PDA

View Full Version : Shooting for the first time in years...

bobgengeskahn
04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
So Friday, January 13 of this year I had a prohibition lifted; and after a lot of debate and talking with people here and elsewhere; I decided that the best/easiest/fastest way to finally find out if I was cleared was to just try to get something (this was actually a much longer and more complicated process, but this isn't the legal/2A forum).

On Monday my 10 day wait was up and yesterday I picked up this little beauty: c. April 1938 Remington 341-P
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/bobgengeskahn/Real%20Steel/Rem%20341P/IMG_20120417_161525.jpg

Gave her a quick clean and went to the range last night and was able to do this after 3.5 years of not shooting:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/bobgengeskahn/Real%20Steel/Rem%20341P/IMG_20120417_205208.jpg

All in all I'm very pleased and came close to shedding a tear. It's almost poetic that this would be my first... again. Rimfires help me remember that its the simple fun things in life that matter most :rolleyes:

nastyhabts26
04-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Kind of reminds me not to take my privelages for granted and to protect my rights to keep and bare arms.

bobgengeskahn
04-18-2012, 1:45 PM
Really? Im sorry, and I'm sure you didn't really mean anything by that, but I am just sick of the condescending, passive aggressive and sometimes outright hostile atmosphere around here when someone says that they've faced a prohibition; it's worse than a scarlet letter in these parts. The same people that argue and fight for 2A in California saying that our gun laws are "over the top" or that there are problems with the system; are the same people that brand people like me for life and ostracize us from the shooting community, without knowing the story or circumstances or legal process that some of us have been troubled to go through to successfully get an appeal. Ironically, the only times I have felt the juice was not worth the squeeze (so to say) has been when I post here on Calguns. To further the irony, the reason I pursued it, rather than wait it out and let it lapse, is because I am trying to get BACK into the army. So I get baby killer from the left and ostracized from the right; from the looks of it I guess I should just leave California.

I posted in rimfire to talk about the rifle, if I
wanted personal attacks I would have posted in 2A.
[/rant]

Stoopy
04-18-2012, 1:50 PM
Good shooting. You should look into the online competition for rimfires. It fun and it pushes you to do your best and improve.

Izzy43
04-18-2012, 2:22 PM
Really? Im sorry, and I'm sure you didn't really mean anything by that, but I am just sick of the condescending, passive aggressive and sometimes outright hostile atmosphere around here when someone says that they've faced a prohibition; it's worse than a scarlet letter in these parts. The same people that argue and fight for 2A in California saying that our gun laws are "over the top" or that there are problems with the system; are the same people that brand people like me for life and ostracize us from the shooting community, without knowing the story or circumstances or legal process that some of us have been troubled to go through to successfully get an appeal. Ironically, the only times I have felt the juice was not worth the squeeze (so to say) has been when I post here on Calguns. To further the irony, the reason I pursued it, rather than wait it out and let it lapse, is because I am trying to get BACK into the army. So I get baby killer from the left and ostracized from the right; from the looks of it I guess I should just leave California.

I posted in rimfire to talk about the rifle, if I
wanted personal attacks I would have posted in 2A.
[/rant]

I feel exactly the same way although I don't know which post you are refering to. Just wanted to say welcome back to shooting, it can be such a joy and stress reliever. As "Stoopy" said, join us in the monthly "Rimfire Matches" as it looks like you have a shooter there with that rifle and would give us some competition.

Mr. Beretta
04-20-2012, 8:23 PM
What was the distance and what ammo were you using?

Good shooting BTW!

MaHoTex
04-20-2012, 8:49 PM
That is some awesome shooting for anyone, much less being away for the sport for a while. Keep it up!