PDA

View Full Version : 308 Parts What's going on?

RLTW
04-18-2012, 9:31 PM
So I'm looking for parts, either a complete upper or build my own. I've checked JSE, Marks, Brownells, Midway..etc... Most items or should I say all are "out of stock"

Anyone know whats going on?

Even went down to JD then over to Parallax Tactical same issue there.

Has anyone else noticed the shortage of parts and items available for the avid shooter/ builder.

monk
04-18-2012, 9:33 PM
Not just 308 parts man. I've been waiting for a stock kit from PSA and it's been out of stock for the longest. Same goes for forward assists and barrels. I'm sure it's mostly due to the Obama scare. Or maybe it's the fed's way of keeping guns out of people's hands? lol. Could also be artificial demand... :tfh:

Chontkleer
04-18-2012, 9:33 PM
Not just .308's. I was looking around for a list of doodads a few days ago and most of what I wanted at most of the large online shops was out of stock.

RLTW
04-18-2012, 9:50 PM
I know it's like every place that has parts no longer... I know the mid-west has been having weather problems thought that might be one of the issues.

Monk you could be right. It'll keep Holder from selling more firearms to the cartel.

weber_2
04-18-2012, 9:59 PM
That's why I just said screw the 308 AR build and bought me a Socom II. Couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll do a build after all this Obama/Doomsday stuff blows over. Or not if the Mayans are right.

RLTW
04-18-2012, 10:12 PM
That's why I just said screw the 308 AR build and bought me a Socom II. Couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll do a build after all this Obama/Doomsday stuff blows over. Or not if the Mayans are right.

Yeah... I have had my lower for awhile well just got it squared away.. Finally have some funds to do the build and nope..

You never know whats going to happen, just think how much ammo went up when Obama was elected... He has actually helped all the gun companies to stimulate the economy.

I talked to a buddy at the Vegas show back in 09 and he said most of the vendors did a yrs worth of business in 2 months.

Mayans.. Hells Ya:oji:

shadowofnight
04-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Just finished my build ( 260 Remington AR ) this week, everything was in stock except for the 308 bolt...THOSE are next to impossible to find.

Had the Fulton Armory bolt carrier sitting here naked, and up pops bolts on Brownells...by the time I was done ordering they were out of stock again.

duc748bip
04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
The problem is... I have a Socom already :D
I'm sitting on 400 rd of Prvi 308. Because I'm waiting for that special gas block the DPMS SASS barrel use.

Maybe I can shoot it without the gas block and tube like a bolt action AR ..... J/k trigger finger is itching,

CrysisMonkey
04-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Good thing I already bought and built mine:gunsmilie:

I was thinging of building another. More of a high power carbine instead of a long didstance rifle.

lwbyo1
04-19-2012, 2:21 AM
The problem is... I have a Socom already :D
I'm sitting on 400 rd of Prvi 308. Because I'm waiting for that special gas block the DPMS SASS barrel use.

Maybe I can shoot it without the gas block and tube like a bolt action AR ..... J/k trigger finger is itching,

Here's the gas block for your SASS and it's in stock:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR568-1.html

baih777
04-19-2012, 4:45 AM
i built a DPMS 308 pattern and it took me four months to find all the parts.
just waiting for a bcg took two months.

H2O MAN
04-19-2012, 7:03 AM
That's why I just said screw the 308 AR build and bought me a Socom II. Couldn't be happier.

I did the same thing several years ago, dumped the AR-10... built a few M14s and couldn't be happier :)

StratORcaster
04-19-2012, 7:21 AM
Search google for specific 308 parts. Recently found mine at various obscure online stores. Dont bother with your usual spots. .02

RLTW
04-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Search google for specific 308 parts. Recently found mine at various obscure online stores. Dont bother with your usual spots. .02

Your Avatar cracks me up...

Yeah I have done this, I have found building a 308 by buying parts here and there will be adding up real quick un-like building a AR15.

In fact there are some really High Speed parts out there but they come with a large price tag.

motorwerks
04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
As much as I hate to give away my sources.... I'll give you one. Check with Rainer. I will also say that you guys live in the wrong area, I can drive to 3 places within 15 minutes from my house and pick up enough parts to build a .308 AR from scratch right now if I have the money I need.

theicecreamdan
04-20-2012, 4:18 PM
I've waited 4 weeks now for a complete upper.

I was quoted 4-5 weeks when I was considering my order, I hope thats accurate

Chontkleer
04-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Ok, this is getting silly. I just spent a good hour and a half trying to find a Magpul ACS stock (fde/commercial) and I think I just bought the last one left in North America. Many of the stores have already jacked the price up 30% and they're out of stock.

RLTW
04-21-2012, 1:09 AM
Ok, this is getting silly. I just spent a good hour and a half trying to find a Magpul ACS stock (fde/commercial) and I think I just bought the last one left in North America. Many of the stores have already jacked the price up 30% and they're out of stock.

I know it sucks... I'm all about making a buck, but when dealers and vendors use it to gouge us... Makes me not want to use them when prices settle back down.

I got luck today... I went back to Paralax Tactical and bought their Oracle for $449. It didn't have a bolt but I bought one from a buddy. Yes I know it is a DPMS, but considering whats going on, I'm happy to have it.

I know they had commercial stocks in stock give them a call tomorrow they can help you out.

TZL
04-21-2012, 2:29 AM
It's an election year and Obama term 2....