PDA

View Full Version : Turners Pasadena/Sig SP2022 Issue

deltax
04-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Went in today to pick up my SP2022 from Turners Pasadena. This was my first handgun purchase and Turners is really close to where I live so naturally I chose them. Anyways, I expected a long wait time being as it was the weekend however for some reason 5-6 of the people before me must have left because my number was called in less than 10 minutes(I waited longer on the Wednesday morning I purchased the gun haha). Walked out of the store in less than 20 minutes.

I was helped by Mario or Marion(something to that nature). He told me that my gun as well as all the other SP2022's had to be sent back because Sig sent them non California compliant models. He said that they expect them in within 2 weeks but are asking Sig to overnight the already purchased guns so that customers like myself can get our gun quicker.

According to Marion/Mario, Sig has done this in the past as well, which sort of makes me second think purchasing from a brand who is that careless with their product. Anyways, he was very nice about it and offered me the option of a refund, purchase another gun, or to wait with some ammo thrown in as a nice gesture. I opted to wait however am still considering getting a refund, not because I am dissatisfied with Turner's service, but more so because I don't want to support a brand that is so careless with their product as I mentioned earlier(Sig). I probably would have bought the M&P 9 in the place of the SP2022 however according to Marion/Mario those are even harder to find. If there is one thing that I could knock Turners for, it would be for no one calling to inform me of the situation. I didn't blow my top or anything(as they say, good things come to those who wait), however I can imagine that others in my same situation who come and have to wait a long time just might, which isn't good for business. Mario/Marion said that someone should have called me however to me it seems like he was just passing on the blame, that "someone" could have been him after all. Anyways, he told me that someone will for sure call me when my order comes in, which I'm not so inclined to believe given that no one called me previously. I think me calling them periodically to check up is probably the best bet here. Hopefully I will hear back sooner rather than later. Will update.

TL-DR Cliff-notes::
Bought SP2022
Was told by Turners on pickup day that they received the wrong models
In store wait time was surprisingly short
Likely a 2 week wait for the gun to come in
Was not informed of the situation by phone
Satisfied with Turners service for the most part
May opt for a refund because I don't want to support Sig due to their repeated shipping error
Somewhat disappointing situation overall

Nick_W
04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
If you check this thread here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=561486
you'll see a little bit more information about the sp 2022 problem. And as others including myself have noted our biggest complaint also was that no one from turners called to tell us. Fortunately for me a fellow calgunner posted here about the problem so I didn't have to make the trip down there to be told my gun wasn't there. Hopefully Sig owns up and overnights us our guns.

deltax
04-26-2012, 7:03 PM
Bored so I figured I'd drop an update on the situation lol. Called Sig this past Tuesday to ask if they were planning to ship the guns overnight. They said they weren't sure. Thinking that they might not want to tell me because I am not a dealer, I drove down to Turner's to ask/possibly pick up my gun. Manager at Turner's said the guns still haven't arrived and confirmed what Sig told me over the phone earlier. Given that Sig didn't give a definitive answer on overnight shipping in almost an entire week I assume that they won't be doing it. Way to win a new customer over Sig!

Turner's again offered me a refund, buy another gun, or wait. I, having decided to not support Sig because of the whole debacle asked to buy a different gun, namely the M&P9(my alternative choice). I was told they would not be getting any for likely at least 2 months. In light of this I asked for a refund and they obliged. They were very nice throughout the whole process and I got my refund no problem(should be in the mail as we speak). They even showed me a few alternative guns in my price range(Glock and XD) however I've shot both and didn't like either. I have recently shot the M&P and liked it a lot, the grip just felt really natural.

Anyways, went home and called a few stores in the LA area and they were all back-ordered on the M&P. One shop even said they ordered a bunch in January and still haven't received them(crazy). On a whim I called a shop in Orange County(can't remember the name at the moment) and they told me they had one in stock! Purchased it on the spot and couldn't be happier. Sorry Turner's. I would have preferred to buy from you guys because I did receive relatively good service overall and your location is much closer to where I live. But sometimes things don't work out the way they should.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 7:55 AM
Bored so I figured I'd drop an update on the situation lol. Called Sig this past Tuesday to ask if they were planning to ship the guns overnight. They said they weren't sure. Thinking that they might not want to tell me because I am not a dealer, I drove down to Turner's to ask/possibly pick up my gun. Manager at Turner's said the guns still haven't arrived and confirmed what Sig told me over the phone earlier. Given that Sig didn't give a definitive answer on overnight shipping in almost an entire week I assume that they won't be doing it. Way to win a new customer over Sig!

...Sorry Turner's. I would have preferred to buy from you guys because I did receive relatively good service overall and your location is much closer to where I live. But sometimes things don't work out the way they should.

We can appreciate that; ironically, Sig just notified us that they just shipped 100+ pistols out today- looks like 2nd Day Freight so we should have them Monday or Tuesday.

deltax
05-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Well another update on the situation. I was called today by the store I purchased/DROS'ed my M&P from and they said the DOJ called to inform them that I had already DROS'ed a gun within the last 30 days so I would have to wait....I'm a little disappointed considering that I was only 2 days away from pickup too :/

I explained that I had canceled my DROS with Turner's earlier that week however for whatever reason the DROS wasn't canceled. I guess the manager at Turner's didn't bother to cancel my DROS on the SP2022. However when I spoke with him, said manager(at Turner's) assured me that he would cancel the DROS and that I would in fact be able to purchase another gun without the 30 day wait.

The wait isn't necessarily that big of a deal but rather it is the fact that I was told one thing but it wasn't followed through with; this is sort of along the same lines as Turner's not calling to inform me that my SP2022 would not be ready for pickup on pickup day. Come on now Turner's.......I'm starting to lose faith in you lol.

emmzel
05-04-2012, 12:02 AM
They should have given you a form saying that the dros has been canceled. I have cancelled guns in the past, and the shop always gives me a document saying that Dros #### is cancelled.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-04-2012, 6:45 AM
Well another update on the situation...

PM sent.

deltax
05-04-2012, 7:43 PM
They should have given you a form saying that the dros has been canceled. I have cancelled guns in the past, and the shop always gives me a document saying that Dros #### is cancelled.

Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of that. All I received was a copy of a check request for my refund. I guess now if I ever have to cancel another DROS I will know what to do :)

deltax
05-26-2012, 5:30 PM
PM sent.

So........Turners pm'ed me 3 weeks ago saying that I would be contacted by the director of sales concerning the issue with my DROS. Pm'ed them back with my number but never got the call. Also got no additional communication from Turners on this forum. In light of this and everything else that has happened with Turners I will no longer shop there. I believe that I was more than patient with Turners however this is a little too much. Constantly trying to save face both in store and on this forum, and not following through with anything they say. Good thing Bain and Davis is also really close to where I live(why couldn't I have found out about them eariler!!).

And Turners, please don't have your director of sales try to contact me after you read this(if you ever read it). I'm done, that's it.