PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to cali need BB opinions

bphage
04-14-2012, 8:46 AM
Hey all I am moving back to cali and focused over my 6 years of being out of the state on getting firearms I knew I could bring back with a BB etc. I was hoping I could get some opinions on what people like for cali compliance while keeping the pistol grips - although I would like to here what people think of grip covers like on this guys AK: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=523469

I wouldn't mind any input on something that should be a must add to my list too. Maybe a six pack of AR lowers lol; but I am highly considering a AR10 lower and build later.

Thanks

1. M&P 15T
2. AK47 - 1960 ak polish
3. PSL54c
4. Siaga 12 - Converted
5. Saiga 308 - need to convert but could just leave it alone for cali compliance for now and use 10rd mags but the stock trigger is crap and a half.
6. C93 .223 HK 53 clone

ElvenSoul
04-14-2012, 8:53 AM
Grip wrap the AK's, Saiga Conversions, & C93. Just make sure they have muzle brakes and not flash hiders.

Talk to CG User Monkeyboi he makes the best wraps for the AK's.

McTerry
04-14-2012, 9:44 AM
Vamfire M.L.D. has treated me well for all my AR compliance needs.

deter
04-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I bought both a Raddlock and Bullet Button for my AR build. I like the flexibility of the raddlock, but due to the Bullet Button's larger aperture size and case law (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=429902), I went with that one. If I visit out of state I'll probably end up throwing the raddlock on to unscrew once crossing the border, but I'm keeping the bullet button for now

bphage
04-14-2012, 2:00 PM
Thanks for the help guys; I didn't catch the case law on the BB what great news.

I need to look into the muzzle break/flash hider issue - to make them featureless correct I. Would BB equivalents be a more expedient way of getting things into cali in a legal configuration? I ask only because once I start pulling muzzle breaks off I'll be polishing internals, doing trigger jobs... etc... what Can I say I can't help myself lol.

shooperman
04-14-2012, 2:02 PM
Go with a Radlock. Hands down best bb out there.

Agent Tikki
04-14-2012, 5:25 PM
Radlock

lrj812
04-14-2012, 5:40 PM
I gave up on the BB with my converted Saiga 7.62x39. Went with wrap around grip from Monkeeboi. AK BB very awkward, turned a battle rifle into a manual dexterity test. Either way it sucks, grip wrap sucks much less. If you are for looks go with the BB, grip wrap for a shooter.

DoubleDown707
04-14-2012, 5:54 PM
Just bought a raddlock. I recommend it, but I'm definitely nervous about it coming loose and getting messed with by LE because of the fact that 4 turns takes you out of compliance.