PDA

View Full Version : Bought Delaware Machinery lower today!

artoaster
04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Purchased from local gun shop (LGS) and now begins 10 day wait. I stopped by knowing they were working hard to get some lowers in due to high demand and found they had just received several and I figured they weren't going to last more than a few days in the store so I grabbed one.

The thinking was since lowers (and most other parts) are getting difficult to find I might as well get what's staring me in the face and not risk waiting anymore and also support the LGS.

The Delaware is a Mil-Spec 7075 T6 forging with anodized hard coat, Type III, class 2 black finish and appears to be like so many of the other brand lowers that I feel comfortable in this purchase. It will be a basic carbine M4gery type build and I would like to hear any comments regarding the Delaware Machinery Lower.

The only negative I would attribute to the lower would be it's rather boring "plain jane" roll markings or lettering.

artoaster
04-19-2012, 8:29 AM
Hmmmm.

Anyone??

bender152
04-19-2012, 9:02 AM
Congrats!

Nothing wrong with "plain jane roll markings". As long as it's in spec, you're good to go.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the brand. I'll take 3 Palmetto lowers over 1 Noveske lower any day.

Bobula
04-19-2012, 9:04 AM
I have a Delaware. No issues yet

jbush
04-19-2012, 9:20 AM
A lower is a lower as long as it's in spec and up can live with the rollmark. I have 3 JD Machine and 1 PSA and the only difference is the anodizing seems a little nicer on the JDs. It's kind of weird right now, I called 5 LGS a few weeks ago ang found a few lowers, then called this week and found several, but I'm sure those will go soon. Need to get it when it's available right now. Happy building!!!

wsmc27
04-19-2012, 12:08 PM
I would like to hear any comments regarding the Delaware Machinery Lower.

The only negative I would attribute to the lower would be it's rather boring "plain jane" roll markings or lettering.

Hmmmm.

Anyone??

Since you ask...

The only negative I would attribute is that it was machined in Indiana(?) as opposed to California (like J.D. Machine). :p

Agreed with bender, if it works fine no matter on the lettering. Some are >really< into that, some aren't. :shrug:

Otherwise, congrats and enjoy your AR. :)

artoaster
04-19-2012, 6:34 PM
Ok, can anybody suggest an upper that the finish will match?

I'm looking at PSA uppers.

welchy
04-19-2012, 7:26 PM
I have a PSA upper. Very satisfied.

Chaos47
04-19-2012, 8:32 PM
http://www.rguns.net/Graphics/Rifles/semi/AR/Lowers/DelawareMachineryStrippedLower.jpg
^If anyone was curious like I was...
Looks like a nice blank canvas to have whatever you want engraved on it..
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=459860

PSA uppers are very nice, never seeing a Delaware Machinery lower I cant tell you if it will tone match 100%..