PDA

View Full Version : Full feature AR with BB, Unfeatured SU 16 with detachable magazine.

Badmusic
04-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Gentlemen, My question is this;

With a high capacity magazine I owned prior to the ban, is there any legal problem with using a fully loaded 20 rd magazine with either of these weapons at the range??

Predator
04-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Featured AR with BB is a no-go. If you had a RAW certificate then you could. However you can't run 10+ in a featured mag-locked rifle.

Badmusic
04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Featured AR with BB is a no-go. If you had a RAW certificate then you could. However you can't run 10+ in a featured mag-locked rifle.

Interesting. What's the point of allowing possession of a Hi cap mag? CA is strange. I guess it would be ok If I had a non-feature AR? Kinda takes the fun out of legally owning hi cap mags. So, it's ok with the su-16?

EvolutionGSR
04-18-2012, 11:21 AM
High caps arent just for AR's. They are for handguns, other semis like mini 14's, m1as, other ca legal rifles that dont require bullet buttons. A SU-16 would be fine.

mif_slim
04-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Su is okay for hicap. AR, you'll need to make it featureless to use it.

fighterpilot562
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Make the AR featureless

CSACANNONEER
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Interesting. What's the point of allowing possession of a Hi cap mag? CA is strange. I guess it would be ok If I had a non-feature AR? Kinda takes the fun out of legally owning hi cap mags. So, it's ok with the su-16?

It's OK to use in ANY firearm unless, you would be manufacturing an AW by using it. That means, ANY fixed mag semi auto centerfire rifle or any fixed mag semi auto handgun is a no-no.

Moonshine
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Still usable with an AR-15 if you leave the state for courses, competition, etc. just be sure your rifle is CA compliant before comming back.

MrPlink
04-18-2012, 1:46 PM
the way people look at this is flawed. Using a hi cap mag on a locked rifle does not make the use or possesion of the magazine illegal, it makes the rifle illegal.

Chaos47
04-18-2012, 1:52 PM
Please read the flow chart and take time to understand it
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Magazine locked rifles by definition can not have over 10 rounds.
Putting a "hicap" in one creates an illegal "Assault Weapon"

Look into featureless builds

rdsii64
04-18-2012, 8:07 PM
The whole mag situation in Calfornia is a ***** storm. I just have enough 10 round mags to make up the difference. Regardless of what technicality I can get away with its just not worth the effort. Untill the laws are changed, anything other than a ten round mag is a headache waiting to happen.

wsmc27
04-19-2012, 11:36 AM
The whole mag situation in Calfornia is a ***** storm. I just have enough 10 round mags to make up the difference. Regardless of what technicality I can get away with its just not worth the effort. Untill the laws are changed, anything other than a ten round mag is a headache waiting to happen.

I call FUD. :fud:

Make up the difference for what? :confused:

:oji: If one has legally aquired hi-caps, and one has the proper configuration firearm, why not use same?

I don't think any of the guys with their old Mini-14 w/20, 30, maybe 40rd mags should have any headaches, same with the M1A guys with their 20 rounders. Same with featureless AR and AK people.

:)

Dave07997S
04-19-2012, 11:46 AM

Actually the RAW certificate would only be for the actual RAW on the list. Any other weapons purchased after this would have to be a BB or a featureless rifle.

Dave