PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Tennessee on Monday - What to do first??

intensefab
04-19-2012, 8:25 AM
Bought our new house in Tennessee and moving out on Monday...what to do first?

remove bullet buttons from AR's - check
purchase 30 round mags and beta mag for AR's - check
load high cap mags for handguns - check

now what to purchase first????

KaLiFORNIA
04-19-2012, 8:35 AM
Supressed sbr!

JCM
04-19-2012, 8:39 AM
unpack?

paul0660
04-19-2012, 8:43 AM
Find a good sushi restaurant.

Elwood_Blues
04-19-2012, 8:47 AM
Find a good sushi restaurant.

That reminds me of My Cousin Vinny :D

Does TN allow FA firearms? If so, get a Glock 18 and start converting the rifles :43:

absc280
04-19-2012, 9:13 AM
Sell me your CA model guns so you can buy real guns :)

Arkangel
04-19-2012, 9:18 AM
IDK TN laws... But FA suppressed SBR would be my first thought :D

Oh and Congrats on breaking out of the PRK.

mif_slim
04-19-2012, 9:22 AM
Take off your BB's and buy standard mags.

paul0660
04-19-2012, 9:24 AM
That reminds me of My Cousin Vinny :D

*Threadjack7J-2EIvItVYendthreadjack*

Elwood_Blues
04-19-2012, 9:45 AM
I was thinking of the scene where she goes "Famous for your mud? How's your Chinese food?"

chozenfew805
04-19-2012, 9:47 AM
:43: Any and All CLASS 3 Weapons you can afford or get your hands on!!!!! :43:

paul0660
04-19-2012, 9:49 AM
I was thinking of the scene where she goes "Famous for your mud? How's your Chinese food?"

Of course. I just prefer Marisa's outfit in the other clip.

nYJEyToSRtE

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 9:54 AM
What part of TN you movin to. Oh first thing. Get a concealed carry permit. Also get rid of that CA drivers license as fast as possible, if you want to buy firearms at walmart or any other place they might not sell you one I know walmart wont allow people with CA drivers licenses to buy firearms.

0351USMC
04-19-2012, 9:57 AM
get yourself TN DL/ID ASAP

Exile Machine
04-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Tennessee?
You're gonna need a banjo. :43:
-Mark

Elwood_Blues
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Congrats on the house purchase! Sorry, should have said that in the first response but got distracted by the sushi joint comment :D

Why did you buy a house in TN? Just curious, job, family, retirement?

The War Wagon
04-19-2012, 10:07 AM
My sister lives in se TN, near the GA line. You don't hafta KNOCK some teeth out, but definitely BLACK some out, so you fit in out in public. :rolleyes:

And brush up on your Kentucky jokes! :p

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 10:10 AM
BTW head down I-40, straight shot all the way to TN. You won't have to take any other hwys or interstates.

justjeff
04-19-2012, 10:12 AM
I would register your car/truck. I know Ohio will profile outta Towners. Tennessee may not but I'm sure it's cheaper and no smog.

ns3v3n
04-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Hickok45 from youtube is from that state, and he have all kinds of goodies. Oh man, I envy you LOL. Have a safe move there buddy. Dont forget to post the goodies you buy from time to time for us poor folks in CA.

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 10:14 AM
I would register your car/truck. I know Ohio will profile outta Towners. Tennessee may not but I'm sure it's cheaper and no smog.

Nah, not my experience I rode around TN for a good 2 months before I got my plates changed to TN, no one bothered me. But regardless get everything changed over. But yeah no inspection or smog, You can ride around without doors or a windshield lol.

deviljon
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Take all the your bullet buttons, hammerhead grips, and blocked mags to your nearest range and use them as targets.

robert101
04-19-2012, 10:21 AM
TN? I lived there for 1 year and although the gun stuff and trees were great I prefer the Golden State and moved back. Yep, I got my carry permit and ID and bought a few guns. That was really fun. I will not turn this into a State vs. State editorial. TN has a lot to offer so enjoy the new digs.

Casual_Shooter
04-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Start sayin' Y'all .... :shrug:

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
To obtain a handgun carry permit in Tennessee, you must first successfully complete a handgun safety course offered by a handgun safety school that is certified by the Department of Safety.
You should then make application at any full service Driver Service Center. You will need to bring with you the original copy of your safety course completion certificate, proof of US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency, photo identification such as your Driver License, and $115 NON-REFUNDABLE permit fee. This fee may be paid in cash, credit card, money order or with a certified check. If there are no problems with the application and you meet all eligibility requirements, you should receive your permit within 90 days of the date we receive your application.
When your application is processed at the Driver Service Center, you will be given instructions on being fingerprinted.

