PDA

View Full Version : Something is going wrong at Turner's

joe321
04-13-2012, 6:51 PM
This isn't another post to complain about Turner's service. Just got a Glock there a few weeks ago without a hitch, so I've been happy with them. The wait times are a bit long, but I was expecting that.

However, I did want to post a warning to my fellow calguns members about their computer system. I think there may be something seriously wrong with their DROS system and their logistics.

In the past week, I went to the Torrance store 3 times just to buy some ammo and accessories. Each time I went, there was a customer who was complaining because the gun that they DROS'd was sold to someone else. I'm not totally familiar about serial number filings with the Dept. of Justice, but it seems sketchy that one person's DROS application would have the serial number to a gun sold to someone else. In 3 days, I saw 3 people complaining about the same thing. This must be happening left and right. It must be a glitch in their new computer system. So be careful.

drifter2be
04-13-2012, 8:08 PM
Sounds like the standard Turner's Outdoorsman level of competence to me.

cntrolsguy
04-13-2012, 8:14 PM
I do know they just went to a new inventory system not to long ago and they had issues they where trying to work out. Hopefully they get it worked out soon.

frankm
04-14-2012, 8:43 AM
That's what I really don't like, you get a serial number from the warehouse. I would like to see and feel the actual gun I'm buying before I DROS.

Boris
04-14-2012, 9:02 AM
If the serial number is different at pickup they do a DROS correction and note the change on the federal form don't they? I don't see what the big deal is as long as I get my gun.

joe321
04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
If the serial number is different at pickup they do a DROS correction and note the change on the federal form don't they? I don't see what the big deal is as long as I get my gun.

yes, I overheard the salesperson say that to one of the customers. The gun arrived and it had a different serial number than was originally Dros'd. So there was a serial number correction and the person picking up found out at the time of pickup.

In another case, the customer came to pick up the gun and they didn't have it. Then the salesperson told the customer that they don't know what happened to the gun that he Dros'd, but that it was probably sold to someone else. And boy was that guy furious. He was cussing up a storm.

At least the first person was able to pick up their gun. This other person's gun was just sold to someone else. And, i'm guessing that someone else had to have a serial number correction on their dros application.

The third person, i don't know what happened. I didn't stick around. But, I go there 3 times in one week, and all 3 times a different customer was complaining about the same thing. So this must be some type of systemic glitch. It must be happening all the time over there. Even if there's a correction available, I'd still want the purchase of a hand gun to be as clean and smooth as possible. It's not like you're buying a pack of gum.

ironhiide
04-14-2012, 10:30 AM
This happened to one of my work buddies about a month ago too. I took him to Turner's in San Bernardino to pick out his first gun. We went through the process and they had to retrieve the serial from the warehouse too, out of stock in store. When he went back, the serial number was wrong and he had to come back 2 days later. So right there, they lost a customer for life over a screw up. But Ammo bros and the Bass Pro shops in the ontario/rancho area have benefited lately, I just print out or bring in the Turner's ads for a price match.

StratORcaster
04-14-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=560279

Carlow202
04-14-2012, 10:37 AM
This is a trending issue. Very serious issue imo. Has happened to a few of my friends and since then have never gone back.

joe321
04-14-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=560279

ha, that's the dude that I saw. Well, to Turner's credit, looks like they took care of him.

Like I said, this isn't to bash on Turner's. I got a glock there a while back and was perfectly happy with their service. But, just giving everyone a heads up. They might have some glitches in their computer system.

weber_2
04-14-2012, 12:38 PM
It happened to me when I picked up my Socom. Some issue with DROS and the original Socom I got. Luckily there was another one there (another guy purchased) and I got that one...sux for the other guy.