PDA

View Full Version : [Very Disappointed] - Sig Pro SP2022 9mm

can
04-17-2012, 8:25 AM
Well, yesterday, it was my "pick up" day at turners.
After waiting one of the longest 10-days, I go to Turner's and pull my number and wait, and wait some more.

After waiting about forever (which was a short wait - relatively, and was alright since it was "my day"), I hand my paperwork for the Sig Pro in 9mm.

The person goes in for a few minutes and comes out with "I have bad news for you. The gun that was DROS'd for you is not CA compliant. Sig Sauer sent us the wrong guns. The model number that's listed on the invoice is not CA compliant. Sorry man."

Sorry man? Really? That's it?

1. My business is with Turner's, not Sig. Don't blame Sig to me, acknowledge your fault.
2. The person told me that the model numbers were different from CA compliant and non-compliant. If that's the case, Turner's should have known about the discrepancy soon after filing, if not prior.
3. I find out at the store that I was not the first one to hear of this issue. Then, shouldn't Turner's have contacted me so that I didn't have to make my hour drive and wait in line?
4. If the gun comes in before my 30 day period ends, they can switch the serial #. However, if it comes in after, then we need to start the DROS over again.
5. Has no idea when they will receive the product. You'll get it when you get it, service.

The whole experience was nothing short of disappointing.
All this to save $15 from another store.

elemenohpeeee
04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Hey can, just want you to know you're not alone in this. Hopefully Turner's makes it right for those of us that purchased the SP2022.

I am going to try to get an update over the phone, will post up later with the results.

hefedehefe
04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Happens to me all the time there :/

monk
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Happens to me all the time there :/

You DROS a gun that's not CA compliant? Wow...

hefedehefe
04-17-2012, 11:55 AM
You DROS a gun that's not CA compliant? Wow...

No, I was talking about Turners not following up with me when something goes wrong. It's usually me that calls them wondering what is up. And when I do, they always say,"we will call you when it's ready"' however all three times I was the one that had to call them. I have also purchased 2 defective guns from them. In fact one my most recent purchase is my brand new non "ca compliant" sig 2022 .40 defective gun. That has been there since Feb16th. Supposedly it will be there tomorrow. We will see. But they had no idea that is was there for so long, and when I followed up, they were surprised. They were like "wow, thats been out for a while". I think that if they have defects and repairs out for more than 30 days, that they should follow up and see whats going on. In fact when I did follow up, they asked me to call sig. I did, and sig told me they had to call. So I called turners back and they called. Its been a mess. I suppose mine was compliant before they required the round indicator, but the same model would not be available today :facepalm:

Nick_W
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Has anyone heard anything else from them? I'm supposed to pick up an sp2022 on Sunday and haven't been able to get someone to answer the phone.

elemenohpeeee
04-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Just got off the phone with someone at Turner's. I was told they would be getting a call when they get an update Sig. Who knows how long that's gonna take :confused:

slixx1320
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
So has anyone got word on when they will have more available in .40sw? Turners??

Nick_W
04-18-2012, 1:32 PM
I just called and spoke to someone at the fountain valley store about the shipment they received today and he said "We're unloading the truck now, and I see lots of Sig boxes so I'm sure its there." He also said to call back later tonight or tomorrow and he could double check to make sure mine is there. This seems odd though given the responses everyone else got from Turners. So I'll call back in a couple hours and post here what they tell me.

slixx1320
04-18-2012, 3:36 PM
Thanks for the update Nick.

DoomeD
04-18-2012, 3:55 PM
Seems to me that you are disappointed @ turners not the Sig sp2022. According to the website the sp2022 is approved.
SP2022 (Blued) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 3.8" 9mm 7/27/2012

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-18-2012, 4:32 PM
Folks-

Last year Sig made an in-line change to their SP2022 adding a loaded chamber indicator (similar to the XD's) and an external extractor. Unfortunately, those changes would result in the need for a new model submission to the DOJ and since the revised model does not have a mag disconnect safety or a CA-approved loaded chamber indicator that listing was not going to happen. We consulted with our attorneys and theirs and they all agreed on those points.

