PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 TD trigger question to owners

kgcabs
04-15-2012, 7:16 AM
How's the trigger feel?

It has been my experience the pull weight is usually high and not very crisp on 10/22s. I have a couple on order and thought I'd get some trigger parts lined up while I wait out the DROS.

Thanks, Karl

htfan
04-15-2012, 7:45 AM
How's the trigger feel?

It has been my experience the pull weight is usually high and not very crisp on 10/22s. I have a couple on order and thought I'd get some trigger parts lined up while I wait out the DROS.

Thanks, Karl

I've done some trigger work on my 10/22s and very happy with results. Do a search for Volquartsen parts. They would be a good quality option for trigger components or replacement.

Excaliburr
04-15-2012, 9:50 AM
If you want to spend the money, buy Volquartsen like the above poster says. It is not too difficult to save the money and do your own trigger work. The auto bolt part from Volquartsen is the same as the factory part in your gun, just with the tit inside the oval piece dremelled out and made a little more oblong. Of course they stamp out a new part and sell it for $13 roughly. On my TD, I took the factory hammer and polished the sear engagement area and lowered the pull. There are plenty of youtube vids on people doing trigger jobs and it is easy to get to a 3-4# pull on the factory trigger parts. It is much better than an 8# pull from the factory! Check out rimfirecentral.com for plenty of 10/22 tips and tricks.

htfan
04-15-2012, 5:38 PM
If you want to spend the money, buy Volquartsen like the above poster says. It is not too difficult to save the money and do your own trigger work. The auto bolt part from Volquartsen is the same as the factory part in your gun, just with the tit inside the oval piece dremelled out and made a little more oblong. Of course they stamp out a new part and sell it for $13 roughly. On my TD, I took the factory hammer and polished the sear engagement area and lowered the pull. There are plenty of youtube vids on people doing trigger jobs and it is easy to get to a 3-4# pull on the factory trigger parts. It is much better than an 8# pull from the factory! Check out rimfirecentral.com for plenty of 10/22 tips and tricks.

Yes, I agree if you're a DIY kind of person there are great resources on rimfirecentral.com. I also did a DIY trigger job on one of my 10/22's and reduced the #8 trigger down to around #5. Very happy with results.