PDA

View Full Version : stag bcg or....

kalikid
04-21-2012, 7:57 PM
Over the past couple months I've been putting together a stag AR piece by piece as I've had the money. The last part I need to make it function is the bolt carrier group. Was planning on getting a stag/cmt bcg, but was wondering if there was any good reason to go with something else? I thought about bcm, but just because I want to get one of their charging handles. Should I just stick with the stag/cmt since the rest of the rifle is stag? Rifle will just be used for plinking, and anoying liberals.

63 tango
04-21-2012, 8:32 PM
I had a stag arms rifle with a stag bolt and carrier worked great. Stag does make a full auto bolt carrier and bolt that is worth considering. Id go for the F/A bolt carrier.

17+1
04-21-2012, 9:39 PM
Stag BCG in my rifle length has the blue extractor insert. Not sure if they're still using it as of current manufacture, but my other rifles bought in same time frame have the black type.

Haven't had issues with either type and don't personally have a preference, but something to think about if you follow that 'chart' of build specs that's floating around. ;)

CHS
04-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Quality between the Stag and BCM is going to be the same.

The difference is that EVERY BCM bolt is MPI and HP tested while Stag does batch testing (they use small batches, MUCH smaller than say DPMS, but batch nonetheless).

Basically, toss a coin. If you want the assurance that MPI and HP give you, get the BCM. If you want to save a few bucks but know that you're still getting the same quality, get the Stag.

kalikid
04-22-2012, 8:52 AM
Thanks for the imput guys, I appriciate it. I guess I'll just stick with the stag. Now I just have to find one in stock!

reznunt
04-22-2012, 1:52 PM
Stag does have hp/mp tested and marked bolts

ExtremeX
04-22-2012, 3:11 PM
Stag does have hp/mp tested and marked bolts

They do, but its an option you have to pay for...

peter95
04-22-2012, 3:34 PM
You said its just for plinking, stag bcg will work just fine.

I've shot over 5,000 rounds on a stag basic bcg and never failed to fire.