Sig apologized, they took back the guns with the incorrect slides, sent us new pistols and said that it wouldn't happen again. They even went so far to denote state specific models- in this case adding "CA" to end of models meant for CA.

And here we are again .... guns with slides that are meant for states other than CA contrary to our P.O.s. Worse yet, there are dealers out there likely in the same spot, but who are not proactive and are essentially subject to selling non-SB15 guns to their customers.

Sig is shipping us guns- they said they should be here in 10-14 days- we asked them for expedited shipping (overnight, 2nd day, anything faster than truck) for 50+ of the 200 guns in order to take care of customers with deposits/ DROS in play. We'll see if they respond and do the right thing.

We understand your frustration but it is equally frustrating to see Sig make the same mistake after seemingly understanding the impact on its dealers and customers after it happened the first time. We'll be out DROS fees and upset customers, while other dealers could fare worse for selling non-compliant guns.

Nick_W
04-18-2012, 4:35 PM
Just got off the phone with them to double check if mine was there and it isn't. They said they have no idea when they are coming in only that Sig has done this before and they still don't see a need to double check the guns they receive before they sell them. Oh and that if it goes over thirty days they'll pay the DROS fees. This was my first attempt at buying a gun from turners and if this is the customer service most likely the last.

can
04-19-2012, 8:45 AM
Thanks for the update.
It now helps with a bit more information as to why there was this issue.
Hopefully my gun will come in before the period is over.

I can live with the long waits at the store.
It was the fact that no one called me prior to the pick up date (when this was clearly an issue that Turner's knew about), and then to wait in line to hear that they knew of the issue but still didn't contact me was what got me irritated.

I'll update with updates.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 4:00 PM
Thanks for the update.
It now helps with a bit more information as to why there was this issue.
Hopefully my gun will come in before the period is over.

It was the fact that no one called me prior to the pick up date (when this was clearly an issue that Turner's knew about), and then to wait in line to hear that they knew of the issue but still didn't contact me was what got me irritated.

Agreed- stores were directed to call customers at the time it was discovered; no excuse for that not happening.

As for Sig, they shipped the correct gun for nearly a year- we've received hundreds, just short of 4 digits- so frankly, there was no reasonable scenario that it would randomly happen again- this moves them down the list a ways of factories that are easy to work with.

Nick_W
04-19-2012, 4:27 PM
Ya definitely less annoying when we are getting updates and the whole story, part of the frustration is that I found out on an internet forum not from a phone call from turners, then getting differing stories when calling the store and asking about it. And I can understand not checking model numbers every time if you've received a thousand guns correctly in a year. Is there any update on whether or not Sig is expediting the shipping on those first few guns?

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 4:41 PM
... Is there any update on whether or not Sig is expediting the shipping on those first few guns?

No as of today, but their boat got rocked pretty hard so we'd hope they'd get it done right.

Lainezki
04-19-2012, 5:43 PM
I'm really disappointed with Turners. It's my first time to buy a gun from them which is the 2022 10 days ago then this happens. I'm ok with what happend with the Sig shipment but what upsets me is their customer service! They never give me a call to ypdate me with what happened. They had 10 days to do so! Here's the kicker, they had the nerves to even raise their voice on me. Is is going to be my first and certainly my last time buying from them! Btw I bought my gun from their Reseda branch.

Fishslayer
04-22-2012, 5:42 PM
Folks-

Last year Sig made an in-line change to their SP2022 adding a loaded chamber indicator (similar to the XD's) and an external extractor. Unfortunately, those changes would result in the need for a new model submission to the DOJ and since the revised model does not have a mag disconnect safety or a CA-approved loaded chamber indicator that listing was not going to happen. We consulted with our attorneys and theirs and they all agreed on those points.

