PDA

View Full Version : Custom gloves for quick mag release!

connorr93
04-22-2012, 8:28 AM
I am in the process of creating a pair of custom gloves to aid in the speed and ease of reloads with the use of a BB. Basically I have cut out the valve (presta valve) of one of bike tubes and after modifying it a little superglued it to the "tip" (pointer finger) of one of my tactical gloves. Since it is on the tip of my finger it does not interfere with the operation of my trigger and for switching out mags all I have to do is slide my finger up a inch and basically just touch my BB and my mag drops! And best of all since it is rubber it will not scratch the gun. Its still in development but so far it works AMAZING and I am very very impressed with it! Pictures and video coming soon stay tuned!

Mossy Man
04-22-2012, 8:31 AM
work arounds of a work around...

people react negatively towards this concept

chead
04-22-2012, 8:43 AM
work arounds of a work around...

people react negatively towards this concept

Do they react the same way to the $0.99 plastic bullet button "rings"?

Mossy Man
04-22-2012, 8:45 AM
no idea i just hear people come up with work arounds to work arounds and they get flamed generally

i don't have any BBs

connorr93
04-22-2012, 8:48 AM
no idea i just hear people come up with work arounds to work arounds and they get flamed generally

i don't have any BBs

Not trying to start a war but wait for the pictures and video of it in use and judge for yourself. And no its not like some cheezy ring. haha;)

The Virus
04-22-2012, 8:49 AM
featureless.............

jpm804
04-22-2012, 8:50 AM
Last gun show here in SF I saw someone who was selling the same thing, dont remember the name of the company but it was basically the same thing you built.

smittty
04-22-2012, 9:00 AM
I don't get this concept. Why make your mag changes dependent on you wearing special gloves?

$6 buys a pack of ultimate bullet button tools. Modify your mags such that each mag acts as a mag release tool.

Fate
04-22-2012, 9:08 AM
DUPE :dupe:

connorr93
04-22-2012, 2:12 PM
I don't get this concept. Why make your mag changes dependent on you wearing special gloves?

$6 buys a pack of ultimate bullet button tools. Modify your mags such that each mag acts as a mag release tool.

Its not like I cant get my mags out if I dont have the gloves. Its just if I happen to be wearing the gloves.

MrExel17
04-22-2012, 6:17 PM
Can't wait to see sum prototypes

AeroEngi
04-22-2012, 6:37 PM
You're putting the valve on the trigger finger? How would you shoot properly with something between your finger and the trigger?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jonzer77
04-22-2012, 6:49 PM
You're putting the valve on the trigger finger? How would you shoot properly with something between your finger and the trigger?

He should put it on the middle finger so you could give the BB the middle finger every time you use it :)

Johnnyfres
04-22-2012, 6:53 PM
Check out the last product on the page.

http://ar-magmagnet.com/product.html

Sleighter
04-22-2012, 7:01 PM
My question is always the same: why change your grip to make mag changes faster? I consider my grip a more fundamental skill than the speed of my mag changes.

NYY
04-22-2012, 7:43 PM
Last gun show here in SF I saw someone who was selling the same thing, dont remember the name of the company but it was basically the same thing you built.

yup! and i bought a pair! actually nice gloves. Will help fast mag releases too

edwardjames
04-22-2012, 8:24 PM
i like this idea, ill have to wait and see how this turns out :1eye:

connorr93
04-22-2012, 8:35 PM

If you read the first post it will answer your question. Its on the tip of the finger.

peter95
04-22-2012, 8:47 PM
buddy of mine got those finger covering plastic piece with a small plastic piece that fits inside the BB. He put a hole on his mechanics glove an inserted in there.

He says it worked great for him.

connorr93
04-22-2012, 8:53 PM
My question is always the same: why change your grip to make mag changes faster? I consider my grip a more fundamental skill than the speed of my mag changes.

You never change your grip all you have to do is pull your finger out of the trigger guard and curl it.

connorr93
04-22-2012, 8:56 PM
Check out the last product on the page.

http://ar-magmagnet.com/product.html

Those don't seem like they would work. Wouldn't that get in the way of your grip.

MrPlink
04-22-2012, 9:17 PM

well now they are dependent on certain magazines!

You cant win this way!

POLICESTATE
04-22-2012, 9:28 PM
It's simple, just find a screw or other slim bolt or other such device, super glue it to the tip of your finger.

Voila!

A tool is a tool. So long as it's not attached to the gun.

I bet you could even implant a BB tool into your finger tip, into the bone there, and you should be good to go. Although that is a bit extreme and I think the pain, the expense and the adjustments to your life you would have to make to accommodate (like picking your nose would be different) would make it much simpler to move out of California but if that's just not an option...

:rolleyes:

AeroEngi
04-22-2012, 9:30 PM
He should put it on the middle finger so you could give the BB the middle finger every time you use it :)

I love this idea but we must be thankful because the bullet button allows us to own an AR.

If you read the first post it will answer your question. Its on the tip of the finger.

Got it. Thanks!