NFA weapons are not restricted in Tennessee as of the first of July 2003. The chief law enforcement officer is then required to administer NFA paperwork within fifteen days, but only if the individual has not previously been prohibited from possessing long guns and handguns. All federal rules are observed in Tennessee.

State law says that self-defense by using a deadly weapon is lawful under certain circumstances. When an individual has the right to be located in a vicinity and is acting due to a threatening matter, he or she has the right to defend him or herself with a deadly weapon. The aggressor by law must have entered through force into a place of residence, place of business, personal vehicle, or other personal dwelling place.

Sonic_mike
04-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Have all but one tooth removed And claim that your wife is actually your sister.

Exile Machine
04-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Take all the your bullet buttons, hammerhead grips, and blocked mags to your nearest range and use them as targets.

Fixed that for ya. Sell your hammerhead grip to a paintballer. They love 'em:
http://www.exilemachine.net/shop/images/I/IMG_2801.jpg

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 10:31 AM
To obtain a handgun carry permit in Tennessee, you must first successfully complete a handgun safety course offered by a handgun safety school that is certified by the Department of Safety.
You should then make application at any full service Driver Service Center. You will need to bring with you the original copy of your safety course completion certificate, proof of US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency, photo identification such as your Driver License, and $115 NON-REFUNDABLE permit fee. This fee may be paid in cash, credit card, money order or with a certified check. If there are no problems with the application and you meet all eligibility requirements, you should receive your permit within 90 days of the date we receive your application.
When your application is processed at the Driver Service Center, you will be given instructions on being fingerprinted.

States where a TN carry permit is valid.
http://i42.tinypic.com/f4o31u.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tennessee state law says that self-defense by using a deadly weapon is lawful under certain circumstances. When an individual has the right to be located in a vicinity and is acting due to a threatening matter, he or she has the right to defend him or herself with a deadly weapon. The aggressor by law must have entered through force into a place of residence, place of business, personal vehicle, or other personal dwelling place.

Under T.C.A. 39-11-612, a person is justified in threatening or using force against another to protect a third person, if under the circumstances as the person reasonably believes them to be, the person would be justified in threatening or using force to protect against the use or attempted use of unlawful force reasonably believed to be threatening the third person sought to be protected. A person is justified if the person has reasonable belief that there is imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury to the third person, the danger creating the belief of imminent death or serious bodily injury is real or honestly believed to be real at the time, and the belief of danger is founded upon reasonable grounds.

As with self-defense, however, a person claiming defense of a third person may not be justified if he or she was engaged in an illegal activity, the victim had a right to have entered the defendant’s residence or dwelling, or the victim was exercising his or her lawful right to procure a child who was in his or her custody. A defendant may not also claim the defense if he or she somehow provoked the unlawful use of force against the third person.

39-11-614 Protection of property
(a) A person in lawful possession of real or personal property is justified in threatening or using force against another, when and to the degree it is reasonably believed the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person who has been unlawfully dispossessed of real or personal property is justified in threatening or using force against the other, when and to the degree it is reasonably believed the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property, if the person threatens or uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession:
(1) The person reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when the other dispossessed the person; and
(2) The other accomplished the dispossession by threatening or using force against the person.
(c) Unless a person is justified in using deadly force as otherwise provided by law, a person is not justified in using deadly force to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on real estate or unlawful interference with personal property.
[Acts 1989, ch. 591, 1; 2009, ch. 194, 1.]
Have all but one tooth removed And claim that your wife is actually your sister.

Golly gee I guess he better shave off his long hair and stop acting like a surfer..

AVID HUNTER
04-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Build a stihl and start making some shine!!! I'm jealous, when the economy turns around, I'm heading out of this liberal state so I can enjoy my hobbies to my own delight.

nitroxdiver
04-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Get some fireworks. First place I stop whenever we cross the border into Tn. They have fireworks superstores there. DL/ID soon, car plates, carry permit. Locate an NFA dealer, start your research and saving up for something with a happy switch.

apbrian112
04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Supressed sbr!

