View Full Version : ar10 problem

04-15-2012, 7:09 PM
howdy! took my recently purchased armalite/aero ar 10 with 24" hvy barrel to the range today(burro cyn). was very pleased with results @ 200 yds till the thing jammed. cycled round, pulled trigger and heard click, but no boom! bolt was jammed, but was able to clear and then fire normally for 2 shots then deja vu all over again. any advise or expirence? thanx for any help.....steve:facepalm:

04-15-2012, 7:12 PM
factory ammo? or reloads? I have experience same situation when the primer is seated to low then there is a miss fire. sounds like you need to break it in more. what kind of trigger do you have?

04-15-2012, 7:16 PM
has n.m. trigger, firing 168 smk reloads,quality ammo,thanx for any help...steve

04-16-2012, 5:26 AM
I did a break in with mine using new brass smk bullet. I made sure my primers were not too deep. You need to shoot it more then it will start to break in. I have realized that my brass need to be winchester or remington, none of the military type. good luck

04-16-2012, 5:37 AM
Firing pin protrusion is ether slightly too large, or the firing pin hole on the face of the bolt is slightly too small. If the firing pin bynes in this whole, it will lock up the bolt carrier pretty good

04-16-2012, 5:37 AM
Binds. (Mobile ...can't edit)

04-16-2012, 5:49 AM
Was the bolt running slow? Make sure plenty of lube on the bolt.

04-16-2012, 6:13 AM
Yep, Stevie is probably right, needs more lube.

CIV Tactical
04-16-2012, 7:34 AM
you might have to lap or polish your bolt lugs and extension lugs as well. There could be high friction there. Lapping the upper receiver face will true your barrel and barrel extension as well and help keep the bolt lugs and extension lugs in a straighter alignment. Does the bolt cam in and out of the Bolt carrier the way it should or is that tight as well. I just got a batch of BCG,s and I had to slightly ream the carrier because the bolt wasnt camming properly and it was causing a jam as well. Anyways Good luck and keep us posted.

04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
i just bought the same gun from rifle gear but the 20' inch version with the stainless bull barrel . i shot 100 rounds just fine , then failure to feed every round . the round seemed to chamber but the bolt would not completely close until i manually pulled back the charging handle , clearing that round and loading another . i could shoot then it would happen again . i took it to my gunsmith . he noticed the trigger pins had walked out of the receiver . he proceeded to take apart the areoprecission receiver and found that the trigger pin was missing a detent for the j-spring to seat . he said this was a problem that should have been noted at the manufacture .i called rifle gear and let them know , they told me to call armalite since aeroprecision is a sub devision of them . i just went ahead and added some kns anti roll pins to the receiver and problem solved , i took it to the range this weekend and ran about 150 rounds with out a hitch !!!! happy hunting

[IMG] http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/dunwitjayz/?action=view&current=kns.jpg [IMG]