Sleighter
04-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I always keep a mag-magnet close by, however the glove is a good idea. When at the range I use a key chain .223 bullet.

I would double check on the mag magnet. I remember reading a thread awhile back about them and the people in "the know" shot down the idea because it connects to the firearm and isn't considered a tool. Thus making your gun a felony item once it is connected. I tried to find the thread with no luck on my phone. I'll check on a pc later.

Johnnyfres
04-23-2012, 11:38 AM
I would double check on the mag magnet. I remember reading a thread awhile back about them and the people in "the know" shot down the idea because it connects to the firearm and isn't considered a tool. Thus making your gun a felony item once it is connected. I tried to find the thread with no luck on my phone. I'll check on a pc later.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=238857

I believe this is the thread you are referring to.

HK Dave
04-23-2012, 12:17 PM
I still don't understand why people need work arounds when they can just go featureless.

DesertSniper
04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
I still don't understand why people need work arounds when they can just go featureless.

probably because they want feature?

ar-bullet button glove
04-23-2012, 12:50 PM
its been done by sannipoli tactical ar-tactical bullet button gloves.www.sannipolitactical.com

ar-bullet button glove
04-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Not trying to start a war but wait for the pictures and video of it in use and judge for yourself. And no its not like some cheezy ring. haha;)

ar-tactical bullet button gloves by sannipoli tactical.look it up

ar-bullet button glove
04-23-2012, 12:57 PM
sannipoli tactical.ar-tactical bullet button gloves

HK Dave
04-23-2012, 1:06 PM
probably because they want feature?

What feature? The following is not intended towards you DesertSniper but just to people in general...

From what I can see...

#1 Flash hider: No one really needs it. It's purpose is to suppress flash in dark environments so you can maintain night vision and provide less of a flash signature so they don't see where it's coming from. Here's the thing though, if it's dark enough to need a flash hider, you probably going to be charged with murder.

#2 Pistol Grip: Yes I agree, its nice to have, but the hammerhead from exile machine works just fine... sure it's not as comfy, but i'd rather be able to change mags instantly than to fumble for a special mag release.

#3 Collapsible stock: If you're going from no body armor to body armor I get it... but I'm ok with a fixed stock, rather be able to send more lead down range and faster with a featureless.

When it comes to looks and such, I get it guys, featureless is ugly... but the idea of using a "bullet buttoned" rifle in a situation where it matters is just plain STUPID.

connorr93
04-23-2012, 1:15 PM
its been done by sannipoli tactical ar-tactical bullet button gloves.www.sannipolitactical.com

I dont get this? How does that not mess up your grip? Its like you have to shoot while holding one finger out. haha

mwc
04-23-2012, 3:15 PM

ar-tactical bullet button gloves by sannipoli tactical.look it up

sannipoli tactical.ar-tactical bullet button gloves

:confused:

DesertSniper
04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
What feature? The following is not intended towards you DesertSniper but just to people in general...

From what I can see...

#1 Flash hider: No one really needs it. It's purpose is to suppress flash in dark environments so you can maintain night vision and provide less of a flash signature so they don't see where it's coming from. Here's the thing though, if it's dark enough to need a flash hider, you probably going to be charged with murder.

#2 Pistol Grip: Yes I agree, its nice to have, but the hammerhead from exile machine works just fine... sure it's not as comfy, but i'd rather be able to change mags instantly than to fumble for a special mag release.

#3 Collapsible stock: If you're going from no body armor to body armor I get it... but I'm ok with a fixed stock, rather be able to send more lead down range and faster with a featureless.

When it comes to looks and such, I get it guys, featureless is ugly... but the idea of using a "bullet buttoned" rifle in a situation where it matters is just plain STUPID.

I completely understand and agree some what. The featureless set up looks uncomfortable to me. And plus doing that to my noveske seems cruel! Ha ha

ar-bullet button glove
04-24-2012, 1:06 PM
you should try a pair on.they do not mess with your grip and when you make a fist you can barely feel the tab.there are lots of gun stores in northern cal.that have them.

HK Dave
04-24-2012, 1:45 PM
I completely understand and agree some what. The featureless set up looks uncomfortable to me. And plus doing that to my noveske seems cruel! Ha ha

Agreed... the hammerhead is friggin UGLY... but it does the job. :)

rdsii64
04-24-2012, 1:53 PM

Some people like their features. love it or hate, it is what it is

rdsii64
04-24-2012, 2:00 PM
I think I am going to look into a pair of these gloves.

Chief2Guns
04-24-2012, 2:53 PM
When it comes to looks and such, I get it guys, featureless is ugly... but the idea of using a "bullet buttoned" rifle in a situation where it matters is just plain STUPID.[/QUOTE]

Get the mag magnet and when it "matters" you'll be ready to go or get a mini 14 if thats the case.

HK Dave
04-24-2012, 3:31 PM

Get the mag magnet and when it "matters" you'll be ready to go or get a mini 14 if thats the case.[/QUOTE]

What is a mag magnet?