OK. So if I buy a 2022 from now on it's gonna have a LCI & mag disconnect?

I thought there were already versions with internal & extrenal extractors without all the safety nonsense?

I are confused. :(

But glad I already got mine! :D

SemperFlexibus
04-22-2012, 6:58 PM
OK. So if I buy a 2022 from now on it's gonna have a LCI & mag disconnect?

I thought there were already versions with internal & extrenal extractors without all the safety nonsense?

I are confused. :(

But glad I already got mine! :D

not until the new model is on the CA approved list....

SemperFlexibus
04-22-2012, 7:07 PM
I'm really disappointed with Turners. It's my first time to buy a gun from them which is the 2022 10 days ago then this happens. I'm ok with what happend with the Sig shipment but what upsets me is their customer service! They never give me a call to ypdate me with what happened. They had 10 days to do so! Here's the kicker, they had the nerves to even raise their voice on me. Is is going to be my first and certainly my last time buying from them! Btw I bought my gun from their Reseda branch.

it's not all Tuner's are bad, just Reseda....

Lainezki
04-23-2012, 10:02 AM
it's not all Tuner's are bad, just Reseda....

Thanks. After I get my gun there, I will just drive to the Fountain Valley branch. I've heard a lot of positive feedback from that store.

Turners, when are you going to pressure Sig to ship those Sp2022 overnight.

Fishslayer
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
not until the new model is on the CA approved list....

Already have two with none of the extra "features." I liked the one I got for my wife so much I got one for myself. I'll pass on the 'new" models.;)

FWIW both were bought at the San Marcos Turner's with my usual hassle free, pleasant shopping experience. Good people at that store.

Kinda wonder what would happen if I had to send one to SIG for service. Would they be able to ship such an "unsafe" weapon back to Kalifornistan?

SemperFlexibus
04-23-2012, 1:37 PM
there's no problem with old models/non-compliance guns being shipped for service, dealers just can't sell them as new/used.

slixx1320
04-24-2012, 8:16 PM
Thanks. After I get my gun there, I will just drive to the Fountain Valley branch. I've heard a lot of positive feedback from that store.

FV never bothered to call my bro when they had some in stock at the warehouse. He had to go in and ask for a refund to go buy it elsewhere, that was when they confirmed they had some available and issued him a SN on the spot. This was just yesterday. We'll see if it will be at the FV locations this Thursday as they say.

Other than the call he never got, the FV did have great service. Salesman by the name of "Dat" was extremely customer oriented.

Lainezki
04-25-2012, 8:58 AM
FV never bothered to call my bro when they had some in stock at the warehouse. He had to go in and ask for a refund to go buy it elsewhere, that was when they confirmed they had some available and issued him a SN on the spot. This was just yesterday. We'll see if it will be at the FV locations this Thursday as they say.

Other than the call he never got, the FV did have great service. Salesman by the name of "Dat" was extremely customer oriented.

Thanks, keep me posted!

slixx1320
04-25-2012, 9:18 AM
^^ will do.

Lainezki
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
I just called reseda branch today and all they can say to me was we'll just have to wait. Wow! really that's all you can say. They can't even ask their managers or corporate bosses on what the status are for the SP2022. All they tell you is we're at Sig's mercy.

monk
04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
I just called reseda branch today and all they can say to me was we'll just have to wait. Wow! really that's all you can say. They can't even ask their managers or corporate bosses on what the status are for the SP2022. All they tell you is we're at Sig's mercy.

Many retailers are at the manufacturer's mercy, not just sig. Turners has already said they asked for whatever expedited shipping they have available to make it right and haven't heard back yet. The only people anyone should be mad at are the idiots who created and passed the roster law; otherwise this would be a moot point. If this doesn't get you to convince others to get rid of the stupid law then on your own heads be it. I'm telling as many people as I can about this law.

