PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Backus - Saturday 4-21-12 - Antelope Valley - NRA Members' Council

Jason P
04-18-2012, 11:10 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=562257

D Harry
04-19-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=523185

jjmat3
04-30-2012, 6:38 PM
Anyone know what was going on out there this weekend? Showed up fairly early on Sunday to find dozens of people, tents, motorcycles (street and dirt), and other vehicles. Place was mobbed w/ people and we decided to go find another spot elsewhere.

glassparman
08-13-2012, 2:51 PM
That's my normal place to shoot, I live 5 minutes east of there. What a shame when I noticed that some jerk had ripped out the sign you guys put up after the big clean up.

some people don't deserve a brain let alone a gun!

Michael

Jason P
08-13-2012, 3:03 PM
Anyone know what was going on out there this weekend? Showed up fairly early on Sunday to find dozens of people, tents, motorcycles (street and dirt), and other vehicles. Place was mobbed w/ people and we decided to go find another spot elsewhere.

Not sure what happened out there at that time, lots of @$$holes go out there to dump appliances, get drunk and break glass etc. We've cleaned up twice, and we are trying to keep an eye on the place.

Jason P
08-13-2012, 3:06 PM
That's my normal place to shoot, I live 5 minutes east of there. What a shame when I noticed that some jerk had ripped out the sign you guys put up after the big clean up.

some people don't deserve a brain let alone a gun!

Michael

Yeah, we have tried to keep an eye on it, and so have some other shooters. I went out one day, met a nice guy named Brian. He had loaded up a fridge and some TV pieces in the back of his truck, he was just there policing brass. He was not even shooting.

jjmat3
11-03-2012, 3:09 PM
anyone know the legality of having a bonfire out there? It wouldn't take much more than a nice bonfire to clean the area of the leftover wood and bits of trash. I left w/ a 30 gallon bag full of stuff that wouldn't tear the bag up today after shooting. the worst of what was there was a couple old tv's and pile of dirty diapers....WTH?!

Jason P
11-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Someone tried that already not long ago, we were there a few days after. They built a fire, it was windy, and they took out half the sage brush within a 1/4 mile. It's a miracle it wasn't worse.

jjmat3
11-04-2012, 4:02 AM
Someone tried that already not long ago, we were there a few days after. They built a fire, it was windy, and they took out half the sage brush within a 1/4 mile. It's a miracle it wasn't worse.

Wow, some people. How about picking a calm day for that? ;)