PDA

View Full Version : 10-22 wait

Pk63
04-16-2012, 12:58 PM
April 5 Called Reseda Turners and was told that they had 10-22 avail. Long drive to store and long wait to find out they are not able to issue a number from warehouse, so no way to start DROS process. Left a deposit on one with promise to get a tel call "soon".

April 13 New 10-22 are avail in stores for purchase.

April 15 Finally was able to talk to a salesman at Reseda Turners. I was told that people who ordered and placed deposits would have to wait for warehouse to call them. Could be another week or so. REALLY? My neighbor walked into the Reseda store in Saturday and started his DROS process already, and I am told I have to wait........not right.

This is so wrong........Turners, you really need to get your act together.

the86d
04-16-2012, 1:05 PM
Ruger is accepting no more orders. Could it be related, and they didn't order ahead of time?

JNunez23
04-16-2012, 2:20 PM
Wow, that is wrong. Shoot your neighbor's rifle! lol

frdman
04-16-2012, 2:22 PM
I just put a deposit on a Ruger 10/22 takedown today at the Fountain Valley Turner's. They told me they'd call me on Wednesday about the serial to start the DROS. I hope I don't get the same problem you're having.

TheBest
04-16-2012, 2:36 PM
I didn't think you had to have the serial number for DROS on long guns since they aren't registered like handguns, right?

ETAviator
04-16-2012, 2:52 PM
I saw the second ad after I had put a deposit down a week earlier. I made a call to ensure a serial number had been assigned. It had and they told me to come in and take care of the jailwork...I mean paperwork. Give them a call.

shovelon
04-16-2012, 3:23 PM
Mine finally got in Friday to Turner's Reseda after 2 weeks wait. I go in tonight to start the DROS.

At first they said they can take a deposit and they will have 150 more coming in the next 2 weeks. I said I already did that. Then he checks the back room and says sure enough it was in.

So latest info I have is if I want another, get my deposit in.:):)

Pk63
04-16-2012, 5:03 PM
What upsets me the most is that you would think that people who put a deposit down weeks ago should be called first before they sell to the public again.

jbush
04-18-2012, 12:58 AM
What upsets me the most is that you would think that people who put a deposit down weeks ago should be called first before they sell to the public again.

Ya, I'd be a little upset. I've never heard of the warehouse calling, Ive purchased (put a deposit on) rifles twice at the Rancho store that were out of stock. Both times the store called me the day they were available, and told me they had a number and could start the DROS. This sounds like a store screw up. I've bought a lot of stuff from Turners Rancho and had them pull a new in box from the warehouse because I didn't want a floor display and have never talked to the warehouse. Sounds like someone dropped the ball and didn't follow up on getting rifles set aside for those who had deposits pending.

OP one more quick note: On the Turners website under contact us, you can voice your complaint. Be nice, be professional. I have found that sometimes when screw ups like this happen, often times the higher ups are unaware there is a problem. About two years ago I had a customer service issue at one of their stores. I politely expressed what I experienced in a complaint to their corporate office, who in turn forwarded it to the store manager, who had suspected a problem, but was able to pin point it until I gave them date and time and they were able to review the store videos to see what went on. Like most businesses Turners doesn't want you to be unhappy, but like a lot of chain stores corporate is not always aware of a problems if it is buried at the store level. As long as you don't get nasty and voice a legitimate complaint, they will listen.

shovelon
04-18-2012, 5:53 PM
Dros started Monday night. Serial # was required. Those guys at Reseda Turners are running around like chickens with ----- well, you know.

Only 2 out of 3 computers were working and ticket number display was broken, right at the time they are remodeling. I think it will get better over time.

The manager was talking with the waiting customers and mentions that Ruger is 1 million orders behind with supply problems. Turner's is their biggest west coast customer, and they do have the pull. Almost no mom and pop gun stores are getting Rugers right now. Industry talk is that 2012 is the biggest year for gun sales in recorded history.:eek:

jbush
04-21-2012, 3:50 AM
Dros started Monday night. Serial # was required. Those guys at Reseda Turners are running around like chickens with ----- well, you know.

