PDA

View Full Version : Ulitimate bullet button/ranger plates

Sturnovik
04-20-2012, 12:44 PM
I just got my shipment of the ultimate bullet button magpul (magazine assist hooks, the non ranger plate ones). I haven't tried them out yet. Are you guys liking them? Are ranger plates (especially ones with the bullet button on them quicker/easier)?

And do you guys have any recommendations on how to use the ranger plates and older magpul quick reload systems quickly with a mag carrier?

tomd1584
04-20-2012, 2:46 PM
before I went featureless I used the setup you're describing. If you're left handed, its really easy- from a belt, rounds pointing forward using finger grasp positions it very easy.

Can't comment as a right hander, sorry.

Sturnovik
04-20-2012, 3:21 PM
Yea, it's ways easier than any other method I've tried. I'm loving the system thus far. And yea I realize it must be alot easier for left handers.

NYY
04-20-2012, 3:48 PM
i bought some gloves at the gun show last weekend at the cow palace that had a pin that was velcro'd to your middle finger. works fine AND i need new gloves anyways

ZombieTactics
04-20-2012, 4:10 PM
But wait ... it gets better!

djBb2Ca28nY

RMikeL
04-20-2012, 5:47 PM
Thordsen is a genius.

sl4ck3r
04-20-2012, 5:47 PM
i have 4 of the 10/20 round ones with the ranger plate UBBT. I think they're great. The only that i don't like is the extra height that the range plate adds

sl4ck3r
04-20-2012, 5:59 PM

djBb2Ca28nY

heeey you're the dude that introduced me to them :)

tomd1584
04-20-2012, 6:28 PM

djBb2Ca28nY

I love the ingenuity, but for $90 plus gunsmithing fees, you can go featureless and still have money left over.

Sturnovik
04-20-2012, 6:28 PM
Yea so I watched his videos on his site. Figured out some new ways. I do like this more than the gpic or using a bullet/pen with me.

Thordo
04-20-2012, 8:06 PM
Thanks for the Kudos guys!!

Thordo

Curley Red
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Just make sure that you always have your gloves with you. I prefer the UBBT since it is already attached to my magazines and I do not have to worry about leaving it at home. And being left handed, no worries about having to modify my rifle with that add on. Plus I really don't like wearing gloves when I am shooting, but that is just me.

tonyxcom
04-25-2012, 1:33 PM
And for those of us that run Raddlocks, if the "S were really HTF" I could easily adjust my Raddlock. In a life or death situation bullet button compliance is the least of your worries.

If you really are practicing clearing drills in a bullet button configuration.. then LOL. :laugh:

The UBBT installed in your magazine or ranger plate is a great setup. Especially for left handers.

artoaster
04-25-2012, 2:42 PM
Really! If I were running and gunning in a 3 gun match I guess I would rig up a glove that exposed half of my trigger finger for sensitivity and the middle finger of the glove would have bullet button tool built into tip of glove.

Then in any SHTF situation or HD the Raddlock would be in a position to afford regular magazine release because the larger issue of course is surviving whatever threat there is and not simply a technicality that exists only in the state of California and not in other areas of USA.

And, a good lawyer!

ar-bullet button glove
04-25-2012, 2:57 PM
i would like to say that i'am truly sorry for my post here . it was ment as a little ribbing to alen and i ment him no disresect .sorry alen i hope you will for give me.

Cucv
04-25-2012, 8:38 PM
I saw them at metal dog tactical today interesting stuff.

Casual_Shooter
04-26-2012, 6:58 AM
Somewhat related to this topic, I bought a couple packs of PMAG Ranger Plates with the UBBT installed. I have PMAGS with Ranger Plates already installed and figured I'd remove them and slide the new UBBT ones on. They came in yesterday and I went to install them last night.

I forgot my current PMAGS have the Ranger Plates glued or pinned. :facepalm:

In my case, buying just the UBBT's would have been the better choice.

