PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Clip Loader

monkeylice
04-13-2012, 7:14 PM
I am trying out an Ultimate Clip Loader for the first time, and it doesn't work very well. Cartridges keep getting stuck in the feeding slot so it takes a lot of shaking to get them to feed into the magazine, and then they go in crooked and stick so the magazines only load about half full. The videos on youtube make it look so easy, but it isn't going well for me. I'm trying to use CCI Blazer ammo.
Anyone have any similar problems?

[EDIT] Forgot to include link http://www.mcfaden.com/cliploader.html

ElvenSoul
04-13-2012, 7:17 PM
Will this work on my SKS & Garand Clips?

monkeylice
04-13-2012, 7:22 PM
Just tried again with some Remington GB I had laying around and it worked a lot better... maybe it doesn't like waxed bullets?

I think it only works for .22lr magazines:

RUGERŪ MARK II, III, & HUNTER,
22/45, COLT WOODSMEN MAG.,
Old Military High Standard,
Newer High Standard,
Browning Buckmark PistolsŪ,
Stoeger Luger 22 cal.

SoCal Choppas
04-13-2012, 7:25 PM
any film or wax coating on the bullets will cause them to hang up in the loader. Make sure to wipe out the loader too. Sometimes I will spray a dry lube on the bullets in the loader too

monkeylice
04-13-2012, 7:34 PM
Doh, thanks SoCal Choppas. I will clean it out and keep that in mind.

CSACANNONEER
04-13-2012, 8:18 PM
Shaking is always needed. However spraying the inside with a light coating of silicon lube will help a lot.

wilit
04-13-2012, 8:59 PM
It takes some practice. The first couple of times I used mine it seemed like a waste of money, but after using it a bit, I figured out the "trick" to get it to load flawlessly.

Old4eyes
04-13-2012, 10:01 PM
As others have stated, get some silicon dry lube in there. The other thing, that line that that has the label above it that says HOLD LEVEL, well by golly, they mean it. Have that line be level with the horizon when loading up.

I find that many times I end up "pumping" the magazine into the loader to get it working. And sometimes I get a round that escapes out. But overall, it sure beats all the other loaders I've tried. Wished the thing worked for my Mark 1 mags and my Colt Huntsman.

HeHateMe
04-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I have to shake mine a lot, but it works really well. Saves the fingers when shooting 500 rnds.

Ron-Solo
04-14-2012, 1:19 AM
You guys that have this loader, do you recommend it?

orthopod
04-14-2012, 1:48 AM
Any good loaders for stock ruger 10 22 magazines bx-10?

tlillard23
04-14-2012, 2:19 AM

or maybe perhaps it will be the ultimate in hairstyle accessory??

clips... hahahahaaaa

tlillard23
04-14-2012, 2:21 AM
I think it only works for .22lr magazines:

magazines? I thought this was a clip loader. :oji:

monkeylice
04-14-2012, 2:33 AM
magazines? I thought this was a clip loader. :oji:

Don't blame me, I didn't name it

Les K
04-14-2012, 4:28 AM
Don't forget along with what others have mentioned, your magazines get dirty and need to be cleaned periodically too. My ultimate clip loader doesn't feed as well when the mag is dirty and will feed just like in the videos that you see on you tube when the loader is clean, the bullets are lubed, and the mags are clean, and the level line is properly used ( a lot of conditions, I know). If any or all of those conditions are not met, then some "pumping" of the magazine might be necessary to feed the rounds

The spray silicone from Home Depot works well for me- they sell it as garage door lubricant.

CSACANNONEER
04-14-2012, 7:53 AM

The 0nly mag loaders I like to use are my 1919 linker, the one I have for my 10-22s and this one. If you shoot .22lr pistols like Rugers or Brownings, this is a must have. I bought mine from the reloading store in the SFV before they closed and then, I didn't see another one for years. Then, a group buy on CGN came up. I bought a back up in case mine everry got lost or broken.

Wicked K5
04-14-2012, 8:19 AM

Yes! Only issue I've had was with waxy Golden Bullets hanging up. I've yet to try dry silicone lube although I have plenty at my work.

Ron-Solo
04-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks. I love shooting my MKIII, but hate loading magazines for it.

Ron-Solo
04-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Any good loaders for stock ruger 10 22 magazines bx-10?

My Butler Creek loader works great with them.

CSACANNONEER
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks. I love shooting my MKIII, but hate loading magazines for it.

Just get one. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you for whatever you paid for it. I'm that sure you'll like it once you figure out it's little quirks.

retired
04-14-2012, 1:18 PM

Yes, buy it. Ron, I have used mine for about 3yrs. and it is a heck of a lot better than trying to hold down that little round lug and loading a round one at a time.

I was advised to spray Rem Oil inside it every so often and it seems to work. The only time I seem to have a problem is when I forget to spray the oil.

Even when it does hang up, it is faster and a heck of a lot easier to load the mags than without it.:)

P95
04-14-2012, 1:24 PM
Don't buy it ... you'll find that you're shooting through your ammo stash way too fast :rolleyes:

It's a great product but like others have said, just clean it once in awhile.