Lainezki
04-25-2012, 1:16 PM
Many retailers are at the manufacturer's mercy, not just sig. Turners has already said they asked for whatever expedited shipping they have available to make it right and haven't heard back yet. The only people anyone should be mad at are the idiots who created and passed the roster law; otherwise this would be a moot point. If this doesn't get you to convince others to get rid of the stupid law then on your own heads be it. I'm telling as many people as I can about this law.

Open carry FTW. I just want to get my gun........ :(

monk
04-25-2012, 1:24 PM

Understood, but there's only so much Turners can do, man.

deltax
04-25-2012, 1:42 PM

Law or not Sig messed up and it is their responsibility to correct the issue asap. I'm a first time buyer and this situation has dissuaded me from buying a Sig. Apparently Sig has shipped the wrong models once before. From what the Turners manager told me, they asked Sig for overnight shipping last week however they have still not given them an answer. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect overnight shipping on guns that were already purchased(in full nonetheless). Overnighting the guns show that you care about your customers, at least in my mind.

Being as it has been almost a whole week without a response from Sig concerning overnight shipping I think it's safe to assume they aren't going to do it. If they are that careless with shipping their products it doesn't make me feel too confident that they put much care into manufacturing their guns. That's not a manufacturer I want to support. People should vote with their wallets, I did. I went back to Turners and canceled my DROS on the SP2022 and got a full refund. They were very nice about it and I would definitely buy from them again; Sig not so much.

NewbieDave
04-25-2012, 11:46 PM
My opinion... never DROS a gun that you don't have in hand.

Sleighter
04-26-2012, 12:19 PM

Since you're a new member you should be aware that as of January 1st of this year open carry is now illegal most places. You should do a search for "open carry" here on calguns and get caught up to speed. So stay legal!

monk
04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Law or not Sig messed up and it is their responsibility to correct the issue asap. I'm a first time buyer and this situation has dissuaded me from buying a Sig. Apparently Sig has shipped the wrong models once before. From what the Turners manager told me, they asked Sig for overnight shipping last week however they have still not given them an answer. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect overnight shipping on guns that were already purchased(in full nonetheless). Overnighting the guns show that you care about your customers, at least in my mind.

Being as it has been almost a whole week without a response from Sig concerning overnight shipping I think it's safe to assume they aren't going to do it. If they are that careless with shipping their products it doesn't make me feel too confident that they put much care into manufacturing their guns. That's not a manufacturer I want to support. People should vote with their wallets, I did. I went back to Turners and canceled my DROS on the SP2022 and got a full refund. They were very nice about it and I would definitely buy from them again; Sig not so much.

100% agree that overnight should be a given from Sig. I was more talking about what Turners can do.

civilsnake
04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
100% agree that overnight should be a given from Sig. I was more talking about what Turners can do.

What is it you expect Turners can do?

deltax
04-26-2012, 5:32 PM

What is it you expect Turners can do?

I was wondering that myself. I don't really see what Turner's did wrong in this situation(other than not call to inform me of the situation lol).

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 8:45 AM

We are on them every other day and so far they have have not said "no" but a resounding "yes" hasn't been forthcoming either ....

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 9:09 AM
We are on them every other day and so far they have have not said "no" but a resounding "yes" hasn't been forthcoming either ....

UPDATE-

Sig notified us this morning that we will have 100+ pistols in early next week; while that quantity will fill current deposits, they say they have an additional set of guns being assembled and on the way in the next week or so..

Lainezki
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
UPDATE-

Sig notified us this morning that we will have 100+ pistols in early next week; while that quantity will fill current deposits, they say they have an additional set of guns being assembled and on the way in the next week or so..

Thanks for the update. Will those first batch be given to customers who have paid in full and completed the 10 day waiting period. Very good news BTW.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the update. Will those first batch be given to customers who have paid in full and completed the 10 day waiting period. Very good news BTW.