Casual_Shooter
04-26-2012, 6:58 AM
Somewhat related to this topic, I bought a couple packs of PMAG Ranger Plates with the UBBT installed. I have PMAGS with Ranger Plates already installed and figured I'd remove them and slide the new UBBT ones on. They came in yesterday and I went to install them last night.

EvolutionGSR
04-26-2012, 7:09 AM
As far as right handers and using a ubbt setup, Ive just learned to mag change with my right hand and hold the rifle with the left hand on the handguard. I know this isnt standard practice, but a bullet button isnt standard practice either.

Sturnovik
04-26-2012, 8:34 AM

Yea I figured the same. I'm buying a couple more tonight. I like the system, its not perfect, I wish we could have just a regular release but this is decent. I cant stand the ring or gloves, it always got in the way for me, but I'm sure they work well for others.

As far as right handers and using a ubbt setup, Ive just learned to mag change with my right hand and hold the rifle with the left hand on the handguard. I know this isnt standard practice, but a bullet button isnt standard practice either.

True. This to me, is the only good way to use it. I hate that I have to take my eyes off target and off the pistol grip, but in the end, its still easier for me than other systems.

Thordo
04-26-2012, 6:03 PM
QUOTE=Casual_Shooter;8472117]Sommewhat related to this topic, I bought a couple packs of PMAG Ranger Plates with the UBBT installed. I have PMAGS with Ranger Plates already installed and figured I'd remove them and slide the new UBBT ones on. They came in yesterday and I went to install them last night.

In my case, buying just the UBBT's would have been the better choice.[/QUOTE]

Hi Casual_Shooter,
We will exchange or you can return those rangers if you'd like, or order a B kit and note that you'd like them for your glued pmag rangers. I'll build a custom kit for you no problem. You can always pick up some rebuild kits to use the other rangers on. Just make sure to block them!!

Thordo

Thordo
04-26-2012, 6:11 PM
Check our website guys. We have a solution to your right handed woes. Our nre UBMR system is designed with right handers in mind and can be easily converted for out of state for a post AWB Cali. (wishful thinking??)

http://ubbt.net/

Thordo

Sturnovik
04-26-2012, 6:14 PM
QUOTE=Casual_Shooter;8472117]Sommewhat related to this topic, I bought a couple packs of PMAG Ranger Plates with the UBBT installed. I have PMAGS with Ranger Plates already installed and figured I'd remove them and slide the new UBBT ones on. They came in yesterday and I went to install them last night.

Hi Casual_Shooter,
We will exchange or you can return those rangers if you'd like, or order a B kit and note that you'd like them for your glued pmag rangers. I'll build a custom kit for you no problem. You can always pick up some rebuild kits to use the other rangers on. Just make sure to block them!!

Thordo[/QUOTE]

Good service man!

Check our website guys. We have a solution to your right handed woes. Our nre UBMR system is designed with right handers in mind and can be easily converted for out of state for a post AWB Cali. (wishful thinking??)

http://ubbt.net/

Thordo

Good to know. So are D&H up to ASC and Colt quality? I will probably order it in the next few days from you guys.

HonkingAntelope
04-26-2012, 7:42 PM
Wow, and I thought featureless was bad...

Casual_Shooter
04-27-2012, 7:03 AM
Hi Casual_Shooter,

Thordo

Thanks Thordo. I do plan on buying more PMAGS for those UBBT Ranger Plates so will keep them for sure.

I'll order the B Kit and make the note you suggest. Thank you very much.

Gray Ops 1*
04-27-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm a big fan of the UBBT! I prefer the original Mag-Pul rubber slip on for mag protection and use of my UBBT, this way you have a choice which way you'd like your UBBT to face. I like mine facing the opposite direction of the bullets so I can still index my mags as I'm a left handed loader (reach around method).

I just had a UBMR installed on my rifle, I've only been practicing with the new left side mag release and find in very reliable. Great problem solver! I like it. Can't wait to use it in training...More to come.