PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought Umarex HK MP5 SD..Need Some Advice From Owners

Rexxss98
04-14-2012, 8:08 AM
Sup Guys!
I remember last year some time I got interested in a GSG 5 after seeing a few online. The price was fantastic for what it was but unfortunately after going to Big 5 to inspect the GSG, I decided not to buy due to the air soft like feel of the rifle. The Umarex was my next choice but there were none available either online or at the stores....

Flash forward till a few days ago, I saw one at the range on my trip down south. The dude was nice enough to let me inspect the Umarex and I went online like hour later and grabbed one.
Anyway enough ranting, I just have a few questions to current owners of the HK version.

Do the rear sights need an adjustment tool or can u use just Allen screws to adjust for wind+elevation?

What brand of claw mount do u use for red dot optics? I seen several online from I think the oem version that costs way too much http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Umarex-HK-MP5-22-Low-Profile-Scope-Mount-312p2389.htm to cheap ones that don't fit....I'm looking for one that does the job but won't cost an arm + leg....

Any brand of ammo I should avoid? I plan on using some hollow point CCI's

Thanks guys and I'll make sure to update when I get it out of jail.

DTS
04-14-2012, 8:25 AM
rrages.com from here...check it out