This x10!! Congrats on moving out!!

pistoleromacho
04-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Don't know how far from Goodlettsville your are but TMFSALES owned by Travis Leonard is a good guy and I buy all my C & R rifles from him.

wsmc27
04-19-2012, 12:02 PM
If in Tenn iz mandatory to stalk TNP'R and see if his Bushy is all that as we've read on CG.

;)

After unpacking and finding food as previously suggested. :p

srs tho, good luck/best wishes/congrats to OP :)

TreeHugger
04-19-2012, 1:16 PM
First, tell the liberals/gun haters to kiss your (_*_)

russ69
04-19-2012, 1:23 PM
Install your safe, then start your paperwork on a SBR.

cabinetguy
04-19-2012, 1:34 PM
sbr?

tiger222
04-19-2012, 1:43 PM
Buy a Colt AR15 preban :)
Oh - first thing I'd do is pee. It's a long trip :)

04-19-2012, 1:44 PM

Handgun Carry Permit

wsmc27
04-19-2012, 2:14 PM
sbr?

Short Barrel Rifle

--

edit as: I may have misunderstood that post. Maybe it was a suggestion. :)

In case I did, YES SBR!

intensefab
04-19-2012, 3:17 PM
Congrats on the house purchase! Sorry, should have said that in the first response but got distracted by the sushi joint comment :D

Why did you buy a house in TN? Just curious, job, family, retirement?

Wife's family lives in TN, bought a house 45 min south of Nashville. Already have a couple great sushi restaurants marked out.

Got my Utah CCW, gonna transfer it to a TN CCW and new DL will be the first stop! Can't wait for freedom!!

fcr
04-19-2012, 3:27 PM
Just curious are you a native Californian ?

winnre
04-19-2012, 3:46 PM
Build a still and marry your sister.

Tier One Arms
04-19-2012, 4:01 PM
I love Tennessee, went to school out there for a year (Southern Adventist University) in Chattanooga, I'd like to move back there someday. Have fun, buy a supressor :D

intensefab
04-19-2012, 4:26 PM
Just curious are you a native Californian ?

Yes sir, 49 years here in the golden state!

Love the benefits of the golden state but hate all the BS!!! Next week I will get a $$$$ raise in my paycheck with no state income tax in TN.

And yes....threaded barrels with suppressors! I will post up some of the new toys over the next few weeks after we settle in.

Got three bottles of "white whiskey" sitting at the new place just waiting for me. Now if I can get my sister to marry me I'll be golden!! HA

intensefab
04-19-2012, 4:28 PM
My profile picture is me with a Barrett .50 at my buddy's farm...about 5 minutes from my house!

Maybe a Barrett would be a great starting point!

intensefab
04-19-2012, 4:32 PM
What part of TN you movin to. Oh first thing. Get a concealed carry permit. Also get rid of that CA drivers license as fast as possible, if you want to buy firearms at walmart or any other place they might not sell you one I know walmart wont allow people with CA drivers licenses to buy firearms.

Bought a house in Columbia, just found out today that we got our house here in Cali leased for a year! Been a stressful couple of weeks, but it's all coming together. Riding my Harley out on Monday and yep, 40 all the way! I will stop at the AZ boarder to strap on my 1911 then it go time!!

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 4:40 PM
Bought a house in Columbia, just found out today that we got our house here in Cali leased for a year! Been a stressful couple of weeks, but it's all coming together. Riding my Harley out on Monday and yep, 40 all the way! I will stop at the AZ boarder to strap on my 1911 then it go time!!

Nice! Little to far for me to come and shoot with ya but maybe you can find out where hickok45 lives and shoot with him lmao. Would be funny if you two were neighbors lol.

Love the benefits of the golden state but hate all the BS!!! Next week I will get a $$$$ raise in my paycheck with no state income tax in TN.

And yes....threaded barrels with suppressors! I will post up some of the new toys over the next few weeks after we settle in.

Got three bottles of "white whiskey" sitting at the new place just waiting for me. Now if I can get my sister to marry me I'll be golden!! HA

I like Cali too but the government is whats keeping me from ever going back. If they get their act together I might consider it.

duggan
04-19-2012, 5:16 PM
Drive up to Ft. Campbell and check out the 101st museum.

