PDA

View Full Version : LMT MWS from out of state.

yamimoto85r6
04-14-2012, 5:25 PM
hi, i been lurking around and searching for an answer, but i can seem to find it. not sure which area i should be posting this at, but here it is.

so i found a good deal on LMT MWS online and there willing to ship to ca and install a bullet button for me if i ship it to them. so heres my questions.

1. which bullet button should i get. so i can get rid of or disable the ambidextrous mag lock? ( i seen a few topics on this but no one ever came up with an answer)

2. just in case should i just have the shop ship me the upper and ship the lower to FFL with the bullet button installed.

3. my local FFL also told me its illegal to ship a complete lower to CA with out a bullet button on it.

4. and if there it is legal is there a FFL in the bay area that knows it is legal.

5. or what other options do i have. (just buy one that in CA?)

thanks for all you help

cutty01
04-14-2012, 6:52 PM
Does your outstares vendor start with an M and end in a X by chance? If so he is a great online seller and is hell bent on providing the best customer satisfaction.

I bought an LMT MWS from said vendor and shipped him a Radlock from Metal Dog Tactical in San Jose. I ordered it online and entered the online vendor as the address. Since it was shipped out of state they didn't charge be CA sales tax. The vendor put it on no problems. You are going to have to put one anyway, just have him do it and you won't have any problems ship pining it to your Cali FFL.

PS - you are going to love this rifle. It gets a lot of approving nods when I am at the range and she shoots nice tight groups. Don't go too cheap on the scope or ammo.

yamimoto85r6
04-14-2012, 8:35 PM
Does your outstares vendor start with an M and end in a X by chance? If so he is a great online seller and is hell bent on providing the best customer satisfaction.

I bought an LMT MWS from said vendor and shipped him a Radlock from Metal Dog Tactical in San Jose. I ordered it online and entered the online vendor as the address. Since it was shipped out of state they didn't charge be CA sales tax. The vendor put it on no problems. You are going to have to put one anyway, just have him do it and you won't have any problems ship pining it to your Cali FFL.

PS - you are going to love this rifle. It gets a lot of approving nods when I am at the range and she shoots nice tight groups. Don't go too cheap on the scope or ammo.
how did they disable the anbi release. and no its not through them.

skkeeter
04-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Your FFL is wrong. A lower does not have to have a BB installed before shipping into Ca if it's just a lower. No upper can be attached of course. Rimfires are exempt and you could be assembling one using said lower receiver. Find another FFL and have the rifle shipped with the lower and upper not attached. When they get to your FFL, immediately take off the ambi mag release and install a BB. Then take your upper home with you and stay drunk for 10 days while you wait:eek: kidding about staying drunk for 10 days, but it might help ease the pain of waiting.

yamimoto85r6
04-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Your FFL is wrong. A lower does not have to have a BB installed before shipping into Ca if it's just a lower. No upper can be attached of course. Rimfires are exempt and you could be assembling one using said lower receiver. Find another FFL and have the rifle shipped with the lower and upper not attached. When they get to your FFL, immediately take off the ambi mag release and install a BB. Then take your upper home with you and stay drunk for 10 days while you wait:eek: kidding about staying drunk for 10 days, but it might help ease the pain of waiting.

sweet thats what i thought. Is there a FFL you would recommend in the bay area that would let me do that?

skkeeter
04-15-2012, 9:07 AM
sweet thats what i thought. Is there a FFL you would recommend in the bay area that would let me do that?

Sorry, I have no clue. I'm a 4 hour drive north of you and have never dealt with anybody besides my FFL out here in the sticks. Hopefully somebody will come along and point you in the right direction.

spdrcr
04-15-2012, 9:49 AM
I would reccomend giving Valkyrie Arms a call in Milpitas

yamimoto85r6
04-15-2012, 6:27 PM
I would reccomend giving Valkyrie Arms a call in Milpitas

ill give them a call. is there any other suggestions