PDA

View Full Version : 1 lb of Black Powder???

tlillard23
04-26-2007, 3:11 PM
What are the laws for "storage" of Black Powder in CA? Specifically San Jose in Santa Clara county.
1 lb is is a crazy small amount. that's about 10 shots with a good size Cannon......

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2007, 3:13 PM
What are the laws for "storage" of Black Powder in CA? Specifically San Jose in Santa Clara county.
1 lb is is a crazy small amount. that's about 10 shots with a good size Cannon......

Buddy of mine said 1 lb of FFFF in Kern County..... 1 pound is a lot... just a dab will do ya... ;)

Hunter
04-26-2007, 3:21 PM
I believe it is 1 lb per residential building/shed and no more than 5 lbs total on the property. Also the buildings with 1 lb must be separated by 50 ft or more. The exact code is in the Santa Clara County Health and Safety section if you want to do the search for it. Also it can be found under the National Uniform Fire Code, which is where it all originates from.

Sydwaiz
04-26-2007, 3:23 PM

That must be a little cannon. Try four shots. Or one if we are feeling ballsy!

Each area is different. Your best bet would be to call your local fire department and ask them.

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2007, 4:10 PM
That must be a little cannon. Try four shots. Or one if we are feeling ballsy!

Each area is different. Your best bet would be to call your local fire department and ask them.

Next time a burglar breaks into your house and you use your CANNON to defend yourself.... make sure no houses are down range....

CSACANNONEER
04-27-2007, 6:56 AM
1lb = 1 shot from a 3" cannon (live fire) or 2-3 shots if shooting blanks.

Zin_dawg
04-27-2007, 9:09 AM
Since the CA Health and Safety code has an exemption for :

(b) Black sporting powder is intended for loading of small arms or small arms ammunition of .75 caliber or less.

What _do_ you do with black powder for cannons?

=Marcel

singleshotman
04-27-2007, 9:58 AM
i'd say the people don't know about the law or feel it's not enfored, i've never heard of anyone arristed for having too much black powder(except of course for the case of the guy who had 75# pounds of it, but that's another story).I used to belong to cannon club in Northern CA, twice a year we'd go up to simptson rifle range up in Aradia and shoot 12pd's, 3" parrot rifles,mortars, and none of us were ever arristed, i don't think the state even cares about black powder as long as you aren't a terrorist and blow something up.

PanzerAce
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Next time a burglar breaks into your house and you use your CANNON to defend yourself.... make sure no houses are down range....

grape shot ftw

socalguns
04-28-2007, 12:32 AM
or have a fire on your property, or its discovered , or they're tipped off by your ex ...

tlillard23
04-28-2007, 12:17 PM
You must know her... :mad:

or have a fire on your property, or its discovered , or they're tipped off by your ex ...