Don't be surprised if your lungs go into shock from fresh air. And as far as what to buy? Any hand gun you wan't without having to do any BS hoop jumping.

fcr
04-19-2012, 5:24 PM

I've had a few friends come back from there, musicians. They were working too, just didn't click. That was in the 80's though, way different here now.

yellowfin
04-19-2012, 5:40 PM
I miss being able to get a plate of fried catfish, fried dill pickles, and hushpuppies for the price of a burger combo that's worthy of Paula Deen.

dad
04-19-2012, 5:43 PM

I've been here almost three months and I love it! Calif., is nothing compared to here!

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 5:45 PM
I miss being able to get a plate of fried catfish, fried dill pickles, and hushpuppies for the price of a burger combo that's worthy of Paula Deen.

Captain D's? lol

yellowfin
04-19-2012, 6:08 PM
No, definitely not a chain. Hole in the wall and/or attached to a gas station and/or at least 30 years old. Preferably with a bug zapper on the back deck/porch.

Silverlake223
04-19-2012, 6:11 PM
Go visit Hickok45!! Tell him the story of our sorry A@# state in terms of RKBA!! His name is Greg, and he is a real nice guy.

jasonnorcal
04-19-2012, 6:21 PM
Everyones gonna go with the obvious NFA stuff ( SBR\FA\suppressor ). I say get some pistols not on the drop list and then start buying some Colts

glock 357
04-19-2012, 6:25 PM
Bought our new house in Tennessee and moving out on Monday...what to do first?

remove bullet buttons from AR's - check
purchase 30 round mags and beta mag for AR's - check
load high cap mags for handguns - check

Not that easy cowboy! Still have more than bullet button, 30 round mags. Full auto possibly but will take some extra milling so purchase a gunsmith and some booze for the man.

Welcome to Tennessee. Patron state of shooting stuff.

Capybara
04-19-2012, 6:36 PM
All I can tell you is if I were moving there...

SBR and suppressor for my Uzi
Form 4 an M10 with the Lage SF upper
I would SBR my new AR pistol
I would buy that AOW Remington 870 with the 12.5" barrel

Then I would just enjoy the beautiful scenery, camping, bluegrass and catfish. Love that state, I may retire there someday. Oh, and I would buy a property with a great hillside like Hickock45 has and build a killer steels range and shoot just about every day and get good.

cwin
04-19-2012, 6:38 PM
Supressed sbr!

This is what I'd do.

chrisf
04-19-2012, 7:03 PM
First thing you should do...... Thank god.

TNP'R
04-19-2012, 7:04 PM
When you leave CA you should scream IM FREE!!!!

vta
04-19-2012, 7:25 PM
Love tennessee. No need to spend too much money just to enjoy the free life. Just get yourself a slide fire stock, some drum mags, lots of ammo and watermelons to blow up. We will be jealous enough. Head down to lynchburg for the jack daniels distillery tour. No tasting though since it's in a DRY COUNTY! Spend some time in the smokies and take a drive east to north carolina thru the blue ridge parkway. Live it up for the rest of us who are stuck here for one reason or another.

cxr
04-19-2012, 9:21 PM
Take a training class and really learn how to run your rifle after you buy a suppred SBR

Drivedabizness
04-19-2012, 11:45 PM
When you reach the "promised land" it may be appropriate for you to stop and offer thanks to the one from whom all blessings flow.

Fot
04-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Sleep with your Cousin??

DinoPJR
04-20-2012, 12:37 AM
have a nice time sweatin your *** off in the humid summer! good job tho brotha! have a good life over there! STOKED!

Droppin Deuces
04-20-2012, 12:50 AM
You're gonna need one of these:
http://c-product.images.dreamsretail.com/52-26/52-26560-Y.jpg

Good luck!

m98
04-20-2012, 1:02 AM
Youuuuuu Luuuuccckkkyyy Bbbbbbbaaaaasstttaaaaarrrrdddd.................... ...found an escape portal huh. As soon as u cross state lines, have someone film this, stop, turn around, curse the sh-- out at kommi politicians and its sheeple, slurp out a big loogie and dispose of it back to kommi state lines. Then post on youtube and link back here for us to see. Make sure to adress all ur feelings towards the politicians and sheeples.

glock7
04-20-2012, 7:22 PM
Celebrate....lucky dog. I'm contemplating a move to Nevada. Enjoy yourself and be glad you are out of the "tarnished" state.....

MrPlink
04-20-2012, 7:24 PM
Send for help!