Typically we fill oldest orders first but we may not have to ration at all- it looks like that first order may cover all orders- paid in full and DROS'd or not.

Lainezki
04-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Typically we fill oldest orders first but we may not have to ration at all- it looks like that first order may cover all orders- paid in full and DROS'd or not.

Cool, luckily I paid mine's in full so I hope I get it next week.

Lainezki
04-27-2012, 10:13 AM

Is there any way you can look up if my name shows up for the first batch?

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Is there any way you can look up if my name shows up for the first batch?

PM sent.

can
05-01-2012, 2:52 PM
Did the 100+ SP2022 come in? :)

ssv3
05-01-2012, 4:05 PM

+1

Waiting on mine as well for a month now.:sleeping: Newbie to CG as well :D

Lainezki
05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Turners,

What is going on? I called numerous branch and they have no clue on what is going on with the Sp2022 shipments.

Nick_W
05-02-2012, 1:35 PM
Just spoke to someone at the fountain valley store, they said they called the warehouse and they have not received the shipment yet so the earliest we will be able to get them is next Wednesday. What happened to we will have the guns early this week?

Lainezki
05-02-2012, 2:23 PM
Just spoke to someone at the fountain valley store, they said they called the warehouse and they have not received the shipment yet so the earliest we will be able to get them is next Wednesday. What happened to we will have the guns early this week?

I feel you man. It's just frustrating :mad:

can
05-02-2012, 2:44 PM
I think I'm going to ask for a refund if I don't receive an update by Friday. If Friday comes and goes, I will need to re-DROS, which will be another 10 days, from the day the shipments are available.

Lainezki
05-02-2012, 3:00 PM
I think I'm going to ask for a refund if I don't receive an update by Friday. If Friday comes and goes, I will need to re-DROS, which will be another 10 days, from the day the shipments are available.

I'm going to do the same exact thing. It doesn't make sense to wait after your dros expires because you're going to have to redo it anyway.

Lainezki
05-02-2012, 3:01 PM

BTW, when was you supposed pickup date?

Malabris
05-02-2012, 3:17 PM

Next wednesday is the last day I can pick it up without a re-DROS. I really hope this works out.

Nick_W
05-02-2012, 4:35 PM
I just got back from canceling mine, tried unsuccessfully to get them to give me a good deal on something else and they really did not seem to care in the slightest about not having my gun. So I cancelled and bought a glock 19 from rifle gear down the street.

gr8dragon88
05-03-2012, 12:00 AM
I just got back from canceling mine, tried unsuccessfully to get them to give me a good deal on something else and they really did not seem to care in the slightest about not having my gun. So I cancelled and bought a glock 19 from rifle gear down the street.

that's a bummer... did you ask for one of the managers like Mike or Jim?

Nick_W
05-03-2012, 9:57 AM
that's a bummer... did you ask for one of the managers like Mike or Jim?

Ya, I'm not sure which one but he was definitely a manager. It was a 1000 dollar Kimber i was going to buy, but the best he offered was 50 bucks off. 5 percent off for something twice as much as what I was going to buy at 200 dollars off (including the laser) didn't seem like enough of a reason to give turners any more of my business. 100 bucks would have done it but oh well, sticking with rifle gear for now.

fighting4theconstitution
05-03-2012, 3:18 PM
Don't feel bad. Today was my pick up for an SP2022 I PPT'd from another calgunner. So I take my lunch break and my paperwork to Turners off of Montiel Rd in San Marcos, the employee thumbs through the paperwork and blam! Uh I hate to tell you but you have a delay letter sent from DOJ. Wait what? In all the transactions I have had I have never had anything like this....could it be because I used my CCW as ID instead of a handgun safety certificate? Why didn't anyone call me I asked the employee. The manager said he did, well no missed call on May 2nd, 2012 from turners, had someone notified me I could have called the DOJ yesterday and gotten things square so I didn't have to waste my time today waiting for my pickup. I called the DOJ, it was the analysts mess up, she said turners would have the paperwork in an hour. But in reality the attitude of the manager is outrageous, an I don't care attitude. This was my first time doing business with them and it will be my last!

