PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Burris P.E.P.R. Quick Detach mounts

Frank92612
04-19-2012, 10:37 AM
So Iím looking to get a one piece scope mount (under $100) for my AR. A friend of mine suggested the Burris P.E.P.R. QD (quick detach) for the added versatility. The problem Iím running into is that there are tons of reviews for the regular Burris P.E.P.R. but not many for the QD version. Iím hoping to get the opinion of my fellow Calgunners on the following. Please state if youíre speaking from firsthand experience.

1. What do you think about QD scope mounts or specifically the Burris P.E.P.R. QD?
2. If not the QD, what do think about the Burris P.E.P.R. vs. Nikon M-223 mount?

Long Rifle
04-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Best value for the money. I like em so much I got two. Also, got 2 non-QD earlier versions. They now come with BOTH the railed ring and smooth tops. QD are easy to adjust, though not quite as robust or fast to remove compared to Larue. But for half the price they're outstanding. Return to zero is just as good as my Larue. QD levers locks up solidly. Flawless fit and finish. I like how the finish perfectly matches most uppers and matte black scopes. :)

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/_longrifle_/IMG_8571.jpg

Merc1138
04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah, the PEPR QD is nice. Although I wasn't aware they came with the smooth tops now(the railed tops seem completely pointless as I have nothing to put there), but the smooth tops look fine. For a rifle that barely gets bumped around at the range, the PEPR QD is more than adequate. I haven't checked for zero retention(removing and putting it back), but when installed it locks up tight to the rail when you adjust the QD levers correctly.

Mrbasslips
04-19-2012, 11:00 AM
I have been running the QD version for about 6 months now and it is rock solid. I had the pic railed top rings on for a while but they got in the way of my adj turrets on my optic. Went to the smooth top rings and its perfect.

ExtremeX
04-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Good value but there is better if you are willing to pay for it. The QD portion seems like it could get worn out and loosen up a little over time if you are constantly removing/installing.

The LaRue is a seriously nice piece of hardware, very well made, and the QD system is one of the best ive used to date. Never tried a Bobro, but I cant see it being night and day.

If that's your budget, I wouldn't hesitate giving it a shot, lots of happy Burris users out there.

nick
04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Good value but there is better if you are willing to pay for it. The QD portion seems like it could get worn out and loosen up a little over time if you are constantly removing/installing.

The LaRue is a seriously nice piece of hardware, very well made, and the QD system is one of the best ive used to date. Never tried a Bobro, but I cant see it being night and day.

If that's your budget, I wouldn't hesitate giving it a shot, lots of happy Burris users out there.

The nut on the other side of the mount can be tightened in that case.

ExtremeX
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
The nut on the other side of the mount can be tightened in that case.

yes, I know, I have a PERP. I like the mount, I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about the QD system for frequent use.

The second you start to tighten stuff after you have already set zero, you run the risk of a POI shift. I use the PERP on a rifle that I wont be taking it on and off, and got LaRue mounts for ones that do.

ExtremeX
04-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Nice Optic Long Rifle,

Im a sucker for Trijicon products :D