View Full Version : AK Tech-Sights........

04-20-2012, 2:15 PM
Does anybody have the Tech-Sights on their AK and if so do you like or dislike them. I'm thinking about getting them but would like a second opinion prior to spending $125.

Quickdraw Mcgraw
04-20-2012, 2:34 PM
I don't have em, but saw a good youtube video on em. youtube 1moa ak.

Mail Clerk
04-20-2012, 2:57 PM
I don't have those on my AK's but if you did it would only add to your aiming flexibility on the range.

Mail Clerk:-)

04-20-2012, 3:20 PM
I recently bought them and installed the 200s version on a Polish underfolder. The fit and finish was pretty good, I only had to do a small amount of filing to get it to fit. There is very little play in the sights. There is a set screw that you can use to pin the rear sight but I can't access that screw on my AK without doing some filing. I'm not going to do it because I don't think it will make any difference and will only add another tool and step in the field strip process. My only real complaint is the huge bulge in the dust cover where the safety stops. There is no need for it to be that large, it could probably cut you if your hand hits it when pulling action open. I will probably sand it down later. Oh and another thing, on my AK when I removed the rear sight, as I'm looking through my new sights, the part of the old sight structure was obstructing my view slightly. It bothered me so I sanded it down and now it's good. I will try to post some pictures because I'm sure you don't know what I'm talking about.

04-20-2012, 5:53 PM
Here's mine... though I've not yet had a chance to test them yet... soon though! Quality is great and I ordered on a saturday night, had them before I got home from work on Monday with regular shipping... http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j362/SURVIVOR619/DSCN0103.jpg

04-20-2012, 6:31 PM
if you cut your teeth on ring sights and shot nothing but them for YEARS and cant get used to anything else, then go for it!

The major improvement these offer IMO is the increased sight radius, the increase in precision at the loss of speed (for me anyways, depends on the user) is counter intuitive to the AK the design IMO.

I would sooner put the cash towards a reflex optic setup

04-20-2012, 6:51 PM
How is that installed? Straight to the receiver or rear trunnion or something?

04-28-2012, 1:27 PM
my problem with the AK is my 53 year old eyes can't get low enough on the stock to line up the stock AK sights. I'm hoping the Tech-sights height on the rear is higher to the point where I can line up with the front post.

04-28-2012, 6:35 PM
Hairtumor, brother, they are great! I too don't have the best vision.. These solved my problems. Didn't have to mod anything.. They fit perfect, I shot, came home cleaned... Went back to range and had no return to zero issues... Get em!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk