PDA

View Full Version : My Florida CWL Experience

arster
04-23-2007, 6:13 PM
My "experience" with applying for a Florida out of state resident Concealed Weapons License for those who have looked into it and want to do it, but haven't "pulled the trigger".

So I had been intrigued by getting a multi-state ccw or Florida's CWL. I had seen the recent posts for the Utah Class but had taken a few combat firearm courses, had my hunter safety course card and have some LEO background from the past (though not current) - so felt that I had the "requirements" and proper frame of mind for applying for the Florida license.

I sent in an email request in beginning of January to the State of FL and had it sent to me in less than 1 week.

I had everything filled out and read over all the literature to familiarize myself with the other states' "rules" (that I travel to a lot in my vehicle for business and pleasure) - took about one hour. Got my finger print card from the PD for $15 (30 minutes of my time). Had my stuff properly notarized - $10 (20 minutes of my time) - got my check for the proper amount of $117 - got my two passport pictures for $10 (20 minutes of my time). Got it all packed up and posted in a good full size envelope provided and sent it registered priority mail ($4.65).

Sent in around January 10th. Took a total of about 3 hours of my time driving around and getting all the stuff together.

Received my 30 state CWL from Florida on April 16, right on around their "90-day" review period. Who says the state doesn't work for us, oooops too bad it isn't ours(ie CA) (LOL).:rolleyes:

Just a sad pity our own state can't care for its citizen's safety as FL and many more are.:mad: If you meet the requirements - it really isn't that much of a hassle or much $ to get it done either.;)

"All evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing.."