of. At that point it just becomes an e-penis fight and I'd like to stay clear of all that. It works... get a free sample and try it for yourself. If you dislike it afterwards... well it's a free country :)

elkung2000
04-29-2012, 8:15 PM
BTT

gun4fun
04-29-2012, 10:05 PM
whats the shelf life on this stuff

utvtactical
04-30-2012, 8:39 AM
To the best of my knowledge, FrogLube has an unlimited shelf life.