PDA

View Full Version : Which Ak47??

The Truth
04-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi, brand new to the site and just getting back into guns in general.

So I'm in the market for an ak47. I was torn between the ar-15 and ak-47 but i think i'm going to go with the ak. Anyways, I came across a guy who has 2 for sale and I was hoping to get some opinions on what I should do.

The first one is a Wasr 10, which is kinda tact'd out. It has some tapco furniture on it with the collapsible stock, it has a rail with fore grip. he's put new triggers in both which he customized a bit. $700

The 2nd is a GP1975, basically stock with the black poly furniture. the only thing he did was put a new trigger in it and customized the trigger a bit. $600

Should I go with one of these or should I just get another Romanian model from Turner's or something??

What I'd really like to get is an Arsenal SGL21 but I can't seem to find any...

Any feed back would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

dbo31
04-23-2012, 7:38 AM
im on the AK bandwagon now and have recently picked up 3..and SGL..an M10 and and Pol underfolder from interams..they all run pretty flawlessly. I have no experience with the GP but I have friends with WASR's and they love them for the price. If you're going to drop $700 may want to look at the M10. I love mine..it eats through everything..came with the rails..G2 trigger etc. I got mine for about 675 tax and everything. They may be going up since the word is kinda out and they're getting harder to find.

NorCalK9.com
04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
This one

http://imgur.com/a/IQCTf

ZX-10R
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM

So I'm in the market for an ak47. I was torn between the ar-15 and ak-47 but i think i'm going to go with the ak. Anyways, I came across a guy who has 2 for sale and I was hoping to get some opinions on what I should do.

The first one is a Wasr 10, which is kinda tact'd out. It has some tapco furniture on it with the collapsible stock, it has a rail with fore grip. he's put new triggers in both which he customized a bit. $700

The 2nd is a GP1975, basically stock with the black poly furniture. the only thing he did was put a new trigger in it and customized the trigger a bit. $600

Should I go with one of these or should I just get another Romanian model from Turner's or something??

Thanks!!

Buy what you can afford...You will need ammo. Depending on what you do with it you may add things as well. Get used to the rifle first then start adding stuff.

gotshotgun?
04-23-2012, 3:40 PM
This one

Hey! Quite whoring out your rifle! Unless you plans on selling it to me :43:

stix213
04-23-2012, 4:47 PM
Bullseye in San Rafael had at least one SGL-21 left after I bought one Saturday :D

Didn't even plan on getting anything, but when I saw they had the 21 (not the 23) I figured it was my only chance for a while.

Johnnyfres
04-23-2012, 5:18 PM
What ever you do make sure you get one with a double stack magazine. Also if you get an WASR make sure you get it from a reputable place. Need to watch for canted sights on those.

If you can afford a milled receiver, get one of those.

Richard Erichsen
04-23-2012, 5:30 PM

Thanks!!

The Truth,

It's a common error in nomenclature, but the weapons you're interested in are AKM clones, not AK47s. To simplify and still be correct you can just call them all "AKs" or just "Kalashnikov".

The WASR-10 is a completely adequate weapon, though the Arsenal Inc. will be better built if you can find one. The GP1975 would be fine, but if made by Century as the majority of these rifles would seem to be, it would be my last choice.

Building one would be more satisfying and you'll learn the rifle in and out if you do so. There are still Romy G kits around and I'd suggest one of those, particularly as a first AK.

R

Soldier415
04-23-2012, 6:21 PM
Bullseye in San Rafael had at least one SGL-21 left after I bought one Saturday :D

Didn't even plan on getting anything, but when I saw they had the 21 (not the 23) I figured it was my only chance for a while.
We have more on the way ;)

Oh the joys of having a store and warehouse in Nevada. :D

NYY
04-23-2012, 8:37 PM
This one

haha THIS GUY. AND HIS DAMN 74 AGAIN

CSACANNONEER
04-23-2012, 8:41 PM
Build your own.

NorCalK9.com
04-23-2012, 10:54 PM
@gotshotgun?
Haha no. but you can build one like I did then just add the accessories after lol.

pyro3k2
04-24-2012, 1:24 PM
when NorCalk9.com laser engraves his calguns handle on one of his AK's that when i'll say he's gone to far lol.

NYY
04-24-2012, 11:07 PM
when NorCalk9 has every single AK variant in the world, including pictures and Coyote kills with each, then i still wont think hes finished..

pyro3k2
04-25-2012, 9:53 AM
NorCalk9 has a Coyote throw rug in his living room, the coyote isn't dead it's just affraid to move.

kwansao
04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
No matter the manufacturer, Field strip the rifle and make sure the receiver, trunion, barrel, gas block and front sight are all aligned properly. If you dont care so much then get an IO AK.

zfields
04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
No matter the manufacturer, Field strip the rifle and make sure the receiver, trunion, barrel, gas block and front sight are all aligned properly. If you dont care much about it actually working, then get an IO AK.

Fixed.

NorCalK9.com
04-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Haha the only ak's I have coyote jills with is the ak74 545x39, and most kills with the saiga556. Have em with the bolt guns as well, but have yet ti kill a coyote with 762x39 ak. But did shoot a rattle snake 10x last summer with ak 762x39 wasnt much left afterwards lol.

The Truth
04-26-2012, 3:03 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back, I've been busy with work and such.
Thanks for all the info tho guys!

And you were right stix 213 they do have an sgl 21 at bulls eye. They wanted a 1000 for it tho. Is that to high? Do you think it'd be better to spend the 1000 on the sgl21 or the 700 on the wasr 10?

And kind of a side note, I was also looking at 308 battle riffles. They seem pretty sweet! Anybody have any experience with em?

dbo31
04-26-2012, 7:13 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back, I've been busy with work and such.
Thanks for all the info tho guys!

And you were right stix 213 they do have an sgl 21 at bulls eye. They wanted a 1000 for it tho. Is that to high? Do you think it'd be better to spend the 1000 on the sgl21 or the 700 on the wasr 10?

And kind of a side note, I was also looking at 308 battle riffles. They seem pretty sweet! Anybody have any experience with em?

oof...1000 for an SGL is about 200 too high..same with the WASR..guess they're taking advantage of the scarcity. Royal Pawn here in SD has 2 WASR's for around 600 if you're close or can drive.

The Truth
04-27-2012, 3:06 AM
Cool Thanks! In fairness tho the Wasr does have some upgrades. G2 trigger, tapco furniture, saw handle, fore rail with fore grip..
Does it still sound to high?

russt
04-27-2012, 5:50 AM
the wasr gp10/63 comes with a g2 trigger, you can get them new for 579+tax+dros from a few locations around here

luchador768
04-27-2012, 8:17 AM
$700 for a used, bubba WASR is a bit too high.

The Right to Bear Arms
04-27-2012, 5:14 PM
Be tough, hold out and use your network to find a Saiga 3.08. Whether it's from Turner's or anyone else. Btw, I'm in the same boat as you. Looking for a couple of AK's to get at the same time. The Saiga IZ 132 is available for $419 but it's chambered @ 7.62x39. 21" barrel for $499 ( Rifle Gear )