View Full Version : Ruger makes it right..... BIG TIME!

04-18-2012, 6:02 PM
I had previously posted about a stovepiping issue that I had with a recently purchased 10/22 Carbine...
Ruger eventually arranged for a UPS pickup. Several weeks later, I called them to find out the verdict. They tell me that the gun is irreparable due to improperly drilled receiver holes. They kindly offer to replace the gun, but I had been looking at some other options... :) When I asked if I could get an upgrade, the customer service gal cheerfully replied, "within reason". Long story short, they were out of everything within that price range. :43:
She asks, " what do you want then?? A pistol or ?? "
I had seen the SR22 and thought it was a bit of a stretch! I even mentioned that I would be happy to pay extra. She tells me to hold...... then comes back and tells me that they can upgrade me to the SR 22 rifle for FREE! :clap::clap::clap:
So I just got the rifle 2 wks ago and got to shoot it 2 days ago. I slapped a 3x9 Alpen Apex scope on it with a 1" riser. Shot 200 rounds of CCI mini mags through it without a hiccup! Gun is very fun to shoot and just feels good!
I have never experienced such customer support. I told my wife that the least I can do is purchase a nice Hand gun from them soon to show my gratitude! No wonder they are backlogged!

04-18-2012, 6:15 PM
I am hearing more and more good stories about Ruger's customer service. Glad they took care of you and some day I will add a Ruger to my collection.

04-18-2012, 6:42 PM
They definitely have their act together these days. Nice to see when other companies are taking advantages of shortages to get flaky.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
04-18-2012, 6:45 PM

04-18-2012, 6:49 PM
IBT I will never buy a Ruger because of Bill Ruger crowd.

04-18-2012, 7:02 PM
IBT I will never buy a Ruger because of Bill Ruger crowd.

He's dead and rolling in his grave after Ruger introduced an AR-15.

Ruger has always made good firearms using innovative manufacturing techniques; this shows they back it up with oustanding customer service as well!

04-18-2012, 7:32 PM
Good on them. Now that is great customer service.

04-18-2012, 7:51 PM
I'm going to check mine for improper drilling ASAP! Lol ;)

04-18-2012, 7:55 PM
They have earned my future business, to say the least.

04-18-2012, 7:55 PM

04-18-2012, 8:24 PM
I LOVE Ruger's CS. I bought an LCR off of another CG'r a while back. The Ruger zippered pouch it came with had a busted zipper.

I e-mailed their CS and 2 days later they e-mail back with, "Your replacement is on the way."

Well, they sent out a COMPLETE LCR factory box set...new box, new manuals, new pouch, new Ruger lock. Everything you get with a new LCR minus the LCR. Cool!!!

04-18-2012, 8:32 PM

04-18-2012, 8:39 PM
That is like Christmas in April :)

Tank 57
04-18-2012, 9:08 PM
Their customer service has always been excellent.This didn't start after Bill Ruger's death.Didn't agree with him on some things but I think the service is part of his legacy.Over 20 years ago,one of my friends had a case head seperate from a cheapo (Navy Arms branded Aguila) .22 round.Blew the magazine out of his 10-22 and destroyed it.He sent it to Ruger and told them exactly how it happened.They sent him a new magazine.No charge with an apology.

04-18-2012, 9:12 PM
Well thats a whole lotta AWESOME! Congrats!

04-18-2012, 9:19 PM
I had a 1958 OM Ruger Single Six last year. They offered to convert to transfer bar, basically refurb the whole gun for free..

Awesome offer, but I sold it to a collector, but I'll never forget that kind of service. And I was able to talk to a human every time I called them.

Ruger is highly underestimated, and underappreciated by most folks.. :)

Jack L
04-19-2012, 7:20 AM
I really llike all my Ruger firearms. Shoot the .22's all day for cheap fun and improved skill level.

Ever been to Prescott, AZ?

04-19-2012, 7:29 AM
Most of my guns are Rugers and this is just one reason why.

Quickdraw Mcgraw
04-19-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not a big fan of there semi autos, there wheel guns are built like tanks. For some reason all my rugers needed a lil TLC an then they turn into SHOOTERS!!

04-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I had heard about their great customer service but hadn't experienced it first hand.
My 22/45 had a bolt stop pin assembly that would come apart when removed from the gun. I called them up and they shipped one out the very same day. The pistol was still under warranty but still, very good service.

04-19-2012, 1:36 PM
Wow, great stuff. I've been eyeing a 10/22 for some time and my just have to pull the trigger on getting one soon. Awesome to hear great customer service stories. =)