PDA

View Full Version : Who for president in 2008?

Bizcuits
04-26-2007, 4:00 PM
I'm curious at what president people are considering for president so far?

Technical Ted
04-26-2007, 4:04 PM
As far as I know, the current president can't run and for various reasons I won't vote for any of the previous presidents to take over the office.

I'm still waiting for the crop of presidential candidates to settle down and sort themselves out.

Can'thavenuthingood
04-26-2007, 4:07 PM
Fred Thompson if he runs.

Otherwise I may vote for hillary. I'd just as soon the revolution started while I'm still able to partake of the excitement:D

Vick

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2007, 4:19 PM
HoffmanG

chris
04-26-2007, 4:33 PM
Fred Thompson if he runs. i just hope billery does not get elected then we will have 20+ yrs. of bush and clinton. yuck.

maurice05
04-26-2007, 4:33 PM
well im black and sad to say im not voting for the black guy after hearing what he said on the steve harvey radio show last week in regards to what happened in virginia,saying more gun laws may have stopped what happened and automatic weapons needs to be taken away from our inner cities,now being that ihave grown up in south central los angeles now with all the things i have seen automati weapons werent one of the problems here.before he considers increasing more gun laws which the criminal always follow(please) solve the drug problem and most other crimes ould automatically lower.. i see more gun control with obama its sad i would love to see a black president i just dont think it should be him..

SemiAutoSam
04-26-2007, 4:38 PM
I would vote for Ron Paul.

Or Buchanan if he would run.

IMHO these 2 would be the 2 best presidents and be very good for the American Citizens that they would be working for.

Solidmch
04-26-2007, 4:46 PM
Fred Thompson if he runs. i just hope billery does not get elected then we will have 20+ yrs. of bush and clinton. yuck.

+1 for Fred Thompson

Josh3239
04-26-2007, 4:51 PM
Ya, I thought I heard Obama wants to illegalize all semi-automatic firearms (no not rifles, firearms).

FMJBT
04-26-2007, 9:45 PM
What magic hoop do we have to jump through to get Ron Paul and Fred Thompson to run on the same ticket as Pres/VP? If those two teamed up, they could potentially have one of the best administrations ever. So to answer the question, either Fred or Ron. If neither of them makes through the primaries, Hillary will probably get my vote. I'd rather go through the ensuing crap storm while I'm still young enough to belly crawl and do that cool "jumping through the air while firing a pistol in each hand" thing.

Mike

Steyr_223
04-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Progun, smart, experiece in foreign relations,fiscally responsible, executive experience, would be first Hispanic president..

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1815648/posts

While most of the Democratic presidential aspirants are awful on the Second Amendment, the notable exception is New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson. As a U.S. representative and as governor, he compiled an impeccable record. Unlike Governor Romney, Governor Richardson took a leading role in promoting pro-rights reforms. The most significant of Richardson’s successes was “shall issue” concealed-carry licensing, so that adults who pass a background check and a safety class can obtain a permit to carry a handgun for lawful protection. His record contrasts with that of former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson, who signed a good bill which prohibited local gun bans, but who opposed “shall issue” and prevented it from becoming law in Wisconsin.

A blemish on Richardson’s gun rights record is his service as Bill Clinton’s Ambassador to the United Nations, when he failed to mount a strong opposition to the development of the international gun-control agenda — although it is doubtful that Richardson had any choice in the matter, given the Clinton administration’s fervent stance on the matter.

If the Republicans nominated Giuliani and the Democrats Richardson, the NRA would be crazy not to support Richardson with everything in its political arsenal. More generally, as the New York Sun reported on April 5, “the thinking within the organization is that it would eagerly endorse a consistently pro-gun Democrat over a Republican who has been inconsistent in protecting Second Amendment rights.” Republican realists who want to win in 2008 would do well to start looking for candidates whose records demonstrate that they understand and will reliably defend the right to arms

http://www.guntotingliberal.com/2005/08/nm-governor-bill-richardson-d.html

http://www.ontheissues.org/Bill_Richardson.htm

Tweak338
04-26-2007, 11:14 PM
is the Nudge running?
meh, we couldn't be that lucky..

Charliegone
04-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Progun, smart, experiece in foreign relations,fiscally responsible, executive experience, would be first Hispanic president..

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1815648/posts

While most of the Democratic presidential aspirants are awful on the Second Amendment, the notable exception is New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson. As a U.S. representative and as governor, he compiled an impeccable record. Unlike Governor Romney, Governor Richardson took a leading role in promoting pro-rights reforms. The most significant of Richardson’s successes was “shall issue” concealed-carry licensing, so that adults who pass a background check and a safety class can obtain a permit to carry a handgun for lawful protection. His record contrasts with that of former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson, who signed a good bill which prohibited local gun bans, but who opposed “shall issue” and prevented it from becoming law in Wisconsin.

A blemish on Richardson’s gun rights record is his service as Bill Clinton’s Ambassador to the United Nations, when he failed to mount a strong opposition to the development of the international gun-control agenda — although it is doubtful that Richardson had any choice in the matter, given the Clinton administration’s fervent stance on the matter.

