PDA

View Full Version : ***CLOSED*** GROUP BUY: Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (NORCAL/Bay Area) FULL!

wowsza
04-23-2012, 9:16 PM
***05/07/2012 UPDATE***

group buy went smoothly, all the rifles have been picked up or will be by the end of the day today. thanks to everyone involved, hope to see you guys again soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone.

i'm looking to do a SMALL group buy for some mosin-nagant 91/30's (ROUND receiver), and was wondering if any of you all were interested. the rifles will most likely be purchased from JG sales based on positive experiences i've had with them in the past, as well as their reasonable prices and shipping costs. ***EDIT*** does anyone have an opinion about classic firearms? they seem to charge more, but do they generally sell better guns? i am looking to buy at least 5 rifles, and 10 at most.

RULES:

1. you are not a prohibited person.
2a. local pickup only, no shipping under any circumstances.
b. norcal and sf bay area residents have priority. if you are from another area but are willing to pick up in san jose, PM me.
3. you can claim a spot in this group buy, but that does not necessarily put you in front of the line (this will be elaborated upon below)
4. this group buy is not to exceed 10 rifles. there will be a wait-list in case people bail.
5. pay in cash only at the time of pickup. bring your CA driver's license for my bound book.

and now, the most important details:

i am doing this group buy to better my collection, and will be handpicking the rifles i want from this group buy. the rifles i do not want will be available for you to choose from, depending on when you can come by to pick them up. as i stated before, claiming a spot only guarantees you a rifle if there are any left. if someone else can pick up before you, they can choose from whatever is left. pick-up times will be monday-wednesday after 4PM, and saturdays from 10AM-2PM (maybe after 6PM) i live in saratoga (95070), near the de anza boulevard exit of highway 85. if you cannot pick up within two weeks of me receiving the rifles, i reserve the right to remove you from the group buy and give your spot to someone on the waiting list.

price will be $100 per rifle. since this is a smaller group buy, i will pay for all the rifles up front.

i've tried my best to be thorough, if you have any more questions please PM me.

thanks for the interest!

***EDIT***

who's in:

1. jwtechnic
2. gcm
3. eljay
4. Alexjr1967
5. Alexjr1967
6. uwinrodgers
7. uwinrodgers
8. gundaman
9. Alexjr1967
10. Alexjr1967

+
11. USACracer

like i said earlier, sorry but this group buy will be capped at 10 to keep things simple. if you would like to be added to the wait-list, let me know.

Cranium
04-24-2012, 1:32 PM
I thought group buys were generally a "split the cost" kind of situation?

jrara
04-24-2012, 1:37 PM
Any chance to get an M44 or m38 in this mix?

knerona
04-24-2012, 2:19 PM
+1

I thought group buys were generally a "split the cost" kind of situation?

This sounds more like a sale thread. More info? Group buys usually have price for the lot and the break down of savings and etc.

http://www.jgsales.com/mosin-nagant-91-30-round-receiver-rifle,-7.62x54r-caliber.-p-1041.html

Alexjr1967
04-24-2012, 2:22 PM
I'm in ... Pm sent

brige03
04-24-2012, 2:47 PM
They look like used Chinese rifles according to JG Sales.

You may as well consider to buy them in bulk from Buds:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411540201/Mosin-Nagant+M9130+7.62X54R+Very+Good+Condition

These are factory sealed with cosmo. They come with slings, byonet and mag pouch too.

List price is $109 from buds site. You can probably negotiate a better deal for a bulk buy.

wowsza
04-24-2012, 5:14 PM
+1

This sounds more like a sale thread. More info? Group buys usually have price for the lot and the break down of savings and etc.

http://www.jgsales.com/mosin-nagant-91-30-round-receiver-rifle,-7.62x54r-caliber.-p-1041.html

your concerns are noted, but if i wanted to buy these in bulk and sell them off for profit, i'd certainly buy more than 10 rifles. i've seen some pretty ridiculous prices from other group buys (from people clearly trying to make a profit), so i thought $100 per rifle was a very reasonable price. if you don't have a c&r or don't want to pay $15+ to ship one rifle, this group buy is for you. all receipts will be available on request if you are in on the buy, and if you do not agree with the price, i respect your opinion and you do not have to take part. again, i am paying for the rifles with my own money (there is no "risk" on your end), dealing with the paperwork, and if you get here early enough you can choose which rifle you want instead of having just one sent to you, so i believe $100 is more than fair.

and just so we are clear, the point of this group buy is to allow me a better chance of finding a quality mosin, and then allowing others to get one at a reasonable price. i wish my motives were more altruistic, but i need to spoil myself from time to time with a $100 rifle:)

Cranium
04-29-2012, 11:39 AM
i believe $100 is more than fair.

For the record, I wasn't questioning fairness of your price. I guess I just haven't seen enough group buys or something. I'm just used to seeing group buys as splitting the costs, not with 10% fees added to the price.
Again, $100 sounds like a fine price for a decent Mosin. The numbers just don't jibe with a "group buy" IMHO.
Just wanted to clarify my post.

Eljay
04-29-2012, 2:53 PM
I don't think there's really anything set in stone for group buys, especially since not many have been done with C&R rifles. You might also consider that many group buys are structured such that there's no one person who's fronting the money like there is in this case - in most group buys everybody sends their check to the company and nobody's on the hook if somebody backs out.

Pretty much if you're doing the group buy you set the rules and people can join in or not. If there's a perception that somebody's gouging somebody else will set up a competing group buy with better terms. In this case even if you had a C&R if you order only one rifle from J&G it's $105.50 with shipping so $100 seems good to me. If you want to set one up where they're $95 go for it.

uwinrodgers
05-05-2012, 3:18 PM
Good guy (Wowsza) to deal with...class act. Thanks!!

SirJangly
05-05-2012, 3:53 PM
I wish I could have gotten one :)

Eljay
05-05-2012, 6:04 PM
Yes, yes you do. :-) Picked mine up today and since nobody flaked it turned out to be $95 after all!

B. Wong
05-05-2012, 6:09 PM
Yes, yes you do. :-) Picked mine up today and since nobody flaked it turned out to be $95 after all!

Wow, I'm really jealous of you. Congrats on FINALLY getting a Mosin.