View Full Version : Glen Helen - April 28-29

04-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Hey All,

For those of you who miss the nice covered line, the tree shaded prep-area and ice cold well water Appleseed is back at Glen Helen!

While I love my M1 this is a rimfire only event which helps with external distractions.

PM me if you have any questions or post to this thread. Space is limited so sign up now!

04-26-2012, 8:44 PM
See you there on Saturday! The directions say to cross a creekbed is the road to the AS range clearly marked? -Our first time at this range.
-Scott and Owen

04-26-2012, 9:36 PM
It's well marked. You cross the creekbed right after you turn off the main road, and afterward there's pretty much only one way to go.

04-27-2012, 8:13 AM
Thanks Rocketman!

04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Scott, if you have any trouble finding us, we will be on the "Rimfire Range" which I have also heard called the Junior Range. After you follow the road in, you will pass by the Public Range (where the stop sign is) after going through the gate. The Rimfire Range is on the right about 1/4 mile further along the main road. See you there.

04-27-2012, 1:32 PM
Thanks! See ya tomorrow! :)

05-01-2012, 8:37 AM
Glen Helen is definitely one of the nicest venues.

Besides all the amenities (shaded prep area, covered asphalt line, etc) the West End Gun Club (WEGC) waived all range fees!

That is right folks this weekend they gave all shooters a little bonus!

I have to give a shout out to Bruce (WEGC President) who personally delivered the news to our shooters! Thank you to the WEGC board and members who have shown real community in supporting all the shooting sports and Project Appleseed!

Link to the After Action Report: