PDA

View Full Version : First 10/22 - Takedown or not?

monkeylice
04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't have a 10/22 yet, but I am eager to get one soon. I'm wondering if I should just get a plain jane model that's on sale at Turner's for $210 right now or jump into getting the takedown?

I like the idea of having a nice backpack gun like the takedown, but I also like the idea of having a plain 10/22 to have as a standard in my head for 10/22s. I don't NEED a backpack gun right now, and I assume that I'll be able to get a takedown in the future if and when I really, really want one.

the86d
04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I can't tell you how many times I wish this came out BEFORE I got my 10/22.

With a trunk full of rifles and pistols, it would have been good to break this down and put it in the range-bin...

I say GO FOR IT! If not for just cleaning the barrel ease without modding the receiver to take a full cleaning rod quickly, for the other reasons. :)

sholling
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
It comes down to what you want to use it for...
Buy either if you want a moderately accurate plinker.
Buy a 10/22TD if you want a backpack/truck/survival rifle.
By a standard 10/22 if you want to modify it into something special.
Buy a bolt action CZ455 if you want super out of the box accuracy.

monkeylice
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Not interested in modifying at this time, except maybe making trigger adjustments and adding a scope. Perhaps I will make a takedown a gift for myself depending on how this semester's grades turn out.

sholling
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Not interested in modifying at this time, except maybe making trigger adjustments and adding a scope. Perhaps I will make a takedown a gift for myself depending on how this semester's grades turn out.
Then you've answered your own question. :D

Jeepers
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM
if you want a takedown get it while you can, i read a ad from ruger somewhere that there where only going to make 700 in the production run

there have been many takedown mods over the years and all went by the wayside once the fad wore off ... i dont see ruger doing more then one more production run on these so get them while you can if you want one ....

Some Guy
04-16-2012, 1:44 PM
if you want a takedown get it while you can, i read a ad from ruger somewhere that there where only going to make 700 in the production run

there have been many takedown mods over the years and all went by the wayside once the fad wore off ... i dont see ruger doing more then one more production run on these so get them while you can if you want one ....

The 700 you saw was how many 10/22td turners had in stock. I dont believe they are limited edition.

bdoubleu
04-16-2012, 5:24 PM
Get the take down model while you can, IF you can. The plain jane model will always be available.

hooked on glock
04-16-2012, 9:46 PM
do what i did , i put a deposit on a 10/22 td as my first ruger 10/22 , then when i went in to start the dros on it ,i got a regular synthetic version to put on the same dros... :61:

monkeylice
04-17-2012, 3:14 PM
do what i did , i put a deposit on a 10/22 td as my first ruger 10/22 , then when i went in to start the dros on it ,i got a regular synthetic version to put on the same dros... :61:

I wish :(

I would probably get the 10/22 takedown and a Savage Arms MkII FVSR (http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIFVSR/).

gunafficionado
04-17-2012, 3:41 PM
Get the take-down if you can afford it. If cost is an issue, stay with the standard, non take-down models.

ljgrasso
04-17-2012, 6:39 PM
Just picked mine up today, Nikon prostaff EFR target on the way.

frdman
04-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Just picked mine up today, Nikon prostaff EFR target on the way.

Did you order your scope from opticsplanet.com? I ordered the same scope on Saturday and it's on backorder now. I called them about it today and they told me it might take as long as May 10 to get in.

CZlover
04-21-2012, 5:34 PM
I don't have a 10/22 yet, but I am eager to get one soon. I'm wondering if I should just get a plain jane model that's on sale at Turner's for $210 right now or jump into getting the takedown?

I like the idea of having a nice backpack gun like the takedown, but I also like the idea of having a plain 10/22 to have as a standard in my head for 10/22s. I don't NEED a backpack gun right now, and I assume that I'll be able to get a takedown in the future if and when I really, really want one.

If you'd like to modify your first 10/22, then get a standard one.

If not, then get a Takedown version because:

1. If you'd like to shoot a standard stock 10/22, then don't take down the Takedown and bring it to the range in the regular rifle bag :p. It shoots just like the standard stock 10/22, why worry? :D

2. If you'd like to shoot & store it in the car, etc. in your bob bag then take down the Takedown and store it in the Ruger nylon bag :p

Rip65
04-21-2012, 11:59 PM
getting my first gun, think this is making me lean towards takedown