Vmutt92
05-03-2012, 5:26 PM
I had kinda the same thing happen. Was in for the sp2022 9, but some weird way ended up with the 40. Great mistake. The 40, I feel after shooting both is awsome. My bro has the 9, and he even agrees. Thanks Sig.
It doesnt sound like Turners is to blame on your point.

SemperFlexibus
05-03-2012, 8:51 PM
I had kinda the same thing happen. Was in for the sp2022 9, but some weird way ended up with the 40. Great mistake. The 40, I feel after shooting both is awsome. My bro has the 9, and he even agrees. Thanks Sig.
It doesnt sound like Turners is to blame on your point.

the .40 mags are also way cheaper than 9mm mags, about $10 vs. $40 a piece...

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-04-2012, 8:01 AM

Sig shipped about 70(!)- which is very close to the number of customer orders that we had on-hand when this whole issue happened. They saying that we will get the remaining 150 or so in a week or two.

These will be distributed to the stores- gun for gun- based the quantity of the guns that were returned in the first place.

Lainezki
05-04-2012, 8:52 AM
Sig shipped about 70(!)- which is very close to the number of customer orders that we had on-hand when this whole issue happened. They saying that we will get the remaining 150 or so in a week or two.

These will be distributed to the stores- gun for gun- based the quantity of the guns that were returned in the first place.

When will the stores get it. Like I mentioned at my previous post. They don't have any clue that sig actually shipped some guns.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
When will the stores get it. Like I mentioned at my previous post. They don't have any clue that sig actually shipped some guns.

Guns delivery to stores will vary depending on the store- PM sent.

Lainezki
05-04-2012, 2:10 PM
Guns delivery to stores will vary depending on the store- PM sent.

Got it. thanks

elemenohpeeee
05-04-2012, 3:23 PM
Possible eta to the kearny mesa location? Thanks in advance.

can
05-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Has anyone picked up their Sig yet? Any calls from Turners?

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Has anyone picked up their Sig yet? Any calls from Turners?

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll be calling the manager at the Reseda branch in 10 mins.

MisplacedTexan
05-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Glad I didn't do the DROS. They only have my 30%. Let us know any update on the Sig's showing up. (waiting for Orange on Tustin to get them in - I've never gotten a phone call from Turner's, just turned away when I showed up to complete the paperwork).

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Just got off the phone with the manager of the Reseda branch. They're offloading their shipments right now. Told me to call in a couple of hours. Sp the waiting is still on!

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 7:12 PM
I finally got my Sp2022. Thanks to Don from the Reseda branch. I did recieve it however on a regular box, I thought they came with a hard sig plastic case. Also the gun had no LCI. did they just issue me a non CA compliant gun? Is this the first edition of the sp2022? I thought the reason for the mixup was with the LCI?

Deep_color
05-08-2012, 8:26 PM
The Non compliant models did not have the LCI from what I understood.

*************** I mis typed what I was thinking(sorry). The Compliant models did not have the LCI.***********************

Again Sorry

EDIT

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 8:58 PM
The Non compliant models did not have the LCI from what I understood.

So they did sell me the non compliant model cause mine did not have an LCI. here we go again!

Malabris
05-08-2012, 9:10 PM
I finally got my Sp2022. Thanks to Don from the Reseda branch. I did recieve it however on a regular box, I thought they came with a hard sig plastic case. Also the gun had no LCI. did they just issue me a non CA compliant gun? Is this the first edition of the sp2022? I thought the reason for the mixup was with the LCI?

Unreal

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 9:22 PM
Guys let me know if you got yours already. If they don't have the LCI, Don't have the sig case, if they don't have any exeter, NH stamp on the slide and if it appears to have a non blued finish.

Come on Turners after the long wait, here's another issue!

