PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 223 hi cap mags

cantcme
04-22-2012, 6:17 PM
What are the options for hi cap mags for both unconverted and converted 223 saigas

Mossy Man
04-22-2012, 6:20 PM
MSA adapter

user your old pre-ban AR mags

Mossy Man
04-22-2012, 6:23 PM
although i dont know if high cap mags trigger 922r or not

Moonshine
04-22-2012, 6:35 PM
Provided there are no evil features and the magazines were possessed lawfully prior to the ban this should be legit as I believe the only magazine modification to a non evil feature gun that triggers AW status is a detachable mag SKS. Hopefully the senior forum members chime in though as I'm still new.

cantcme
04-22-2012, 6:39 PM
I'm not asking about the mag laws. I'm asking which hi cap mags will mechanically work.

Moonshine
04-22-2012, 6:40 PM
With the MSA adaptor AR-15 magazines will work.. USGI, pmags, etc. note that it does not count as a 922r compliance part.

pyro3k2
04-22-2012, 6:44 PM
high caps will trigger 922(r), Your options are using surefire mags, ak74 mags(just not loaded to full capacity) or Galil/golani mags from tapco. There are a few other mags out there but for the price you can't beat surefire in terms of quality. Check out Carolina shooters supply or mississippi auto arms websites. Hopefully you are located out of state...

RustyMacHine
04-22-2012, 6:46 PM
high caps will trigger 922(r), Your options are using surefire mags, ak74 mags(just not loaded to full capacity) or Galil/golani mags from tapco. There are a few other mags out there but for the price you can't beat surefire in terms of quality. Check out Carolina shooters supply or mississippi auto arms websites. Hopefully you are located out of state...

So the Bulgarian 223 mags won't work?

pyro3k2
04-22-2012, 6:46 PM
I'm not asking about the mag laws. I'm asking which hi cap mags will mechanically work.

By asking this question on calguns you are asking about mag laws even if not directly.

fourXfour
04-22-2012, 6:55 PM

+1 Surefire Gun Magazines work well and no need for a bullet guide.

922R parts can be tricky. I recall ordering a handguard that said US made on the website. When I received it, it clearly said "made in china".