PDA

View Full Version : Running with a holster or sling

TakeTheShot
04-22-2012, 12:24 AM
When picking a holster, do you go through all the possible motions that may possible dislodge your weapon? What about a sling - single point or regular?

I was just watching "Haywire" and she was running down the street with a Mini-Uzi bouncing all over the place. Okay, I know it's freakin' Hollywood and the gun is probably plastic. I was actually thinking if I had to bust out of the house with a pistol and a rifle and really had to book outta there due to an emergency or if I was in the field and I got a PO'd wild pig on my tail.

I remember seeing a video of Costa and Haley talking about people whining about how a single point hurts because it bouncing off their leg. Their response was that those whiners had their priorities wrong. The main point is weapon retention and not necessarily comfort.

Just wondering if anyone had some thoughts.

fighterpilot562
04-22-2012, 8:18 AM
For me its about gun security and try to set up the holster on your body so you got limited motion. When running with a sling on my rifles i just hold the gun instead of letting it just bounce

negolien
04-22-2012, 12:17 PM
If you're running with a rifle either take it to a 2-point or hold it. Running with a single point is not very fun unless you don't have balls and even then probably would hurt lol.

krisjon
04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Get a quick 2-to-1 point conversion IWC tri-glide. Problem solved.

negolien
04-23-2012, 4:43 PM
Yup one reason the Magpul slings are so popular too.