PDA

View Full Version : CMMG dedicated 22 upper question

Norm222
04-18-2012, 1:04 PM
Hi All. I'm putting together a dedicated 22 AR for my daughter and had a question. Do I need a buffer and spring or can it be operated with out? Thanks.

jchen76@gmail.com
04-18-2012, 1:19 PM
You don't need them. But if you ever plan to swap between centerfire upper, nice to have buffer already there and it won't affect the rimfire upper function.

Norm222
04-18-2012, 1:35 PM
Cool. Good to know. Thanks for the quick reply.

AR22
04-18-2012, 1:41 PM
We run a buffer in my kids CMMG just because it gives some support to the rear of the bolt assembly.I removed the weights from the buffer assembly but kept the spring and the rest intact.Some have had operating problems without a buffer but if yours runs good without it you will be fine..Some lowers just like to have the buffer there and will not run properly without it.Most will however..Thanks

NorCalDustin
04-18-2012, 2:48 PM
You dont need a buffer/buffer spring... Some people say it helps to stablize the internals of the upper... but, i've never had an issue running without.

I've got 2 guns with, 1 without (in my super lightweight .22LR AR-15)... They run the same IMHO.

Also, CMMG is now making a super light weight upper... I suggest looking into it. :)