If the Republicans nominated Giuliani and the Democrats Richardson, the NRA would be crazy not to support Richardson with everything in its political arsenal. More generally, as the New York Sun reported on April 5, “the thinking within the organization is that it would eagerly endorse a consistently pro-gun Democrat over a Republican who has been inconsistent in protecting Second Amendment rights.” Republican realists who want to win in 2008 would do well to start looking for candidates whose records demonstrate that they understand and will reliably defend the right to arms

http://www.guntotingliberal.com/2005/08/nm-governor-bill-richardson-d.html

http://www.ontheissues.org/Bill_Richardson.htm

I know Paul won't have a chance, mainly because of his views (unfortunately), though I would love to see him as president. Either him or Richardson are good.

stag1500
04-27-2007, 8:41 AM
Ron Paul is my first choise. Fred Thompson is also really good.

But let's face it, here in California it's not going to matter who we vote for. The Democrats will always carry this state.

caduckgunner
04-27-2007, 9:26 AM
Tom Tancredo

http://www.teamtancredo.com/

Super_tactical
04-27-2007, 1:24 PM
Don't vote for Mit Romley!!!
He voted for the 1st AWB. booo

10TH AMENDMENT
04-27-2007, 2:32 PM
I think if Fred Thompson actually runs, he will win the Republican nomination.

I also think he would give Hillary the hippoass whipping that she deserves in the general election. (And make no mistake, unless Gore enters in the Dem primary, she will win the nomination.)

OTOH, if Giuliani wins the Republican nomination, she is going to make him her whipping boy b***h.

This is because, as noxious as the thought may be for some, no Republican can ever win the White House without Catholics and the Evangelical right. (Just like no Democrat will ever win the White House without the black vote, ever!) This demographic will by and large sit on their hands in the next election if the RNC anoints Rudy as their standard bearer.

SemiAutoSam
04-27-2007, 8:50 PM
Check this POOP out.

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Mark_in_Pasadena
04-27-2007, 9:15 PM
You know I really love you guys, but actually thinking that our votes count is pretty funny.

To quote Stalin "I don't care who votes, only who counts the votes"

Sorry for be cynical, I've just lost alot of faith after the last few elections...:(

stag1500
04-27-2007, 9:52 PM
You got that right.

DedEye
04-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Bill Richardson.

LAK Supply
04-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Check this POOP out.

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

You're mis-representing that site a bit with the poop thing aren't you? I think complete and total **** is more appropriate.....

Have you read the blog comments there? All I can say is....... Well, I guess their comments speak for themsleves.

ts
04-28-2007, 3:23 AM
Hilliary. If she gets into office she will not get a damn thing done, we will have nothing to worry about.:cool:

Delta V
04-28-2007, 7:51 AM
I wasn't sure until today. Thanks to the insight and direction provided by our California Treasurer, Bill Lockyer:

" ... our state's great ally for more than a decade. Nobody understands Californians, the California Dream, and the vital importance of California to our nation's success better than Hillary Clinton. And Hillary Clinton is -- far and away -- the only candidate who is ready to lead the country now, without any on-the-job training."

It can't be any clearer than that.

SemiAutoSam
04-28-2007, 8:01 AM
I said POOP because I cant say **** on this site and have it show and I'm trying not to bypass the word filters.

You're misrepresenting that site a bit with the poop thing aren't you? I think complete and total **** is more appropriate.....

Have you read the blog comments there? All I can say is....... Well, I guess their comments speak for themsleves.

shark92651
04-28-2007, 8:52 AM
Why do you say that? The Dems have the majority in congress right now.

Hilliary. If she gets into office she will not get a damn thing done, we will have nothing to worry about.:cool:

ZapThyCat
04-28-2007, 2:42 PM
Doesn't matter who you vote for, the elections are rigged and Hillary will win.

She will continue in the tradition of Bush, Clinton, Bush and will peel back even more rights, and likely take our guns away completely. Then we start getting herded into camps.

And I'm not kidding. :(

E Pluribus Unum
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Doesn't matter who you vote for, the elections are rigged and Hillary will win.

She will continue in the tradition of Bush, Clinton, Bush and will peel back even more rights, and likely take our guns away completely. Then we start getting herded into camps.

And I'm not kidding. :(

Not gonna happen.... In Texas the Appellate courts have ruled that everyone has a second amendment right... so in those states, a federal law banning all firearms would be unconstitutional and unenforceable.

You better believe if they ban all guns this site will be registered under a new name:

TexGuns.net... :)

Slick
04-29-2007, 4:56 PM
I would vote for Ron Paul.

+1 on Ron Paul!

Thanatos
04-29-2007, 7:25 PM
FINALLY something we can definitely all agree on...

OUR NEW PRESIDENT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8-0nmEbMV8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex% 2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendid %3D396891%26MyToken%3D015694ed%2D848b%2D4edb%2Dbb5 6%2Db)