PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 LPKs without FCG

ExtremeX
04-22-2012, 9:14 PM
I'm in the market for a LPK and decided to stop buying kits that come with a trigger group since I end up upgrading the trigger anyways.

So without comparing triggers, which most reviews seem to be based on, are there really any differences between all these LPKs?

All the other components seems pretty standard, springs, detentes, safety lever, bolt catch/release, take down pins... is there really any discernible difference in manufacturing quality, or do most of these parts just come from the same place? The only variance I can see between all of these kits is the price.

Calgunner217
04-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I've used the JP Enterprise kit with no FCG for three builds. Only down side is that I usually upgrade grip also, so I have like 5 A2 grips laying around. JP Ent. is a great LPK would recommend 100%. RG has em instock.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-773-jp-enterprises-lower-parts-kit-without-trigger-group.aspx

Wnick308
04-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Armalite has a trigger free kit.

ExtremeX
04-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I am aware of the various manufactures that sell LPKs w/o the trigger group. What I wanted to know if there is really any differences with the other parts, springs, detentes, and other items all seem pretty standard, unless there is a noticeable difference in quality over a DPMS vs JP kit for example.

They all seem pretty standard, yet some of these kits vary in price by 20-40%.