PDA

View Full Version : PMags and the 10 Round Limiter

Prc329
04-13-2012, 6:37 PM
So I had some 10/20 Pmags I bought from a company and they of course were already blocked. I was having a lot of problems with 2 of them. They were not feeding reliably and the bolt wouldn't lock back. After trying a few different mags to be sure I figured I would remove the block and use the 10 round limiter from magpul.

I installed them and the mags nowt work flawlessly. I think the mag was just to tight with the old limiter method. I tried very hard to get an 11th round in there and it wouldn't go. I think from now on I'll buy rebuild kits and the limiter from magpul and be happy.

glock7
04-14-2012, 1:44 PM
I found that if I load 10, rack it and remove mag and add one more I get a total of 11. Ymmv😉

Omega13device
04-14-2012, 3:08 PM
For the price of a 3-pack of 10-round limiters, you could buy a rivet gun and some rivets and make a sh*t-ton of 10-round magazines.

10-round magazine tutorial (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=147553)

Prc329
04-14-2012, 4:04 PM
the limiters I'm happy with the $10 I spent. The mags work pretty good now besides the one that doesn't lock the bolt. No need for the rivets. Oh and Glock, in CA its illegal to use a mag in a mag locked rifle such as mine that can hold more then 10 rounds. Hence me making sure it would not hold more then 10 in the mag.

Omega13device
04-14-2012, 7:10 PM
Oh and Glock, in CA its illegal to use a mag in a mag locked rifle such as mine that can hold more then 10 rounds. Hence me making sure it would not hold more then 10 in the mag.

He's saying he chambers one from the mag, takes the mag out and tops it off to 10, so 11 total.

Prc329
04-14-2012, 8:01 PM
When I mentioned the 11th round it was in reference to making sure the mag was legal. What glock mentioned seemed to me either he didn't understand why I was trying to put the 11th round in or he was being sarcastic so I felt a little clarification on my part was due. Seems my point was still missed.

Its nice to see a major manufacturer of parts support us end users in states that have stupid gun laws.