PDA

View Full Version : Vamfire MLD reviews

r8dr rider
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Anybody running this on their AR? Debating to get this or a Raddlock. I like having the ability to change it to a normal release when shooting in a free state.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-738-vamfire-mld-magazine-locking-device.aspx

MrPlink
04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Raddlocks can change too :shrug:

ericneth63
04-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Go with Raddlock. I had the Vamfire on my AR and the button backed out during a carbine class. luckily i found it later that day.

L4D
04-23-2012, 11:50 AM
i own two vamfire MLD's and just recently got a radlock. Radlock wins. The Vamfire center button comes loose after time.

SoCalSig1911
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
I run the MLD on my AR and i think its great! What i would do and i do not know why manufacturers haven't caught onto the fact that recoil and vibration loosens screws.. Buy some blue loctite (small bottle will last forever) and use it on any thread to thread contacts and they will not loosen up, but you will still be able to remove them when you want to. I put a drop on the threads in the cap and also on the screw that lifts the button up and down and have never had an issue.

r8dr rider
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
I've read posts that the Raddlocks have fallen out during fire as well. Also that when in out of state config the button doesn't work well.

glock7
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
^ nope over 6000 rounds with hard use in Nevada, never had a problem with it.

L4D
04-23-2012, 1:26 PM
I run the MLD on my AR and i think its great! What i would do and i do not know why manufacturers haven't caught onto the fact that recoil and vibration loosens screws.. Buy some blue loctite (small bottle will last forever) and use it on any thread to thread contacts and they will not loosen up, but you will still be able to remove them when you want to. I put a drop on the threads in the cap and also on the screw that lifts the button up and down and have never had an issue.

That's a bad idea to loctite the adjustment screw. It's a really really small head that can strip, then what.

I did put a dab of loctite in that cap and haven't had any more issues. I just hope it comes off easy if i ever need to replace it.

SoCalSig1911
04-23-2012, 1:42 PM
That's a bad idea to loctite the adjustment screw. It's a really really small head that can strip, then what.

I did put a dab of loctite in that cap and haven't had any more issues. I just hope it comes off easy if i ever need to replace it.

That's why i recommended the blue loctite and not the red or green.. The blue is pretty soft but it puts a barrier between the 2 surfaces and absorbs the recoil and vibration. You could even wrap a layer of Teflon tape over the set screw just to stop it from moving around during shooting. I do agree that the manufacturer should supply a small amount of loctite but that's all lack of testing in the field and just being totally ignorant to screws coming loose from vibration.

Wicked K5
04-23-2012, 2:52 PM
I have a Vamfire and I have no complaints although I don't have many rounds through my AR. In retrospect I should have gone with a Bullet Button and put the savings toward an extra mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk