PDA

View Full Version : Help me find me an SGL-21

Travis590A1
04-22-2012, 2:11 PM
Hey all you AK guys! Im trying to find an SGL-21 but most shops is my county dont like to deal in "Black Guns" so does anyone know where I can get one near Ventura county? Or even online? Id prefer an out of state model that way I can install my own bb vs having the pre-riveted bb's. Thanks guys

FrankPro1
04-22-2012, 3:52 PM
I picked up my SGL-21 from RifleGear in Fountain Valley a couple months ago. Top notch store, tons of black rifle goodies and extremely helpful, informative staff. They go in and out of stock pretty quickly, so head over to their webpage and sign up for an email notification: http://www.riflegear.com/p-926-arsenal-sgl21-saiga-762x39-rifle.aspx

Pic from her first outing to the Arizona desert: "I've since replaced the crapo BSA dot for a Bushnell TRS-25 and standard stock with a Vltor / Magpul combo" Great AK platform if you don't mind the price. I've only started breaking her in but the first 2500 rounds were completely flawless "Brown Bear FMJ, Hornady SST and Remington Bronze Softpoint".
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii38/FrankPro666/IMG_7313dr.jpg

Travis590A1
04-22-2012, 11:46 PM
I notice yours has no riveted bb, how did you manage to get that? On the link you posted all the CA rifles have the riveted bb's. I want to try and get a different style bb since I travel from CA to OR from time to time. Some one told me arsenal gives you a coupon to swap it but as far as I know arsenal will not ship to cali...

Rekrab
04-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Rifle Gear does business out of state so they get un-ruined Arsenal rifles. They just slap a new BB on the rifle before they put it on the shelf.

DGD73
04-23-2012, 6:01 AM
The SGL-23 is the model that comes with the bullet button from the factory to be CA legal. This is the one that has a coupon to send it back and get it removed if the laws were to change. I bought my SGL-21 (just the standard non CA compliant model) with an aftermarket bullet button (Solar Tactical, I believe) already installed. How difficult it is to get a dealer to get one for you and install the BB, or get one with a BB already installed, I don't know, I purchased mine off the shelf, so it wasn't a big deal. I just figured you might want to be aware of the different models to make a more informed purchase.

dbo31
04-23-2012, 7:43 AM
DAS here in San Diego has a few or they know where to get them. Super nice guys and easy to deal with.

bighead
04-23-2012, 9:45 AM
rrcfirearms.com

or New Frontier Armory

FrankPro1
04-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I notice yours has no riveted bb, how did you manage to get that? On the link you posted all the CA rifles have the riveted bb's. I want to try and get a different style bb since I travel from CA to OR from time to time. Some one told me arsenal gives you a coupon to swap it but as far as I know arsenal will not ship to cali...

The SGL-21's from Riflegear "the link i provided" do not have a riveted bb. Mine is pictured without a standard bb because I removed it during my time in Arizona. Its as simple as removing 2 set screws and 2 allen screws.

dbo31
04-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Can't get one directly from kvar?

Travis590A1
04-23-2012, 2:24 PM
The SGL-21's from Riflegear "the link i provided" do not have a riveted bb. Mine is pictured without a standard bb because I removed it during my time in Arizona. Its as simple as removing 2 set screws and 2 allen screws.

Awsome thats what I wanted to hear. The next big issue is when will they get them in stock lol so the SGL-23 is the pre riveted bb made special for cali and the SGL-21 is the "standard" variant. Just spoke to a local gun shop and they say they can order the 21 withought the bb and just install one for me before it comes into my possesion. Does anyone know of any stores online or local who have any in stock? Id prefer to not wait months for it if at all possible.

zfields
04-23-2012, 2:30 PM
Get a Saiga and convert it yourself.

Dont support an Anti-CA company.

S470FM
04-23-2012, 3:08 PM
I have an SGL 33-61 and I had my LGS remove the stupid Arsenal BB (i know, i know, it voided the warranty) and had them install a Solar Tactical BB so that if I ever go out of state with it, I can shoot to my heart's content with a standard mag release and 30 or 45 round magazine. I also added a chrome-lined muzzle brake and removed the Warsaw Pact stock for a Bulgy skeleton side folding stock, which also added about 1" to the length of pull--awesome fit now.

I'd recommend DAS in Solana Beach if you're ever in the San Diego area.

Travis590A1
04-23-2012, 6:31 PM
Get a Saiga and convert it yourself.

Dont support an Anti-CA company.

I dont have the skill for that lol plus whats if its not ready before the zombie apocolypse comes?! :facepalm:

zfields
04-23-2012, 6:44 PM
I dont have the skill for that lol plus whats if its not ready before the zombie apocolypse comes?! :facepalm:

If you can operate a screw driver, and a cordless drill, you can do it.

louscamaro91
04-23-2012, 6:47 PM
My buddy has a New SGL-21 for sale. it does have the CA legal bullet button installed from the factory.

Noranjen
04-23-2012, 7:26 PM
i just bought one from rrcfirearms, my 10 day wait is up tomorrow. Email Richard and he will get you a sgl 21 and add a bb for about 850. There customer srevice is awesome.

Travis590A1
04-24-2012, 5:11 PM
My buddy has a New SGL-21 for sale. it does have the CA legal bullet button installed from the factory.

Im assuming its the riveted bb? Im already looking into one on rifle gear I havent been to modesto in years and id like to keep it that way lol bad memorys.

Fields really is it that simple? I can operate all of those things with ease lol

zfields
04-24-2012, 5:59 PM
Im assuming its the riveted bb? Im already looking into one on rifle gear I havent been to modesto in years and id like to keep it that way lol bad memorys.

Fields really is it that simple? I can operate all of those things with ease lol

To do the trigger group, buttstock, and grip replacement yes. There is quite a few Saiga rail replacements that do not require doing a full front end conversion.

Atlantic offers a saiga with a factory converted front end, so you can just do the rear yourself and be set to use any standard akm handguard.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2