PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Colt A2 AR15

sqwerl
04-19-2012, 1:44 PM
I have a Colt Sporter Target A2 20" barrel fixed stock model that I'd like to sell. It's a ban era rifle but has had a flash suppressor installed. It does not have a bullet button installed and is pictured with a high-cap magazine.
As long as I add a disclaimer that if the buyer lives in CA then they need to send me a bullet button to be installed and I can substitute a 10 round magazine or leave the mag off entirely, will that be sufficient to post the ad?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/wey97/coltside2.jpg

Yemff
04-19-2012, 2:22 PM
I'm pretty sure all Colt sporter's are on the banned list, so they can not be owned in California unless already registered as an RAW

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

69Mach1
04-19-2012, 2:24 PM
Banned by name.

bubbapug1
04-19-2012, 2:29 PM
What if he put an OLL and a BB on it? Would it fly than?

The lower is really the troubling part he needs to change, and that hi cap mag has to go to.

jonzer77
04-19-2012, 2:30 PM
I have a Colt Sporter Target A2 20" barrel fixed stock model that I'd like to sell. It's a ban era rifle but has had a flash suppressor installed. It does not have a bullet button installed and is pictured with a high-cap magazine.
As long as I add a disclaimer that if the buyer lives in CA then they need to send me a bullet button to be installed and I can substitute a 10 round magazine or leave the mag off entirely, will that be sufficient to post the ad?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/wey97/coltside2.jpg

You could sell everything minus the lower receiver no problem. You could just strip down the lower receiver and send the parts along with the upper receiver.

EDIT: Forgot there is a standard mag with it. The magazine would need to be unassembled in order for it to be shipped here.

sqwerl
04-19-2012, 2:37 PM
I'm pretty sure all Colt sporter's are on the banned list, so they can not be owned in California unless already registered as an RAW

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Damn that is one hell of a flow chart.

Dave07997S
04-19-2012, 2:42 PM
What if he put an OLL and a BB on it? Would it fly than?

The lower is really the troubling part he needs to change, and that hi cap mag has to go to.

Thats exactly what he can do, I have a Colt A2 that is even earlier than the one pictured as it still has the A1 rear sight. Its in Az with some family and I plan on mating the upper to a OLL and building a featureless weapon.

Dave

amd64
04-19-2012, 2:51 PM
For a banned-by-name Colt AR variant, it's probably easier to just exclude CA buyers in your posting. For CA buyers, you'd have to exclude the lower receiver, and the parts in the FCG and the front pivot pin are probably not standard spec. for installation in an OLL.

sqwerl
04-19-2012, 2:53 PM
For a banned-by-name rifle, it's probably easier to just exclude CA buyers in your posting. For CA buyers, you'd have to exclude the lower receiver, and the parts in the FCG and the front pivot pin are probably not standard spec.

Correct, it's a large pin screw pivot pin.
I'll probably just pass, I don't want to piss people off being a mostly CA site.

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 3:01 PM
If only I had the money i'd buy it.

sqwerl
04-19-2012, 3:03 PM
If only I had the money i'd buy it.

I'd love to keep it but I want an optic for my 6.8 worse!

Dave07997S
04-19-2012, 3:33 PM
I love my Colt AR15A2, I enjoy shooting it more than my Colt 6920CA. I only can shoot it when I go to AZ. to see friends and family.

Dave

artoaster
04-19-2012, 3:37 PM
If I were buyer you would ship me everything except the magazine and the stripped lower.

I would want the stock, buffer tube, buffer spring, buffer, pistol grip. You could keep FCG and pins/springs/detents, etc.

I would then buy in California a new OLL stripped lower and bullet button.

We would be done. Simple, no transfer of firearm or paperwork involved.

You would keep stripped lower and it would never, ever cross state line into California.

How much??

MrPlink
04-19-2012, 3:48 PM
man I would love to have that over any of their newer "M4" 6920 models...

sqwerl
04-19-2012, 4:05 PM
If somebody that can legally purchase the entire lower contacted me then one of you from CA could buy the upper. That's about as far as I'd want to separate it right now until I see what the interest is on other sites. That may be a good way to list it on this site to minimize any pissy comments about trying to sell an illegal weapon in CA.