View Full Version : All the 6.8 kits I have seen include a upper.

04-14-2012, 4:09 PM
As far as I know I can use my DPMS upper?

There has got to be a kit out there that includes everything barrel forward plus the bolt?

I have posted this in the Looking For section, but am hoping to get a little more exposure here.

04-14-2012, 4:25 PM
You could just buy a complete barrel, muzzle device and bolt. All else is the same.

04-14-2012, 5:22 PM
All the complete barrels I have seen come with a upper.

Kits are typically cheaper and usually aren't missing any items?

Was hoping to get a kit that had a 6.8 barrel, gas block, gas tube, muzzle brake/flash hider, barrel nut, ... Everything but an upper? Lower is taken care of, although if this kit were to come with mags that would be cool.

I guess I will have to get this piece by piece? Thanks.

EDIT: I found this place http://jtdistributing.net/store/product230.html but I do not need a stock, trigger, foregrip, etc.

04-14-2012, 5:53 PM
Arperformance.com hands down H is a GREAT guy to deal with and his barrel/bolts are AWSOME

04-14-2012, 8:40 PM
+1, AR15Performance is good stuff and they sell what you are looking for.

On the other hand, you shouldn't think that you can swap barrels on an upper whenever you want. If you do it too much, you will wear out the receiver threads.

If you just have a spare upper you want to build up, you've got the right idea.

04-15-2012, 8:20 AM
BIG +1 on ARP.

Another +1 for what wash said. Not to mention that it's a whole lot easier to swap complete uppers than to swap barrels/bolts. IMO it's just not worth the $100 cost savings to only use one receiver and swap parts. Recycle more cans (drink more beer?) and get another receiver.

Then again, an LMT MRP system does look kinda cool tho.

04-15-2012, 8:45 AM
I belive the LMT barrel is not spec II.

04-16-2012, 1:27 PM
I do have an extra upper.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.