PDA

View Full Version : After a few years, going to head to the range to shoot my AR15. Quick question.

williamkwong
04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Hey everyone. I havent done any real shooting in a few years and am suddenly given the time. I have a CA legal AR15. I am using the Bullet Button. When I shot with it a few years ago, I was keeping the magazine in at all times. I loaded it by pulling the pin and pivoting the butt stock. I was ok with doing this since I am sitting at a bench and am in no rush. But it is a little annoying and dangerous if there was ever a jam.

I read some threads and there seem to be products that allows you to easily use a product (tool) to remove the magazine. Is it ok to remove the magazine now? Has interpretation of the laws changed?

I want to head to Chabot this Sunday and shoot my AR15. I just want to make sure I am current with everything. BTW, does anyone know of a local shop that stock 10rd mags? I want to replace my 10/20.

Thanks for any insight.

Librarian
04-21-2012, 12:27 AM
With a bullet button or other magazine lock, YES, you may drop your mags.

Stick with 10-rounders in that configuration.

jhoveln
04-21-2012, 5:51 AM
Any good gun shop will have the mags in stock. They even make the mags with a bullet button built onto it.

the86d
04-21-2012, 6:03 AM
Any good gun shop will have the mags in stock. They even make the mags with a bullet button built onto it.
^The tool portion, not the bullet-button itself...^

baih777
04-21-2012, 6:22 AM
use one of your bullets to release the mag for now.
even a pen might work
i use these mags just so that the Range people dont bother me.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/388400/ar-stoner-magazine-ar-15-223-remington-10-round-with-anti-tilt-follower-stainless-steel-black