PDA

View Full Version : Hey,need input-featureless Ar's -need MMG vs Gripwrap re: PINNED adj stk

DisgruntledReaper
04-22-2012, 3:09 PM
Hey you AR people, I will be starting to make a couple/3 AR's for family members in the next couple months(I hope) and I will be going featureless because it is easier to teach and get them used to magazine changes when you DONT need to constantly remember the tool and the 'only 10 rd' crap.

Basically they will be M4-geries with muzzle brakes and I will be finding out which position works best for them on the adjustable stocks and then pinning or nut and bolting them to make them fixed...

My question is- even though BOTH the MMG and the Gripwrap prevent you from doing the 'evil pistol grip' , is one better than the other in terms of getting hassled by ' leo on power trip' ? I know it is easy to remove the gripwrap and 'viola' you have a pg..... so 'someone' may try to pull the 'well all you have to do is...'

So, since both cost about the same ,what say you?

Thank you.

ElvenSoul
04-22-2012, 3:29 PM
Easy to remove? Who told you this?

tomd1584
04-22-2012, 3:44 PM
Grip wrap.

spdrcr
04-22-2012, 4:02 PM
If you're going to pin an adjustable stock, I'd recommend a Hammerhead grip from Exile Machine.

I think the MMG and grip wraps are better suited to fixed stocks like an A1/A2 stock.

As a datapoint, I have lowers configured both ways.

hayaku
04-22-2012, 4:12 PM
+grip wrap...

got it with my pinned vltor emod and imod club foot. my radlocks are sitting in the range bag...

DisgruntledReaper
04-22-2012, 4:56 PM
Thank's guys..

Regarding the 'easy to remove'- well we all know it is just loosen 3 screws and slide off-that I what I meant or what 'someone' may try to point out in an attempt to class as 'AW' , we all know the general IQ level out there with respect to...

Anyway I was going to go the grip wrap rout and the only reason I am using the M4 or other 'telestocks' is that the family members are all different heights so basically 'custom fit' to them and adjust as they grow up....or out....:rolleyes::cheers2:

The Virus
04-23-2012, 6:29 AM
grip wrap hands down...

peter95
04-23-2012, 6:43 AM
grip wrap for me.

I tried the exile before, and since my hands are a little above avg sized, my thumb kept rubbing the part of my buffer tube which would cause it to hurt.

Instead of buying the MMG, I ended up wrapping my own grip and it turned out fine.
It's so comfortable that even when I shoot my buddies pistol grip AR, I would grip it the way I grip my featureless without even knowing it.

Here's a pic of my featureless.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7009/6496453301_24bc2be549_b.jpg

Bottom line, you should try both and see which fits you better.
For me, the wrap is the way to go.
Some people like the MMG, some people dont.
Some people like the Exile, some people dont.

It's preference. Try it, if you dont like it, re-sell it.

Dirtbiker
04-23-2012, 7:58 AM
I run grip wraps on all of my black rifles. I run a machine screw in the left side of the grip/wrap to make sure it can't fall or be pulled off.