PDA

View Full Version : Sending shotgun out of state

David
04-27-2007, 1:51 PM
I know this question has probably been answered many times before, but I'm at work and don't have time to search.
A friend wants to send her deceased grandfathers shotgun to a friend in another state. She thought she could just mail it, but I explained that various laws were involved and that she could even be committing a felony. She called the post office and a couple ffl's but just ended up getting confused. I told her that I would ask here as you guys would know. Thanks Much.

Hunter
04-27-2007, 9:05 PM
I know this question has probably been answered many times before, but I'm at work and don't have time to search.
A friend wants to send her deceased grandfathers shotgun to a friend in another state. She thought she could just mail it, but I explained that various laws were involved and that she could even be committing a felony. She called the post office and a couple ffl's but just ended up getting confused. I told her that I would ask here as you guys would know. Thanks Much.

She can mail it herself to a FFL dealer in the other state. Her friend would then need to transfer the gun from that dealer. Best means is via FedEx or UPS for transport to the ffl dealer, but USPS is an option also. She cannot just send it to her friend directly.