View Full Version : single shot

04-23-2012, 7:05 PM
Hello Appleseeder's,
Am i in left field to try the appleseed shoot with a
.22 single shot bolt action match gun? it has peep sight's and
is very accurate. I'm just not sure about the course of fire with a
single shot. Thanks in advance.

04-23-2012, 7:10 PM
Your going to have to be fast with the action. It is timed event.

04-23-2012, 7:45 PM
thats what i was thinking too.

04-23-2012, 8:19 PM
It's been done before. I know of two Rifleman scores made with single-shot .22's.

Having said that, it will be an added distraction. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're already pretty familiar with rifles. But there's nothing at all stopping you if that's how you want to roll.

04-23-2012, 8:20 PM
Don't get too focused on the "prize". Appleseed isn't all about getting the Rifleman patch. Folks have gotten a Rifleman score with single shot rifles. But the real purpose is to learn shooting techniques. Here is your test. Draw a circle around a quarter. Use a marker to fill in the circle. With out using a bench or sand bags fire 10 shots at the circle at a distance of 25 yards. Are all the shots in the circle? If not, sign up and go have fun!

04-23-2012, 9:51 PM
Hat Creek had a Kimber 82G (single shot bolt action single load rifle) this past weekend and yes, he earned a Rifleman score with it.

04-24-2012, 7:00 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I'll show up and shoot. I've got good dope on the gun, just wasn't sure of the course of fire. I'll give it a shot. thanks again