View Full Version : These waiting times are killing me!!!!!

04-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm here at the Turner's in Torrance, got here when it opened and it's past 11. There was already a bunch of guys waiting for the store to open. All I want is to pick up my PSA lower. I'm standing here thinking, it took an hour the first time to order the damn thing on the Calguns special (they no longer had them in the warehouse when I ordered). That was fast! The wait to DROS it was 1 1/2 hour. I came earlier this week to pick it up but bailed after 1/2 hour when the number never changed and I had 8 customers in front of me. I've been here 1 1/4 hours with no end in sight. This is crazy! I don't think the vodka line in the old Soviet Union moved this slow. I like Turner's and have been a customer for close to 30 years, but this is nuts! No good deal is worth this aggravation. No way.

04-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Update: it took a grand total of 2 HOURS to get my lower. I was number 46, the first guy into the store was 39. Two freaking hours!!!!! 8 customers in 2 HOURS!!

04-15-2012, 9:11 PM
They need to do something, they're going to lose loyal customers. I'm 52 and have been into the gun hobby since my late teens. When I go to the gun store I already know what I want, I don't need help picking the latest peashooter. Write up my paperwork and get me out the door. Why did I have to wait 2 hours to pick up a lower? Once my number was finally pulled it took 15 minutes, that was reasonable. I know things are hot right now in the gun trade, but a 2 hour wait is insane! Remember I got there when they opened. I'm literally dreading completing the purchase of the 10/22 takedown rifle I put on layaway at the Signal Hill store. No doubt that's going to take several hours to complete.

04-15-2012, 9:14 PM
Oh when I was leaving they were calling a lot of numbers and no one was responding. All the folks that got tired of waiting and bailed. Pity.

04-15-2012, 9:40 PM
I try to go during the week during lunch if I can, or as soon as I can get off work. I try to avoid tuesdays and wednesdays, since that is when most 10-days will be up, since the busiest days are on the weekend.

I picked up a 22/45 at Turners Pasadena on friday at about 5 pm (just couldn't wait until monday) and surprisingly it was pretty dead inside. No wait at all. I was very surprised, and wouldn't expect it again.

04-15-2012, 10:01 PM
I can't make it during lunch and I work 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekly. If I go after work the wait time is incredible. If I'm going to get something that doesn't involve pulling a number it's cool. I'm in and out. Pull a number and time as we know it s l o w s d o w n. Rifle Gear is always busy but I've never waited there 2 hours for help.

04-16-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't know squat about queue theory but what you say makes sense. If I'm just picking up I don't mind waiting for 1/2 hour with the folks that are also just picking up. Instead of 2 hours in a general queue. Makes sense dude!! :)

04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I go right when they open. Like first person in the door and had never had to wait long at all

04-16-2012, 3:08 PM
I got there at 10, the door hadn't been opened and there were 7 dudes already there waiting. I'd have to get there well before they open and hope the folks that got there after me have some class and don't run in in front of me to grab the first number when the doors finally open. Every day apparently is like Black Friday at Turner's now.

04-16-2012, 9:24 PM
ridiculous! I go to the one in Rancho Cucumonga and i will admit it gets packed FAST. Guess I have been lucky. There store isn't super big though so maybe thats why it isn't too bad.