PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some CA Compliant 10rd Mags for my MP5 Clone

FateZero
04-16-2012, 11:03 AM
First time post, but long time lurker here on CalGuns and I really love this forum. You guys have gotten me interested in firearms again after many years of not owning a gun and I have learned a ton from this place over the past couple of years.

With that being said, I recently purchased an MKE MP5 9mm clone and I am looking to get some additional mags for it. 10 rd MP5 mags seem as rare as hens teeth so I thought I would post up to see if anyone had some leads or recommendations.

I have already STFA and I can't seem to find any current info on places to get them. Some people have recommended that I modify a 30 rd, but it has to be "un-reversable" back to 30rd so I am not sure how to comply with that legally. Also I am not familiar with rebuilding mags so I am not sure if I want to take on that task.

Any help is appreciated!

ACRfan
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
If u have a disassembled 30rnd call oc armory and they can block it for you, or they might have some done already..

kurby09
04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
if your interested or looking into modifying your 30 rd mag into a 10/30 and looking for a mp5 mag block here is a link for it. http://www.lscmanufacturing.com/shop/product.php?id_product=30

hope this will help you a little bit if you cant find a actual 10 round mag for your mp5.

you may want to poke around at this site as it seems that they have a 10/30 california magazine compliance kit but here is the direct link to it. its a bit pricey and im unsure if its a reliable source or not. http://www.lscmanufacturing.com/shop/product.php?id_product=33

FateZero
04-16-2012, 11:56 AM
@Kurby09, yes I did see that and HKparts sells one as well. From what I read online adding the block involves welding the mag to make it CA com[and I don't think I can tackle that kind of project. I emailed Adam@hkparts to see if he possibly sells the 10rd mags already made and I will see what he says

Thanks to all for the recommendations