Malabris
05-08-2012, 9:48 PM
Haven't got mine yet, so I can't help there. Did you get your laser?

Boris
05-08-2012, 9:55 PM
So they did sell me the non compliant model cause mine did not have an LCI. here we go again!
I think Turner's addressed this in an earlier post. The version that Sig had sent that caused the problem was not on the CA roster. Because it had the LCI but not a mag disco. If it had both it could have been submitted for approval as a different model. The non-LCI version made the roster some time last decade before the 2008 compliance date. It's grandfathered. It's okay.

Malabris
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
This roster business is unbelievably stupid. Its cool that yours doesn't have the LCI though.

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Haven't got mine yet, so I can't help there. Did you get your laser?

Yes I did. Playing with it right now. on thing is for sure, so far it does no like to load hydrashok bullets :( maybe it just needs braking in.

Deep_color
05-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Please see my edit as I mistyped what I was thinking. I ment to type that the COMPLIANT models do not have the LCI.

Sorry for the confusion.

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Please see my edit as I mistyped what I was thinking. I ment to type that the COMPLIANT models do not have the LCI.

Sorry for the confusion.

Now I'm really confused! oh well I have it now. range time tomorrow. One thing though, I thought it comes with the sig hard plastic case. Mine came in a box with one extra grip. Is that how they're shipping it now?

can
05-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Can you send me some photos?

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Can you send me some photos?

what is your email?

Malabris
05-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Now I'm really confused! oh well I have it now. range time tomorrow. One thing though, I thought it comes with the sig hard plastic case. Mine came in a box with one extra grip. Is that how they're shipping it now?

Did the cable lock come with it?

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Did the cable lock come with it?

Yes it did. I believe it should have came with 2 extra grips too. small and large.

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Here are some photo's. Sorry taken from a phone camera.

http://flic.kr/p/bUXVrJ

can
05-08-2012, 10:52 PM
The photos are private and can not be viewed.

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 10:57 PM
The photos are private and can not be viewed.

Sent you a couple on your email.

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Photos doesn't seem to work. I made it public already.

slixx1320
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm guessing everyone here is waiting the 9mm? My brother rec'd his sp2022 .40 yesterday. He called sig and sig did infact confirm that from now on they will be selling their lower priced pistols with no hard case and just a regular box, cardboard I should say. The hard case could be had directly from them for I believe $44-45 or so shipped.

I believe it should have came with 2 extra grips too. small and large.

Yes it should of came with 2 grips, my bro rec'd 2 grips on his purchase. When I purchased mine a few months ago it also came with 2 grips.

Lainezki
05-08-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm guessing everyone here is waiting the 9mm? My brother rec'd his sp2022 .40 yesterday. He called sig and sig did infact confirm that from now on they will be selling their lower priced pistols with no hard case and just a regular box, cardboard I should say. The hard case could be had directly from them for I believe $44-45 or so shipped.

Yes it should of came with 2 grips, my bro rec'd 2 grips on his purchase. When I purchased mine a few months ago it also came with 2 grips.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm just going to confirm with them the LCI issue tomorrow.

ssv3
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Guys let me know if you got yours already. If they don't have the LCI, Don't have the sig case, if they don't have any exeter, NH stamp on the slide and if it appears to have a non blued finish.

Come on Turners after the long wait, here's another issue!

Got mine exactly how u described. No lci, no hard case,no exeter nh stamp on slide but appears thats how the latest 2022 models are made now from factory?? I really dont care and im happy i finally got it. Just looked at some pics online and it appears nh stamp an serial number were on the slide before but the serial is now stamped in the picattiny rail. Factory changes?

hefedehefe
05-09-2012, 1:35 AM
Mine came with hard xase and two grips. One on it and one extra. I got it in Feb. It jammed all the time when i first got it. I had to send it back. They said it was the extractor and it works fine now. I also requested the large grips, which imo are way better than the two that come with them. I am ordering the stainless slide and .357 barrel next. I was highly disapointed with this pos when i first got it, but I gotta say, i love this gun now

can
05-09-2012, 7:30 AM
Turner's, can you give us the details?

slixx1320
05-09-2012, 1:38 PM
I am ordering the stainless slide and .357 barrel next.