Only 2 out of 3 computers were working and ticket number display was broken, right at the time they are remodeling. I think it will get better over time.

The manager was talking with the waiting customers and mentions that Ruger is 1 million orders behind with supply problems. Turner's is their biggest west coast customer, and they do have the pull. Almost no mom and pop gun stores are getting Rugers right now. Industry talk is that 2012 is the biggest year for gun sales in recorded history.:eek:

I've heard this 1 million behind number before, but Turner's and Ammo Bros still run 10/22s on sale. I know Rugers sales numbers are up, but a million behind? Ruger donates 1 dollar to the NRA for every gun sold from April 2011 to April 2012. They exceeded their projected number. It was originally 1 million and they upped the projection to 1.2 million by the NRA convention date, so that means if they are 1 million guns behind in production that it would be equavilent to 10 months worth of sales. Seems kinda high? Ive also heard Ruger is not taking orders from distributors until mid May. If they were 1 million behind they would have to stop taking orders until about Dec. Who got this 1 million number that keeps floating around?

Mail Clerk
04-21-2012, 9:04 AM
April 5 Called Reseda Turners and was told that they had 10-22 avail. Long drive to store and long wait to find out they are not able to issue a number from warehouse, so no way to start DROS process. Left a deposit on one with promise to get a tel call "soon".

April 13 New 10-22 are avail in stores for purchase.

April 15 Finally was able to talk to a salesman at Reseda Turners. I was told that people who ordered and placed deposits would have to wait for warehouse to call them. Could be another week or so. REALLY? My neighbor walked into the Reseda store in Saturday and started his DROS process already, and I am told I have to wait........not right.

This is so wrong........Turners, you really need to get your act together.

PK63,

I'm so sorry for all your trouble. Your right that shouldn't have happened to you as it only shows how bad things are internally. Turner's Ourdoorsman hasn't been the same for a long time and have read many questionable stories about the Reseda store in the past.

I suggest in the future you just consider going to Bass Pro and get what you want. It might be a long drive but it's pleasant and although you might pay a little more at least you won't have to deal with bad customer service. Besides that you in a store that has everything you need and more AND afterwards they have a super nice open air mall with plenty of restaurante to have a nice meal before your trip back home. For a few bucks more you get a better selection and a nice outing out of it. I'd go to Bass Pro anytime

Mail Clerk:oji:

joefrank64k
04-21-2012, 9:42 AM
I've heard this 1 million behind number before, but Turner's and Ammo Bros still run 10/22s on sale. I know Rugers sales numbers are up, but a million behind? Ruger donates 1 dollar to the NRA for every gun sold from April 2011 to April 2012. They exceeded their projected number. It was originally 1 million and they upped the projection to 1.2 million by the NRA convention date, so that means if they are 1 million guns behind in production that it would be equavilent to 10 months worth of sales. Seems kinda high? Ive also heard Ruger is not taking orders from distributors until mid May. If they were 1 million behind they would have to stop taking orders until about Dec. Who got this 1 million number that keeps floating around?

Straight from Ruger: http://www.ruger.com/corporate/news/2012-03-21.html

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Reports Strong First Quarter Bookings
March 21, 2012

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

- The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.

- Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.

- Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

- The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.

The Company will announce its results and file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2012 on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, after the close of the stock market.

xavierpoe
04-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Wouldn't that mean that there will be a million new rugers on the market this year? If a million firearms have been ordered, it doesn't mean that the general public has bought them all right? It just means that the stores are refiling depleted stocks. At least i hope that's the case, i am looking to buy a new 10/22 soon and it would suck if they are sold out everywhere.

rogervzv
04-23-2012, 1:18 AM
What all this really means is that Obama is the world's greatest gun salesman. If he gets a second term you can forget about the Second Amendment. People know that. That is the main reason that people are buying guns and ammunition like crazy.

I always donate a buck to the NRA when I buy stuff at Turners.

In my experience at Turners you have a done deal if they give you a serial number. Rifle or pistol. Does not matter if the gun is in the store or the warehouse as long as they give you the SN. Otherwise you are just on a wait list. They have always treated me great.