PDA

View Full Version : Who deleted the BoD Resignation threads?

goober
04-21-2012, 11:11 PM
From this forum. All of them.

GettoPhilosopher
04-22-2012, 3:08 AM
I'd like to know too.

fighterpilot562
04-22-2012, 8:14 AM
PM the Mods

fabguy
04-22-2012, 11:43 AM
WOW, whats going on over there?

Kestryll
04-22-2012, 11:43 AM
It wasn't me but it easily could have been, they were posted in 2A as well and cross-posting in multiple forums is against the rules and will get the duplicates deleted unless approved by the Staff and these were not.

spgripside
04-22-2012, 7:28 PM
Can you tell me why my posts, quoting the resignation letters, have been removed from this thread?

blakdawg
04-22-2012, 8:02 PM
It's traditional for messages perceived as hostile to the CRPA to disappear mysteriously.

spgripside
04-22-2012, 8:19 PM
It's traditional for messages perceived as hostile to the CRPA to disappear mysteriously.

Whose perceptions? The resignation letters in question, if they are banned from this thread, can be viewed here (http://savecrpa.org/index.php/crpa-resignation-statements). Nothing hostile, just seems pertinent to the discussion at hand.

goober
04-22-2012, 8:26 PM
It wasn't me but it easily could have been, they were posted in 2A as well and cross-posting in multiple forums is against the rules and will get the duplicates deleted unless approved by the Staff and these were not.

Seems like a somewhat selective application of policy, but that's your prerogative.
One might even make the argument that they were more appropriately housed here than in the 2A forum, if they could only be in one place.

Whatever the case, given the climate it probably would have been better to at least post a notification and reason that they were being removed, rather than simply disappearing them.

Kestryll
04-23-2012, 1:20 AM
One might even make the argument that they were more appropriately housed here than in the 2A forum, if they could only be in one place.

Actually I agree, this would be a much better fit however had I been the one to delete either I'd probably have deleted them from this forum rather than from 2A simply because here they were just single posts or at most one reply whereas the threads in 2A had several responses and discussion going on.

Deleting them from here does not remove the discussions that already existed in the 2A threads.

taperxz
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Not just the resignation threads either. The thread titled "ok CRPA what are you going to do now?" thread has also disappeared.

It was a good thread with fair dialogue. If CRPA got it removed, then I'll assume they are playing status quo politics here on CGN which enforces my reluctance to remain a member and contribute money their way. CRPA will be gone in 5 years if they don't change their ways. Just my prediction.

goober
04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Not just the resignation threads either. The thread titled "ok CRPA what are you going to do now?" thread has also disappeared.

Curious. It almost appears as if someone were intentionally altering the record...

Well, at least much (but unfortunately not all) of this info is available (and out of reach from the mods here) at savecrpa.org (http://savecrpa.org)

spgripside
04-26-2012, 12:50 AM
The latest from the CRPA website (crpa.org) in regards to savecrpa.org. Counting down for it to disappear.

CRPA’s Official Statement on the ‘save CRPA.org’ Website
Posted on April 24, 2012 by admin

The California Rifle and Pistol Association does not support, condone, endorse or have any involvement with the ‘save CRPA.org’ website. The website was started by former CRPA board members who do not represent CRPA or the Board of Directors and are not supported by CRPA or the Board of Directors.

Any CRPA member and/or California gun owner is encouraged to communicate with and provide feedback to the CRPA, via our official website at www.CRPA.org. We would also be more than happy to answer any questions and provide you with resources and any information you may require by e-mailing us at contact@crpa.org.

Thank you.

Tony Montanarella
CRPA President

67Roadster
04-27-2012, 5:04 PM
I removed CRPA from my car that is. After all the resignations I took the CRPA sticker off the back window of my car. I need to get a calguns sticker to replace it.