PDA

View Full Version : Picking Up Ruger 10/22 TD

Dirtbikindad393
04-21-2012, 2:22 PM
This is my first rifle and first purchase from a big chain store. So my questions is about the lock needed when I pick it up. What type of lock do I need? Trigger lock or cable lock. I would like to not have to pay Turners the money at the last minute if I don't have to. I would rather be ready when I walk in the door to walk out with my gun without having to spend anything else. Sorry this is probably a rookie question but I am a rifle rookie. :43:

jimster716
04-21-2012, 2:38 PM
It comes with a lock. You're GTG.

billped
04-21-2012, 2:49 PM
If you remember to tell them about your safe (including make and model) you won't need a lock. A lock is a requirement only for handguns.

If you don't have a safe, consider getting one. An inexpensive safe can be had for $200 or so and helps to keep them from being banged up as may happen when using the typical "back of closet" storage method. $200 won't keep out determined thieves, but $1000 won't either.

Dirtbikindad393
04-21-2012, 3:31 PM
I do have a safe so that isn't a problem. I am glad that it comes with a lock so Tuesday after 11:16 I will be at Turners picking up my 10/22 TD! Can't wait.

Fractured
04-21-2012, 3:48 PM
congrats! I pick up my 10/22 on 4/30 :83:

Excaliburr
04-21-2012, 4:24 PM
It does come with a lock, but you are glad??? This is what it has come to in Kalifornia, I suppose. We should buy the rifle, insert the metal lock device in the bolt, install the lock, put it in our safe out of sight. I have a neighbor that fears just the sight of a gun. This is nuts folks. I am not that old, however in the past people used to drive around with a rifle hanging in their rear window of their Chevy. You could even see people packing while you were walking the street..and nobody was afraid of those guns. I am afraid of these people who are pushing all of us to be concerned whether we have a trigger lock, a safe in the house or a lock drawn through are gun making it inoperable. I am reminded of the recent movie True Grit, when Jeff Bridges (Cogburn) was asked whether he carried his gun loaded and cocked and he quipped "Does no good if it is not!" or something to that effect. Seems to me, the state of Kalifornia just had 10 days to decide if you were a legal gun owner and not a crazy lunatic, so that being said, the gun should just be handed over to you with a smile and somebody saying "What ammo can I sell you today?"

Dirtbikindad393
04-21-2012, 9:33 PM
It does come with a lock, but you are glad??? This is what it has come to in Kalifornia, I suppose. We should buy the rifle, insert the metal lock device in the bolt, install the lock, put it in our safe out of sight. I have a neighbor that fears just the sight of a gun. This is nuts folks. I am not that old, however in the past people used to drive around with a rifle hanging in their rear window of their Chevy. You could even see people packing while you were walking the street..and nobody was afraid of those guns. I am afraid of these people who are pushing all of us to be concerned whether we have a trigger lock, a safe in the house or a lock drawn through are gun making it inoperable. I am reminded of the recent movie True Grit, when Jeff Bridges (Cogburn) was asked whether he carried his gun loaded and cocked and he quipped "Does no good if it is not!" or something to that effect. Seems to me, the state of Kalifornia just had 10 days to decide if you were a legal gun owner and not a crazy lunatic, so that being said, the gun should just be handed over to you with a smile and somebody saying "What ammo can I sell you today?"

Yeah I am glad it comes with a lock, I do not want to have to pay anymore to walk out the door with my rifle. Whether you like it or not we live in this state and have to abide by the stupid laws that they have. Write all your representitives in the state and let them know how much you do not like the silly laws in this state. While I can't stand what we have to go thru we have to go thru it to own guns and I will keep buying until I think I have enough.