PDA

View Full Version : Saigas Mag lock

brantly04
04-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I know this has probably been beaten to death but ....

Saigia shotguns have to have maglock correct? What about saiga rifles?

In stock configuration....are you ok? Only when you convert it you need a maglock?

Thanks in advance..

kellanmeigh
04-15-2012, 1:11 PM
Stock, hunter/sporting configuration rifles, i.e. Saiga IZ-110 or IZ-132 for example, don't need a maglock. Only when you 'restore' them to 'original design' with a pistol grip in the 'original location'.

All magazine-fed shotguns do need a maglock, even in sporter configuration.

HTH

The Old Warhorse

zfields
04-15-2012, 1:18 PM
Stock, hunter/sporting configuration rifles, i.e. Saiga IZ-110 or IZ-132 for example, don't need a maglock. Only when you 'restore' them to 'original design' with a pistol grip in the 'original location'.

All magazine-fed shotguns do need a maglock, even in sporter configuration.

HTH

The Old Warhorse

Not very accurate. Once you add a pistol grip is correct, but it doesnt have to be in the original location.

Think crappy tapco stock, or the ace equivalent.

brantly04
04-15-2012, 1:19 PM
So if you put a folder on it you're going to have to maglock a rifle correct? I know if you put a folder on it has to be a certain length as well too? Basically, if you convert a saiga rifle or change to a folding/collapsible stock you've gotta maglock it?

zfields
04-15-2012, 1:54 PM
Once you add a evil feature, BB goes on.

brantly04
04-15-2012, 2:25 PM
That's what I was thinking... I always try to be 100% when going about these things because it is probable especially if I take it hunting.

Anyone have an unconverted saiga .308 they wanna sell? Anyone know where the good deal is???

kellanmeigh
04-15-2012, 4:17 PM
Not very accurate. Once you add a pistol grip is correct, but it doesnt have to be in the original location.

Think crappy tapco stock, or the ace equivalent.

I had forgot about those stocks.

The other side of the coin is 922(r) compliance. Tapco (http://www.tapco.com/section922r/) has a write-up on 922(r) compliance.

Kellan