PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a quad rail that will extend past gas block without disassembly of upper

MustangO4
04-14-2012, 5:52 PM
I have a weird application where because of a perm muzzle device, I cannot take the whole upper apart. I can unscrew the barrel nut, pull the gas tube etc but can't pull the gas block or take anything off the front of the barrel.

Think of a standard clamshell handguard carbine with a permenant fake can extending out to give you the full 16" length

does anyone know of a quad rail that will attach to this carbine length system, but extend out over the front of the muzzle? I am looking to have the rails extend out past the lo-pro gas block, but instal on the original barrel nut. Any ideas?

Gunfighter420
04-14-2012, 6:01 PM
I have a centurion arms rail that clamps over the stock barrel nut. You'll have to remove the delta ring and spring. Its a two piece free float rail.

MustangO4
04-14-2012, 6:17 PM
That's what I'm looking for!

tomd1584
04-14-2012, 6:41 PM
Yep, centurion FSP sounds like the way to go.

RoundEye
04-14-2012, 8:07 PM
Daniel Defense Omega FSP should work as well.

DREADNOUGHT78
04-14-2012, 8:11 PM
I don't think he will need a rail designed for a FSB as he stated it has a low profile gas block. Some of the Troy Industries and V-Tac rails use the existing barrel nut.

702Shooter
04-15-2012, 8:14 AM
does anyone know of a quad rail that will attach to this carbine length system, but extend out over the front of the muzzle?

So you want a 17" or longer hand guard? Off the top of my head, I don't recall ever seeing anything longer than 15".

At one point you say you want it past the gas block but above you say the muzzle. Big difference between the two.

There are several HG's that can accomplish getting past the gas block of a carbine. Troy's newest AlphaRail clears low profile gas blocks and uses a standard barrel nut. Not sure what the OD of your fake can is and that's something you will need to know to see if the hand guard will fit over it.

Another option may be Troy's Delta BattleRail. Here's some info on that. Watch the second video on the page.

http://www.702shooter.com/shot-show/troy-industries-delta-battlerail-squid-grip-suppressors-2012-shot-show/

MustangO4
04-15-2012, 1:08 PM
Thanks guys, those are all great suggestions. I'll post a pic when I am done. I'll give you a hint....S.O.T. ;)