Does sig actually sell the stainless upper slide by themselves? I think you may have to send it in for sig to strip the blued coatings off of it. I had called a few months back to see if sig will sell their diamond plated slide but they said they don't sell them separately. It's gotta be ordered complete with pistol. Don't know if that goes for the stainless slide as well. Keep me informed if they do offer just the slide itself.

MisplacedTexan
05-10-2012, 4:56 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed but I called Turner's yesterday and they were still logging in and sorting inventory (and figuring out the pecking order). Spoke to Casey, and I must say he was very professional, very nice - letting me know that I could come in and "my gun" was there (just a deposit, not paid in full). FANTASTIC, no LCI, no mag disconnect, I'll take it - esp, there was no model on the floor when I put the deposit down. Paid for the balance. Now I just need to wait. For me it will be an especially long wait since I can't DROS till late on the 20th, and then I guess my extra 10 days will start!

Lainezki
05-10-2012, 8:18 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed but I called Turner's yesterday and they were still logging in and sorting inventory (and figuring out the pecking order). Spoke to Casey, and I must say he was very professional, very nice - letting me know that I could come in and "my gun" was there (just a deposit, not paid in full). FANTASTIC, no LCI, no mag disconnect, I'll take it - esp, there was no model on the floor when I put the deposit down. Paid for the balance. Now I just need to wait. For me it will be an especially long wait since I can't DROS till late on the 20th, and then I guess my extra 10 days will start!

Let me know if your sight doesn't have the two dots on the rear. Mine came with one line on the center of the rear sights instead of the two dots.

Is this an older model or a new one turners?

4DMASTR
05-10-2012, 9:08 PM

Sigh, I just jailed a SP2022 Tuesday, I thought they put it in a cardboard box but figured a plastic case was in there. Already disappointed to find out the mags run about $46 and it only comes with one. Oh well I suppose it seems like an awesome firearm and am still excited about it.

Deep_color
05-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Let me know if your sight doesn't have the two dots on the rear. Mine came with one line on the center of the rear sights instead of the two dots.

Is this an older model or a new one turners?

It looks like the Sigs are coming with what they are calling a "contrast" sight or a 3 dot "SIGLITEŽ Night Sight". Check Sig's web site and click the tab reading specs.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sp2022.aspx

So unless you got one with night sights I dont think it will have a three dot sight.

Lainezki
05-10-2012, 10:31 PM
It looks like the Sigs are coming with what they are calling a "contrast" sight or a 3 dot "SIGLITEŽ Night Sight". Check Sig's web site and click the tab reading specs.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sp2022.aspx

So unless you got one with night sights I dont think it will have a three dot sight.

They do have contrast sights in 3 dot spec. My friend has one. He did have the lci on his.

I don't have the night sights. From what I've read so far from the sig forum it was an older style sights off the p220 and the p226. I did saw some german made sp2022 in goggle with the same setup.

TheHammerOfTruth
05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I checked with Sig and they said they all come with the post in the rearsight and a dot in the front. They offered nights sights as an option for an extra cost.

olinetl79
05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Yes sig is giving cardboard boxes with sp2022.

hefedehefe
05-16-2012, 9:44 AM
Does sig actually sell the stainless upper slide by themselves? I think you may have to send it in for sig to strip the blued coatings off of it. I had called a few months back to see if sig will sell their diamond plated slide but they said they don't sell them separately. It's gotta be ordered complete with pistol. Don't know if that goes for the stainless slide as well. Keep me informed if they do offer just the slide itself.

They dont sell them. I sent mine in to get blasted. I should get it back in a few days. Will post pics